They look great! a much nicer shade of burgundy than I have seen recently. It does look like there is some creme buildup so it may behoove you to wipe with a damp cloth to see what you remove
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:22 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1744post #26146 of 707378/2/13 at 7:07ampost #26147 of 707378/2/13 at 7:14ampost #26148 of 707378/2/13 at 7:21ampost #26149 of 707378/2/13 at 7:25amQuote:
Why can't they ever slightly mess up a pair of 8.5D Bayfields? They never have them on the seconds list when I checkpost #26150 of 707378/2/13 at 7:26ampost #26151 of 707378/2/13 at 7:28ampost #26152 of 707378/2/13 at 7:31amQuote:
Thanks! And great point; I've wiped them down a number of times, but there does still seem to be some build up. And based on what Tifosi just shared (and how great those Cambridges look) I have much more to do.
These are my first cordovans, so thanks for the tippost #26153 of 707378/2/13 at 7:33ampost #26154 of 707378/2/13 at 8:02am
anyone out there try applying Walnut polish to their brown calf shoes?
After wearing walnut strands for the first time this week, I have decided that lighter colors pop much better. I am thinking about using walnut polish to lighten my brown shoes- thoughts?
post #26155 of 707378/2/13 at 8:12amQuote:
I highly reccomend the Bayfields if you can pull it off, I don't think you will regret it.
CXL Bayfields and Red Wings can live in the same stable and in harmony. Just saying.....post #26156 of 707378/2/13 at 8:24amQuote:Originally Posted by rydenfan
I think we were the first shell Bayfield orders but I may be wrong. I know when I placed mine they had to figure out with manufacturing if it could be done. i am still trying to temper my excitement; they have already failed final inspection once. If/when I get a tracking number than I will be very excited.
Oh, I also placed two more shell MTO orders today...
Interesting I had the same experience when I placed my order. I assured her that it had been done before and had found a picture of one in burgundy shell that was made a couple of years ago. But think we were dealing with different people at AE.
Great choices! I have both and am wearing the brown shell Leeds today. I considered having antique (dark) brass eyelets added after purchasing them because of a few pics on the Alden thread. But not sure yet if I will.post #26157 of 707378/2/13 at 8:24ampost #26158 of 707378/2/13 at 8:27am
What is the difference between buying from Nordstrom vs Allen Edmonds brick & mortar stores?? Reason I ask is because I am planning on buying the Walnut Strands and Allen Edmonds doesn’t have my size they have to order it. Nordstrom does have my size so I was just wondering if Im better off just waiting the 4 to 5 days it takes for Allen Edmonds to receive it? thankspost #26159 of 707378/2/13 at 8:31amQuote:
If you want a low priced belt, try Levis; they have some full-grain, made in Italy belts for under $50. I was able to pick up a light brown one for $17 the previous sale.
Or, you can try Coach. I have one in their fawn color and it matches the Strand's walnut well.post #26160 of 707378/2/13 at 8:31amQuote:
I wear whatever belt I am wearing. Two days ago I wore Walnut Lombards with a patch madras belt from Leatherman. Most of my belts are surgincle or Vineyard Vines belts that have things, like gamebirds, sailboats, sea creatures, sand other things on them.
A Vineyard Vines belt with your old school colors, crest, or mascot goes with everything.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › W.W. Chan Bespoke Herringbone Suit -- Approximately 38S 5 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 6 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 6 minutes ago
- › ETON OXFORD SHIRT 39/15.5 · CHARCOAL/WHITE · MINT 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 9 minutes ago
- › BNIB Gaziano Girling Wigmore Vintage Oak/Mole Suede Size 8E UK 10 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway