The list they send includes all locations. I ordered 2 pair for $250 and one shipped from jville and the other from Maine.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 7/21/16 at 5:47am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 11:22 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1751post #26252 of 707378/3/13 at 7:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920Quote:Originally Posted by horsey shoes
Picked up my tan Cronmoks today and took some before and after pics.
Fresh out of the box... confirmed that they are lighter than expected and almost as light as a new leather sole as someone else pointed out.
Used some Reno and a light coat of Kiwi neutral and they started to darken.
I expect these guys to darken a little more over time given the feel of the leather and how they changed just after one application.
Have been wearing them around the house and confirm they are TTS (8E Strand - 8E Cronmok) and a very comfortable wearing boot.
The footbed feels almost padded and the upper leather is like a broken in glove.
I missed out on the natural colored McTavish, so this will fill the gap at the light, top end nicely.
Has anyone else purchased the Cronmok in tan? if so, how are they looking?
I love the look of the finished product in the second image, nice dark and rich color. I would love to get these and have the ability to darken them.
I have the Banchory in tan and I believe they use the same leather. I've been pretty mean with these shoes (wearing them to bars and even taking them to the beach), while still taking care of them (reno, saddle soap), and they've begun to darken fairly well. The leather is extremely soft and comfortable!post #26253 of 707378/3/13 at 7:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by David Copeland
Allen-Edmonds Amok - Regular $250.00 - On Sale for $99.99
Anyone have a pair of Allen-Edmonds Amok? If so, how do you like them?
I noticed them on sale in selected sizes for only $99.99 at www.6pm.com
got a pair of snuff amoks. nice enough for what I paid (also $100 thru j'ville awhile back)
would not think twice about grabbing the tan amoks for $99 if they had my size. great price.post #26254 of 707378/3/13 at 7:32pmQuote:
I was told that I need to buy 2 pair to get the $125 price.post #26255 of 707378/3/13 at 7:45pm2 for $250 deal. Hesitated and lost. Dalton grey calf and Westchester brown calf were available yesterday in my size (10D is what I wear in the PA and was told at AE would be right for all AE shoes) but gone when I went to order them today. Words of advice, don't delay if they have what you like available.post #26256 of 707378/3/13 at 8:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by SBear
2 for $250 deal. Hesitated and lost. Dalton grey calf and Westchester brown calf were available yesterday in my size (10D is what I wear in the PA and was told at AE would be right for all AE shoes) but gone when I went to order them today. Words of advice, don't delay if they have what you like available.
Hesitated and lost out on a pair of walnut Brooks Brothers Strands for $129 back when I was starting to get into AE and had just learned about the shoebank (not quite a year ago). It was my first list and I assumed that that kind of opportunity was routine. Lesson learned. Grabbed a pair of tan Elgins and walnut grain Park Aves this time around. Totally agree with you - if you see something you like on one of these sales, grab it quick!post #26257 of 707378/3/13 at 8:32pmpost #26258 of 707378/3/13 at 8:37pmpost #26259 of 707378/3/13 at 8:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by basiameda
I have the Banchory in tan and I believe they use the same leather. I've been pretty mean with these shoes (wearing them to bars and even taking them to the beach), while still taking care of them (reno, saddle soap), and they've begun to darken fairly well. The leather is extremely soft and comfortable!
Can you post an image?post #26260 of 707378/3/13 at 9:19pmQuote:
I've never heard of anyone looking forward to an item being re-released so that he can purchase it as seconds. You must not want it THAT much.post #26261 of 707378/3/13 at 9:26pmpost #26262 of 707378/3/13 at 9:32pmJust pulled trigger for 2 for $250 deal today. It was easy - I had the list of shoes in my size. Just replied with 2 models I was after and few hours later received invoice. Jville store has all my details - purchased 8 shoes form them so far this year !
So I have Sanford in Walnut and Park Ave in grey cloud coming. A bit of gamble with PA grey. If I don't like the colour I will use Navy cream polish and if not happy will use Navy dye. I hear Navy dye is really strong and penetrate leather easily .
Any thoughts how easy/hard the colour change process may be . Any advise ? I plan not to strip the grey - rather navy over grey.
On a another note. I have few pairs of RL shoes that were squashing my toes. This morning ripped off the heavy leather insoles from them And what a magic....... got that extra width out of them.post #26263 of 707378/3/13 at 9:36pmpost #26264 of 707378/3/13 at 9:39pmpost #26265 of 707378/3/13 at 9:42pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 25 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 26 seconds ago
- › LEMAIRE 1 minute ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 4 minutes ago
- › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook. 5 minutes ago
- › Rogue Territory Chambray Jumper & Work Shirts - Size Medium 6 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › 200k Push-Ups in 2016 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding