or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1626  

post #24376 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post


Yup same happened to me. Hopefully all those that ordered pairs will get the sale price honored.

 

There is no way that is going to happen. While I ordered 3 pairs and hope it does I can't see it going through.

post #24377 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subutai View Post


Additionally....just heard that my AE MTO should be ready in a few days. I am one of the few that went with a non-shell cordovan order as well. Hope to be able to post some pics of those as well!

Subutai - what MTO did you order and when? I ordered a pair of brown calf Leeds about 5 weeks ago... Just wondering if I might be getting a call in the near future.
post #24378 of 70737

I checked with the local store.  The associate said if it was good, he was going to order one in each color for himelf.  He called me back and confirmed it was a web site screw up and JAB wasn't going to honor any, even if the site did initially "accept" an order.

 

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I doubt this shocks anyone.

post #24379 of 70737

I sure hope they honor it.  My order still says open as well.  I wonder if was a legitimate sale, and if they just freaked out and closed it because of the barrage of orders that suddenly started happening.  The sale price is still listed, even though it won't go into your cart at the sale price anymore.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

post #24380 of 70737
A few people in a thread over on Reddit said they called JAB and were told the orders were being cancelled. Other people are saying they are honoring orders already placed.

http://www.reddit.com/r/frugalmalefashion/comments/1hked0/jos_a_bank_nathan_shoe_by_allen_edmonds_on_sale/
post #24381 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by random-adam View Post


The Byron is on the 4 last. I like mine very much, but can't help with sizing advice.

 

If it helps the OP I am 7.5E (could really go EE) on the 5 last (Strand / McAllister) and wear 8E on the 1 last (Shelton). Rule of thumb I've learned from this thread is on the 5 last to go down 1/2 size and up one width from your TTS.

post #24382 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicedream View Post


Subutai - what MTO did you order and when? I ordered a pair of brown calf Leeds about 5 weeks ago... Just wondering if I might be getting a call in the near future.

 

Nicedream - I ordered a pair burgundy calf Franciscans right around 6 weeks ago. It's apparently going through final stages of QC . . . so a few more days I was told

 

Hope that helps (and hope you get a call soon)

post #24383 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post

I sure hope they honor it.  My order still says open as well.  I wonder if was a legitimate sale, and if they just freaked out and closed it because of the barrage of orders that suddenly started happening.  The sale price is still listed, even though it won't go into your cart at the sale price anymore.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.


Well I think they actually have to honor it, pursuant to the Uniform Commercial Code.


UCC 2-204: A contract for sale of goods may be made in any manner sufficient to show agreement, including conduct by both parties which recognizes the existence of such a contract.

Additionally, an offer is officially made by a merchant where the terms are unambiguous and sufficient to manifest an intention to sell to the potential buyer. If they cancel your order, fight it. You should rack up on these.
post #24384 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JermynStreet View Post


Well I think they actually have to honor it, pursuant to the Uniform Commercial Code.


UCC 2-204: A contract for sale of goods may be made in any manner sufficient to show agreement, including conduct by both parties which recognizes the existence of such a contract.

Additionally, an offer is officially made by a merchant where the terms are unambiguous and sufficient to manifest an intention to sell to the potential buyer. If they cancel your order, fight it. You should rack up on these.

 

I'd be shocked if JAB doesn't have all the necessary disclaimers that allow it the discretion to cancel the order at any time.  This is especially true with regard to its sale of AE's, which are shipped by AE (not JAB).  Mistakes with internet pricing happen, but not having the proper disclaimers for website sales would be unimaginable stupidity. 

post #24385 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JermynStreet View Post


Well I think they actually have to honor it, pursuant to the Uniform Commercial Code.


UCC 2-204: A contract for sale of goods may be made in any manner sufficient to show agreement, including conduct by both parties which recognizes the existence of such a contract.

Additionally, an offer is officially made by a merchant where the terms are unambiguous and sufficient to manifest an intention to sell to the potential buyer. If they cancel your order, fight it. You should rack up on these.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

 

I'd be shocked if JAB doesn't have all the necessary disclaimers that allow it the discretion to cancel the order at any time.  This is especially true with regard to its sale of AE's, which are shipped by AE (not JAB).  Mistakes with internet pricing happen, but not having the proper disclaimers for website sales would be unimaginable stupidity. 

 

While I'm remaining optimistic until my order is actually cancelled, I fear New Shoes is right.  Otherwise, why would J Crew and other companies be able to weasel out of their past screw-ups with Alden shoes. 

post #24386 of 70737
My order status showed "Error" about 10 minutes ago. It now shows "Open". People need to stop calling and screwing up things.
post #24387 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewguy View Post

My order status showed "Error" about 10 minutes ago. It now shows "Open". People need to stop calling and screwing up things.

 

Haha I dont think people calling to check on orders has enough power to sway a multi million dollar company to honor a sale or not... but I understand your thinking.

 

I just called and was told all orders will be cancelled. I asked if there was going to be a remedy for the screw up, they said no but gave me corporate's phone number- 410-239-2700.

 

Lets see how many calls we can give them! nest.gif

post #24388 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

 

Haha I dont think people calling to check on orders has enough power to sway a multi million dollar company to honor a sale or not... but I understand your thinking.

 

I just called and was told all orders will be cancelled. I asked if there was going to be a remedy for the screw up, they said no but gave me corporate's phone number- 410-239-2700.

 

Lets see how many calls we can give them! nest.gif

 

Call and tell them they will be in violation of Uniform Commercial Code UCC 2-204 if they cancel our orders! 

post #24389 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post


While I'm remaining optimistic until my order is actually cancelled, I fear New Shoes is right.  Otherwise, why would J Crew and other companies be able to weasel out of their past screw-ups with Alden shoes. 

They do it because people allow them to. Most people will not pursue the matter that far because it would take too much time/ be too costly. This is a firm offer to sell. There has to be another lawyer on here that will back me up.
post #24390 of 70737

I'm surprised they haven't taken down the sale price yet on the website.  How long could that possibly take?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...