I went from a 11d to a E myself. I would suggest though trying to get a pro measurement and trying some E width on. While you're there try some other last as my size can change according to last.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 9/26/16 at 7:55am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 9/24/16 at 9:17pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1743post #26131 of 707378/2/13 at 5:33ampost #26132 of 707378/2/13 at 5:36amQuote:
Thanks. I actually just ordered the 11E to give them a try. The only bad thing is that I've worn the 11D twice already, so I'll have to try to sell those or give them to a family member...post #26133 of 707378/2/13 at 6:05ampost #26134 of 707378/2/13 at 6:08amQuote:
There is no way to know until you try. Generally the issue in going from a D to an E is that the heel gets wider as well. As an example, I cannot wear the 8 last because a D width is too narrow at the ball of my foot, but my heel swims in the E width.post #26135 of 707378/2/13 at 6:20ampost #26136 of 707378/2/13 at 6:23ampost #26137 of 707378/2/13 at 6:32am
Wow. I wasn't the only one who remembered these and tried to remake them. From what I understand, they never made them above a size 12D.
They were a limited release in the Rough Collection. Only whole sizes were made (at least the ones sold on the main site). They discounted them on the main site down to somewhere in the realm of $175, I recall. Then at one point, they decided to just clear them out through the outlets at $129 a pop for firsts.
Edited by fiestaplatypus - 8/2/13 at 6:50ampost #26138 of 707378/2/13 at 6:45amQuote:
I also ordered a Leeds in Cappuccino Shell...with a chilli/brown edge (as found on the chocolate suede Players), wheeling, and brass eyelets. I saw something similar on an Alden Cigar PTB special makeup that one of the European retailers did. I figured that if I hate the eyelets, I can always have them removed.post #26139 of 707378/2/13 at 6:52amQuote:
That may not be the case.
If you are close to a AE retail location they may take them back as an even exchange.post #26140 of 707378/2/13 at 6:52ampost #26141 of 707378/2/13 at 6:53ampost #26142 of 707378/2/13 at 6:54ampost #26143 of 707378/2/13 at 6:58amQuote:
It truly depends on the SA at the store. I have recently had some amazing customer service at two of my local stores, totally blew me away!
I think especially when it comes to sizing, AE understands that it takes expert fittings to get the correct fit and they want to make sure you are comfortably wearing their shoes.post #26144 of 707378/2/13 at 7:00ampost #26145 of 707378/2/13 at 7:05amQuote:Originally Posted by fiestaplatypus
I also ordered a Leeds in Cappuccino Shell...with a chilli/brown edge (as found on the chocolate suede Players), wheeling, and brass eyelets. I saw something similar on an Alden Cigar PTB special makeup that one of the European retailers did. I figured that if I hate the eyelets, I can always have them removed.
This is somewhat similar to my Leeds. However, I did dark brown cordovan with antique brass eyelets and a slightly different edge trim
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 15 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 30 minutes ago
- › Carmina Balmoral Boots / NEW 53 minutes ago
- › Orban's - Cheap, affordable European made Goodyear Welted shoes 56 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 59 minutes ago
- › The 27 Year Old Virgin 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...