Here is the nordstrom anniversary sale catalog
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 12:33 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1645post #24661 of 707377/9/13 at 3:46pmpost #24662 of 707377/9/13 at 3:47pmpost #24663 of 707377/9/13 at 3:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by theh00d
Here is the nordstrom anniversary sale catalog
Amazing. Thank you!
Page 78 - Blue & Brown Neumok - $169.90
Page 82 - Walnut Dalton - $259.90
That's it for Allen Edmonds in that catalog.post #24664 of 707377/9/13 at 3:50pmYou never forget . . .Quote:Originally Posted by random-adam
I spent nine days in 2011 tromping around London, Liverpool, Glasgow, and the Highlands in a pair of boots very similar to the Bayfield. You'll have the perfect footwear for your trip. Have fun!
Man, that's harsh -- sorry to hear it. I bet fifteen years from now when they're far and away the most beautiful shoes you own you'll completely forget about the wait and frustration of getting them...post #24665 of 707377/9/13 at 3:58pmpost #24666 of 707377/9/13 at 4:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by DJTraveler
Some very interesting / odd / fashion forward / whatever you like to call them "prototype" AEs are popping up on eBay.
Here's a link to one of the listings: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-ALLEN-EDMONDS-Prototype-Green-Leather-Oxford-Wingtips-Shoes-9-D-375-/151079199474?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item232d05a2f2
Those look horrid.post #24667 of 707377/9/13 at 4:22pmQuote:
Thanks! One week in London, then a week in Edinburgh... Between the Bayfields and my Long Branches, I feel like I'm prepared.post #24668 of 707377/9/13 at 5:18pmpost #24669 of 707377/9/13 at 5:45pmpost #24670 of 707377/9/13 at 10:31pmI was in Nordstrom today at the fashion show mall and they had some shoes behind a curtain that were for a sale exclusively for card holders. I noticed the Strands price, they will be 225, I live in Mexico and I'm only going to be here till Sunday, I will talk to the sales associate tomorrow to see if I can buy them somehow, that's a really good price.post #24671 of 707377/9/13 at 10:45pmpost #24672 of 707377/9/13 at 11:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by kentyman
I received my Merlot McAllister firsts, and while they're otherwise great, I'm a little bothered with the toe caps. In particular, there's a very obvious ridge between the toe cap structure and the rest of the uppers.
As much as I want to keep them (and wear them to a wedding today), I'm think I'm going to return them for replacements. I feel that I'm being a tad picky, but I'm also quite sure if I didn't return them I'd likely always look at them and wish I did. If they were seconds, it would be another story. Any comments on how common this minor problem is?Quote:Originally Posted by kentyman
I got my replacement McAllister firsts, and unfortunately they have the same prominent ridge on the caps. In addition, the pinking is very inconsistent, where on the right shoe there's too much leather and they flair way up. The left shoe, on the other hand foot, is almost cut off:
I'm sure I want to replace them because of the pinking, but I'm worried the third attempt is going to have the same ridge problem. I don't see such a problem in this picture or this picture, so I'm holding out hope I can get a better looking pair. Any thoughts what could be causing this?
As for the inconsistent stitching causing pinking problems, this seems to a newer problem, as I don't remember reading about it on this thread much in the past. Just the other day, rollinsay had a similar problem, and I even chimed in with problems on my Bourbon Strand firsts. I hope if there is a consistent problem with stitching of the uppers, whether it be in the Dominican Republic or the USA, that AE notices and gets it under control.
Here we go again. I got my third round of Merlot McAllister firsts, and am still seeing problems. As before, they have the same obvious ridges, and the pinking/stitching is a little wonky again:
Additionally, the back left panel on the right shoe looks quite different, as if it's a darker, rougher leather that isn't able to sit correctly:
And finally, and I think worst of all, the inside leather of the left shoe is wavy in such a way that they bow out off of my foot:
I'm pretty discouraged. Should I just give up trying to get a pair of firsts that I'm comfortable width? Which of these problems would y'all find unreasonable? Is this toe cap ridge here to stay?
Any words of wisdom would be welcome.post #24673 of 707377/10/13 at 12:53ampost #24674 of 707377/10/13 at 1:49ampost #24675 of 707377/10/13 at 1:53am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 seconds ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 21 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 4 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Grant Stone - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 11 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 14 minutes ago
- › Bow Ties 17 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...