Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 8:20 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 2:28 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1563post #23431 of 707376/17/13 at 7:20pmpost #23432 of 707376/17/13 at 7:25pmpost #23433 of 707376/17/13 at 7:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by DerangedGoose
Yep! Thats why you don't end your auctions in the middle of a workday -- no one is around to bid!
Can anyone define what AE calls "brogue suede"? I love my amoks and am keen on a second pair, but the color is just listed as brogue suede and I don't know what that means
I posted a picture way back in the thread in this postpost #23434 of 707376/17/13 at 7:48pm
I only have three pair of AE shoes so I haven't reached the hoarder feel yet. I like to keep the boxes because I don't have a convenient way to store them otherwise. It also helps me feel slightly less paranoid about my kids pouring milk in them.post #23435 of 707376/17/13 at 7:49pmpost #23436 of 707376/17/13 at 7:53pmpost #23437 of 707376/17/13 at 7:56pmpost #23438 of 707376/17/13 at 7:57pmpost #23439 of 707376/17/13 at 8:03pmpost #23440 of 707376/17/13 at 8:33pmpost #23441 of 707376/17/13 at 8:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by Calikid
Here are my new Walnut Shell Dundee's.... Color is actually more even between the 2 shoes than the photos suggest.... i really like the appearance of the burnishing on the toes....
Thanks to Paul for the MTO program and a special thank you to Allison at AE for fantastic during the process.
Wow - real beauties - congrats!post #23442 of 707376/17/13 at 8:39pmpost #23443 of 707376/17/13 at 8:59pmpost #23444 of 707376/17/13 at 9:36pmQuote:
Speaking of the Dalton .....
I am not a fan of the Dalton, shell or calf. IMO, the wings extend too far toward the toe making it appear out of proportion. The smooth leather portion between the last set of eyelets and the end of the wings occupies entirely too much space. I have even purchased a pair thinking I could get used to them. Nope. Had to send them back. I have been quite surprised by how popular they have become.
Same proportion problem with the Player's Shoe, which I have actually owned. i had to sell them as I could just never learn to like them. Just not pleasing to my eye.
Perhaps I am in the minority. Obviously many like both models ....post #23445 of 707376/17/13 at 9:46pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 37 seconds ago
- › 2016-17 College Football Season Threak 16 minutes ago
- › Junya Watanabe Comme des Garcons MAN parka 21 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 25 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 29 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 38 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 42 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 48 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 50 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...