Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 10/11/16 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 10/21/16 at 7:25pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1735post #26011 of 707378/1/13 at 9:07ampost #26012 of 707378/1/13 at 9:07amQuote:
Go to www.6pm.com for some great sales and sizes.post #26013 of 707378/1/13 at 9:08ampost #26014 of 707378/1/13 at 9:08ampost #26015 of 707378/1/13 at 9:09amQuote:Quote:
You guys did great in getting these Long Branches for $125.00 !post #26016 of 707378/1/13 at 9:12amQuote:
If you requested the list in your size - then the list is what is on sale for the few days offered.
Call in your order, leave a voice mail if busy for a return call - and follow up with an email.
Davidpost #26017 of 707378/1/13 at 9:17amQuote:
David, this is not correct. Only the closeouts are in for the sale and the inventory lists include more than just the closeouts.post #26018 of 707378/1/13 at 9:20amQuote:Quote:Quote:Quote:
Well that brought me back down to earth. Mostly just loafers in my size, not what I need. Some nice suede wingtips but I can't justify any more suede shoes at this moment. Damn. Was gonna lose my shit if I could get Kenilworths for 125.post #26019 of 707378/1/13 at 9:22ampost #26020 of 707378/1/13 at 9:24ampost #26021 of 707378/1/13 at 9:25am
Ordered the Daltons through Nordstrom, called to price match the boot to the Amazon sale. I was told that they can't do it because they are different colors, burnished walnut vs walnut. Fairly disappointed by that.
I was luckily able to get a pair of Long Branch at $125 though, which is a steal.post #26022 of 707378/1/13 at 9:28amQuote:Originally Posted by David Copeland
For those who deal with the Nordstrom Manager mentioned - by email and phone - there is rarely a problem with quality, because he has a Nordstrom Style drop-shipped from AE directly to you in most cases. Buying off the internet at Nordstrom's is more risky than buying from the manager.
If you need help, let me know.
I simply can't agree with this. All of the shoes that end up at Nordstrom have made it past AE's QA/QC department. They are all considered firsts.
When the store manager orders a shoe to be sent from a remote location (Nordstrom warehouse or directly from AE), he isn't looking at them personally. You can't say that the shoe that somehow gets shipped to someone when the manager hits the "order" button will be better than the one that gets shipped when the customer or some other sales associate hits the "order" button.
If the shoe is being pulled from the back room of a specific store, where the local manager may be able to compare more than one pair and offer you the most pristine one, then dealing with a manager may be of some benefit. Even then, you are dealing with a subjective opinion of which pair looks better.
If the entire transaction is done electronically, and the shoes are sent from a remote location, there is absolutely no way to say that people will get a pair of shoes that doesn't have a subjective flaw.post #26023 of 707378/1/13 at 9:42amQuote:
I could be wrong about what list on what day was emailed for the 2 for $250 deal. But I think it is worth a phone call or an email to place the order on the list in hand.
Here is why. The following was emailed to me this week for all the items on sale (2 for $250) in my size:
Although some of the above are already at $99, the others are on sale for $125 ea (or 2 for $250)
I suggest for folks to order what they want from whatever recent list - and get a confirmation on the $125. There is nothing to lose when asking.
Davidpost #26024 of 707378/1/13 at 9:46ampost #26025 of 707378/1/13 at 9:48am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 48 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 59 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › 10/24 PRICE DROPS! ALDEN SALE - WHISKEY PTB, CIGAR LWB, TAN SUEDE... 8 minutes ago
- › 10/24 PRICE DROP! EPAULET HEIRLOOM SHAWL CARDIGAN - ECRU NEP - SIZE... 10 minutes ago
- › 10/24 PRICE DROP! VIBERG SERVICE BOOT - RUST HORWEEN CHROMEXCEL... 12 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 13 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 19 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...