I went from a 11d to a E myself. I would suggest though trying to get a pro measurement and trying some E width on. While you're there try some other last as my size can change according to last.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/6/16 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 2/10/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1743post #26131 of 707358/2/13 at 5:33am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26132 of 707358/2/13 at 5:36amQuote:
Thanks. I actually just ordered the 11E to give them a try. The only bad thing is that I've worn the 11D twice already, so I'll have to try to sell those or give them to a family member...post #26133 of 707358/2/13 at 6:05ampost #26134 of 707358/2/13 at 6:08amQuote:
There is no way to know until you try. Generally the issue in going from a D to an E is that the heel gets wider as well. As an example, I cannot wear the 8 last because a D width is too narrow at the ball of my foot, but my heel swims in the E width.post #26135 of 707358/2/13 at 6:20ampost #26136 of 707358/2/13 at 6:23ampost #26137 of 707358/2/13 at 6:32am
Wow. I wasn't the only one who remembered these and tried to remake them. From what I understand, they never made them above a size 12D.
They were a limited release in the Rough Collection. Only whole sizes were made (at least the ones sold on the main site). They discounted them on the main site down to somewhere in the realm of $175, I recall. Then at one point, they decided to just clear them out through the outlets at $129 a pop for firsts.
Edited by fiestaplatypus - 8/2/13 at 6:50ampost #26138 of 707358/2/13 at 6:45amQuote:
I also ordered a Leeds in Cappuccino Shell...with a chilli/brown edge (as found on the chocolate suede Players), wheeling, and brass eyelets. I saw something similar on an Alden Cigar PTB special makeup that one of the European retailers did. I figured that if I hate the eyelets, I can always have them removed.post #26139 of 707358/2/13 at 6:52amQuote:
That may not be the case.
If you are close to a AE retail location they may take them back as an even exchange.post #26140 of 707358/2/13 at 6:52ampost #26141 of 707358/2/13 at 6:53ampost #26142 of 707358/2/13 at 6:54ampost #26143 of 707358/2/13 at 6:58amQuote:
It truly depends on the SA at the store. I have recently had some amazing customer service at two of my local stores, totally blew me away!
I think especially when it comes to sizing, AE understands that it takes expert fittings to get the correct fit and they want to make sure you are comfortably wearing their shoes.post #26144 of 707358/2/13 at 7:00ampost #26145 of 707358/2/13 at 7:05amQuote:Originally Posted by fiestaplatypus
I also ordered a Leeds in Cappuccino Shell...with a chilli/brown edge (as found on the chocolate suede Players), wheeling, and brass eyelets. I saw something similar on an Alden Cigar PTB special makeup that one of the European retailers did. I figured that if I hate the eyelets, I can always have them removed.
This is somewhat similar to my Leeds. However, I did dark brown cordovan with antique brass eyelets and a slightly different edge trim
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 43 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Massdrop - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › End of Bills Khakis 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 5 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › Two great F/W wool ties: Drake's and Breuer 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?