Take a read through this thread. They are plenty of both
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 3/24/17 at 12:33pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1685post #25262 of 707377/21/13 at 6:26pmpost #25263 of 707377/21/13 at 6:48pmQuote:
It was mainly the Saphir wax. I started with a light coat of AE cleaner conditioner followed by a light coat of AE polish. After that, I started with the Saphir wax. A couple of coats on the entire shoe, and many light coats on the caps (probably a couple of dozen light coats). I used a flannel cloth to apply a thin layer of wax to the caps with a couple of drops of water mixed in. Then I used a buffing cloth to remove the wax. I finished with a once over with some nylon pantyhose. Also, a couple of times I would apply the wax to the caps and let the wax sit overnight. I believe that the longer the wax is on the shoe, the deeper the shine will be. The pics I took were taken after leaving some wax on the caps overnight for probably the third of fourth time. Hope this helps.post #25264 of 707377/21/13 at 6:53pmQuote:
Here y'go. Every mention in this thread of the phrase "shell Dalton," all 320 of them, from the very first on 12/21/11 by (of course) Cold Iron.post #25265 of 707377/21/13 at 7:00pmpost #25266 of 707377/21/13 at 7:05pmpost #25267 of 707377/21/13 at 7:17pmpost #25268 of 707377/21/13 at 8:03pm
I have a pair of Burgundy Shell Daltons and absolutely love them. They do a terrific job of showcasing the Shell because it has such large surfaces. Recommend, but I think they are one of AE's most expensive shoes. But you do get a lot of shell on them.
-Mikepost #25269 of 707377/21/13 at 8:33pmpost #25270 of 707377/21/13 at 11:06pm
I noticed this when I removed my orthotics from my Scottsdales this evening:
There was no noticeable damage to them this morning when I removed my shoe trees and then placed my orthotics in to the shoes. Is this something I should be concerned about? I have owned these shoes for a little over six weeks and have maybe worn them 15 times, all with my orthotics. It's distressing to see damage to my shoes from what I consider to be very normal wear.
Edit: Looking further inside the shoe with a flash light I can see that this is also starting to happen on either side of the ball of my foot. There is no problem what so ever with my Ashtons, So I assume this entirely has to do with the soft rubber/foam sole of the 1511G shoes vs the harder sole of the 8-678 shoes.post #25271 of 707377/21/13 at 11:11pmpost #25272 of 707377/22/13 at 4:09ampost #25273 of 707377/22/13 at 6:09amQuote:Originally Posted by Buddy0329
I went this morning and had no problem getting an exchange done. However, this may not be over yet. First of all, I friend it difficult to say that Nordstrom provides a professional fit considering that they only offer D widths. I was dissuaded by the store rep from ordering a wider size. In fact apart from going in the back to get the boxes of shoes, the rep had no interest in helping me try on the shoes, and even declined to size me on the brannock after I requested it because of my frustration with the non-ideal fit. It was 10am, and my impression was that he wanted to finish prepping the store for paying (commission generating) customers.
As said before, only work with the department manager - not a sales associate.
Managers can provide any size, any style, any color, plus a professional fit. Anyone else is a risk.
If you wish to contact the manager I work with, send me a private message.
Davidpost #25274 of 707377/22/13 at 6:22amQuote:
There are supposedly several new suede shoes coming out in the Fall. IIRC, I think a sude Strand was one of the anticipated shoes (not sure on this). I would wait to see what comes out.post #25275 of 707377/22/13 at 6:38am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 35 seconds ago
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 2 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 4 minutes ago
- › Italian Business Casual / Casual Wear 6 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › Peal & Company Brooks Brothers Shoes 8 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...