Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/31/17 at 1:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:14 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1682post #25216 of 707377/19/13 at 5:07pmpost #25217 of 707377/19/13 at 5:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by EnnuisQuote:Originally Posted by wurger
Very strange, sorry to ask, did you print out the sizing guide correctly and measured your fee, because UK sizes are normally half a size down compare to US. I have AE PA in US7E, and my Loake Capital F and 026G lasts in UK 6.5s.
and what Loakes do you have, since you wear 8.5 and 9 in them?
yep. printed everything correctly.
i wear the loake badminton in 9UK G and the herring knightsbridge in 8.5UK G pretty well for example, although the badminton has a little more room at the toes
the AE E fitting to me is like the F UK fitting, so you may need a US9E or EEE, but that is like a whole size difference to the size chart, which I believe is one of the best size charts out there....
So you need send an email to AE with your feet measurements to make sure, and let us know how you wentpost #25218 of 707377/19/13 at 5:40pmpost #25219 of 707377/19/13 at 7:10pmpost #25220 of 707377/19/13 at 8:13pmpost #25221 of 707377/19/13 at 8:16pmpost #25222 of 707377/19/13 at 9:37pmpost #25223 of 707377/19/13 at 10:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by MrWNQuote:
Usually the AE shoes sold on ebay have been marked... So, you should be weary about doing something like that.
He should be wary about doing that because it's criminal and it would be defrauding and ripping off Nordstrom.post #25224 of 707377/19/13 at 10:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by wurger
Any wax polish will provide protection as it sits on top of the leather as a layer. If the polish is dark compare to the non burnished parts, yes, it will. So it's generally easier to use light polish, and a darker polish at the toes if you want to build up patina.
As in you can do the burnishing effects yourself.
Thank you! I appreciate the advice.post #25225 of 707377/19/13 at 11:23pmpost #25226 of 707377/20/13 at 12:30amQuote:Originally Posted by Winston S.
New to me Burgundy Shell MacNeils
As received Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
After some Renovateur, edge dressing, and brushing Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
RL Marlow Wingtips next to MacNeil Longwings Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Some of the Shell Family. Left to Right: RL Marlow Brown Shortwings, AE Burgundy MacNeil Longwings, AE Burgundy Kenwood Beefroll Pennies, AE Burgundy Leeds, AE Burgundy Cambridges Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Do you know that Macneil is cordovan based off the number code? I have a pair of similar hue that has a nice patina and is developing rolls as opposed to creasing but like this pair, mine does not have dove tail heels...post #25227 of 707377/20/13 at 6:56ampost #25228 of 707377/20/13 at 7:35amQuote:Quote:
I have no affiliation with Nordstroms or Hangerproject or eBay or Amazon or NeedSupply or Sid Mashburn or . . . anything I have referred members to.
As a consumer, I look for deals to purchase for myself. And if I am greatly satisfied with the end result of what I purchase, then I pass my experience along.
For now, the Norstrom Sale will continue to August and appears to be the best deal around. And if anyone wishes to visit one of their department stores, I strongly recommend you only deal with the MANAGER of that department - because of some reports of other sales associates not providing a professional sizing and fit. Managers seem to have at least 10 to 20 years experience. It was one of these managers that I have worked with in recent months - and that I can refer members to contact directly - - - primarily because he is one to be trusted and will offer sale prices on sizes and colors that the internet site are not showing.
Thanks for asking,
Davidpost #25229 of 707377/20/13 at 7:39amQuote:
That is my interpretation . . . and completely legal and morally ethical.
If the eBay versions are returnable, even if he has to pay shipping, the Nordstrom version at a discount would give him a professional sizing and fit. Insist on seeing a MANAGER for the best servicepost #25230 of 707377/20/13 at 7:44amQuote:Originally Posted by JDHarman
Hello. I've lurked this forum for a while, and this is my first post, as I need some advice, and I'm a bit of a shoe-care-noob.
I just ordered a pair of Walnut Calf Daltons during the Nordstrom Sale, and I was hoping to get some advice on caring for them as soon as I pull them out of the box. I know there's the huge thread on shoe care, but I was hoping to get some advice directly from someone who already owns the Daltons, or something similar.
What I'm most concerned with is giving them a bit of protection before I even put them on my feet. I've read that it's a good idea to stay away from silicone waterproofing sprays, and that stuff like Obenauf's LP will darken the leather considerably. Will something like the AE Premium Polish (in Walnut, of Course) be sufficient to provide a bit of protection? Also, will that type of polish, when applied to a burnished finish like the Daltons', eventually build up and cover up the darker areas of the burnishing, changing the initial appearance of the boot? I'd like to maintain the burnished finish as much as possible.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
My local Nordstrom store gave me a card for a free professional shoe shine on my new LONG BRANCH boots. The pro spent about 20 minutes applying a CREAM, light brushing, WAX, light brushing, and a BALM, followed by light brushing - all with COLOR MATCHING.
The out-of-the-box shine is a masked look. The result of the shine gave them a bit of a soft glow (see above pic)
All my best,
(Enjoying Montana Summer at 78 degrees)
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › The Look goes on... 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 10 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 16 minutes ago
- › All Styles Considered: An Arts Magazine from StyleForum Users 28 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 33 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 37 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 42 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 44 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...