Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1716  

post #25726 of 70737
Wanted to check out some of the new AE shoes posted to the website. Those PTB's with football grain look awesome. Aaaannd the website's down... AGAIN. Is it just me or is their website constantly down....
post #25727 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHD28 View Post

My collection and current rotation for the work week. Planning on getting at least 1 more pair preferably in a Brown before I go into hibernation. What am I missing and what do yall recommend? And in what color? All suggestions appreciated! (P.S. Not looking to get any monkstraps, loafers, & boots)


AppleMark


Merlot & Walnut McAllisters, BB Black 5th Ave, Walnut Strand

I'd go for a dark brown in a 5th Ave or Strand.
post #25728 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHD28 View Post

My collection and current rotation for the work week. Planning on getting at least 1 more pair preferably in a Brown before I go into hibernation. What am I missing and what do yall recommend? And in what color? All suggestions appreciated! (P.S. Not looking to get any monkstraps, loafers, & boots)

 

AppleMark

 

Merlot & Walnut McAllisters, BB Black 5th Ave, Walnut Strand

 

You need a brown blucher and have the wingtips/brogues pretty well covered thus far.  I would suggest Delrays due to their versatility.

post #25729 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Copeland View Post

 

Yes, that is correct.  For the extra dollar - members can get the much better preferred SPLIT-TOE cedar shoe tree than the non-split tree from JAB.

 

Below is another copy from a later post:

 

 

While I personally prefer the split shoe trees, this is the minority view.  Most posters in this thread prefer the full toe versions.  Also, not a fan of the Nordstrom shoe trees.  They seem slightly smaller and the cedar smell disappeared much sooner than the AE and Woodlore trees I normally use. 

post #25730 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post

Sorry about your coffee cup - but the Patriots look very nice!  

 

interesting.. might have to reneg on my "no more shoes this year" pledge.  

Thank you bucksfan! At least it is easy enough to get a replacement coffee cup made from MilArt, but it does take about as long to have a pair of shell shoes made and delivered from AE :-)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

Personally, I prefer the full-toe (or whatever the proper term is) trees. My real preference is the twin-tube Epic trees. They fill the toe box much better IMO. But I couldn't pass up the deal jab so picked up 4 pairs of the full-toe trees for $8.50 a pair + shipping. Thanks to the poster who alerted us to that.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

I have split toe trees and full toe trees.

AE specifically recommends its full toe trees for its AE shoes.

As always you can take sevenfoldtieguy word to the bank. When Kristle at Jeffersonville ordered my MTO shell Leeds she arranged to have AE include a free pair of shoe trees. They came from the factory with the full toe trees inserted in the shoes. Although like BootSpell most of mine are the Epic twin tube which is my preference. When at the upper end of the shoe tree size like I am I feel they add more tension than the others. Paul, the CEO of AE has stated that shoe trees are important to help prevent bowing and I feel the Epic provides the best tension along the top line, at least for my size. And I like the increased vamp height in most cases.

post #25731 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAdam View Post

Gentlemen, I'm interested in a pair of walnut (tan) RL Sandersons. In my searching online I can't seem to find a retailer that sells them except for RL.com. Is this a discontinued style? I'd like to try them on before ordering. I think they are on the 222 last. Can anyone confirm? If I'm a 7.5E on the 5 last, what size generally do people think I'd be in the 2? From reading this forum I understand that the 2 can be difficult so that's why I'd like to try on some before ordering. RL's site only seems to list D widths.


Are they worth the extra money? The AE Winter Park in the orthotic line look similar but more casual. What are the main differences? The Players also seem similar albeit a slightly different design.


I'm interested in a walnut/tan wingtip with open lacing. I think I'm using the correct term. I have a pair of McAllister with closed lacing. Again, not sure if i'm using the right term. The other option is the Larchmont but I don't like the squared toe. The MacNeil only seems to come in grain and I'm looking for something more formal to wear with suits.


Thanks in advance.

In my email communication with the Jeffersonville outlet they said the RL Sanderson is a close out. I guess they aren't making this style anymore? If I can get my hands on a pair can someone suggest sizing. I'm a 7.5E on the 5 last. If not the Sanderson, recommendations for a walnut wingtip with open lacing?
post #25732 of 70737

What color Park avenue is closest to this?

 

http://www.ralphlauren.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=2885938

post #25733 of 70737

What color Park avenue is closest to this?

 

post #25734 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexcellence View Post

What color Park avenue is closest to this?

 

 

Dark brown burnished.

post #25735 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAdam View Post

In my email communication with the Jeffersonville outlet they said the RL Sanderson is a close out. I guess they aren't making this style anymore? If I can get my hands on a pair can someone suggest sizing. I'm a 7.5E on the 5 last. If not the Sanderson, recommendations for a walnut wingtip with open lacing?

I went the same size on the Sandersons as my other 5 last shoes, although I do find the Sandersons to be just a bit tighter. At least for me though, I don't think a larger or wider size would have been better. As alternatives you could get the Larchmont. If they are still doing the Style Forum MTO's you could get a walnut Williams or MacNeil. Finally, at the risk of getting flamed for pushing Nordtroms, the walnut Player is an option if you can find your size. Looks like limited sizes left at Nordstroms but maybe you can find a second at the outlets.
post #25736 of 70737

I saw the Strand in Bourbon that looked very close to this.  I think AE dark brown is quite a bit darker....

post #25737 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

 

While I personally prefer the split shoe trees, this is the minority view.  Most posters in this thread prefer the full toe versions.  Also, not a fan of the Nordstrom shoe trees.  They seem slightly smaller and the cedar smell disappeared much sooner than the AE and Woodlore trees I normally use. 

I recently bought two pair of Woodlore split toe cedar shoes trees at Nordstrom Rack for $12.90 per pair.  The shoe trees were "seconds", but I couldn't see anything wrong with them.

post #25738 of 70737
Too many people looking at shoes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post

Wanted to check out some of the new AE shoes posted to the website. Those PTB's with football grain look awesome. Aaaannd the website's down... AGAIN. Is it just me or is their website constantly down....
post #25739 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedAnM3 View Post

I saw the Strand in Bourbon that looked very close to this.  I think AE dark brown is quite a bit darker....

the shoe he posted was pretty dark, definitely closer to burnished brown
post #25740 of 70737
So I did indeed pass on the burgundy shell Cambridge, instead I chose to complement my newly acquired merlot McAllisters with merlot Park Avenues.

Thanks to David Copeland I was able to acquire them as well as Well as a Manistee belt in merlot at the Nordstrom anniversary sale price saving me over $150!

Thanks David and Brett at Nordstrom!
Edited by Buddy0329 - 7/28/13 at 12:14pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...