Unless you return the 2nd pair. In this case you get your $125 refund and return shipping is still free for another week or so.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:20 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- How do shoe care kit I can build myself?Last edited: 1/28/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1753
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26282 of 705268/4/13 at 10:56amQuote:
+1. Can't be beaten for $99. No squeaking--an issue often reported on SF--so far. I'm honestly thinking of stocking up another pair just to keep it in my closet until the 1st one wear out, but then again, it might take a while to totally ruin them.post #26283 of 705268/4/13 at 11:08ampost #26284 of 705268/4/13 at 11:27amQuote:
In my experience Neumoks run narrowpost #26285 of 705268/4/13 at 11:37ampost #26286 of 705268/4/13 at 11:49ampost #26287 of 705268/4/13 at 11:56ampost #26288 of 705268/4/13 at 12:12pmpost #26289 of 705268/4/13 at 12:25pmpost #26290 of 705268/4/13 at 12:28pmpost #26291 of 705268/4/13 at 12:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by md2010
Taking out the insoles were a bit of pain. Took me about 20 minutes each pairs. First of all start from the sides (waist of the shoes) That is easy part then rip the insoles from the heels. Its easy too. Hardest part is to rip it from the ball of the feet and all the way through the toes end. They have used heavy glue on that area and hard to get your hands inside that far.My fingers and nails hurts now. At one stage I thought I will just give up !
Underneath the insole there is cork foot bed. Not the pretty looking things - you will see glue marks here are there. But You will feel ok wearing them. Best part is the extra space. The insoles are thick . I ripped off 3 pairs today . I will need to do this in another 2 pairs. Now I wonder why I didn't do this earlier .
Do you realize that you have just effectively destroyed your shoes!? Those insoles are not intended to be removable! There is a reason you were having to "rip" them out! They are the foundation of the shoe, and the glue you are referring to is the canvas gemming! The gemming is attached to the bottom of the insole with cement, and then the uppers and welt are stitched to the gemming. Your shoes are now un-repairable!!!post #26292 of 705268/4/13 at 1:10pmGrey cloud pa's on their way from the sale. I bought the grey Dalton's when they were first offered because I loved the grey color so much! Even back then, though, I wanted the pa's more. These shoes are just plain gorgeous. Now that theyre being discontinued, i wanted to get them... AND theyre only 125!!! I will wear them until they are dust.post #26293 of 705268/4/13 at 1:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent
Do you realize that you have just effectively destroyed your shoes!? Those insoles are not intended to be removable! There is a reason you were having to "rip" them out! They are the foundation of the shoe, and the glue you are referring to is the canvas gemming! The gemming is attached to the bottom of the insole with cement, and then the uppers and welt are stitched to the gemming. Your shoes are now un-repairable!!!
...pretty sure he's trolling...at least, I hope so.post #26294 of 705268/4/13 at 1:43pmQuote:
I'm not sure if that's true or not. If you've done it, then I'll take your word for it. I'd guess that they'd refund the difference between the normal price of the first pair and what you paid. That's the way that most companies deal with this sort of issue. It's the employees who don't know better who fall for that.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 11 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 27 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 27 minutes ago
- › Styleforum in Paris: Streetstyle Pics 30 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 31 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 34 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 35 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...