Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 3/24/17 at 12:33pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1549post #23221 of 707376/13/13 at 9:08pmpost #23222 of 707376/13/13 at 9:15pmpost #23223 of 707376/13/13 at 9:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by David Copeland
The advance sale I posted is not the half-year sale.
The difference is not the dates, but which specific Allen Edmonds shoes, boots, and loafers are going on sale with item numbers and the amount of discount. That is what is not being disclosed right now on a site where Google picks up this type of text.
Or, folks can choose to wait and see what is later announced and not worry about getting in on the deal now.
bespoken asked if you could disclose the date of the sale, i directed him on where he could find the dates of the two sales that Nordstrom will be having over the next month. Nowhere did I say anything about the boots or shoes that would be on sale and I appreciate that you have given us this unreleased information.post #23224 of 707376/13/13 at 9:30pmQuote:
1) Are you looking at getting the Dalton in Calfskin, or the Dalton in Cordovan Shell?
2) The Dalton is the same 1-511 Last as the Long Branch (which I just purchased and went up a 1/2 inch in a eee. I have not tried the Strand in a 5 last, but it would be less narrow.post #23225 of 707376/13/13 at 9:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by rc121
bespoken asked if you could disclose the date of the sale, i directed him on where he could find the dates of the two sales that Nordstrom will be having over the next month. Nowhere did I say anything about the boots or shoes that would be on sale and I appreciate that you have given us this unreleased information.
Thank you for your compliment.
It is rare to come across the unreleased specifics of a sale of this type (styles, colors, substantial discounts, etc), and I know John Donovan who offered many of the members here the direct contact info for Brett. I spoke to Brett at Nordstroms today. He is an honorable man who has been at Nordstroms for 19 years. I would never do anything to discredit him.
I also have spoken to Paul Grangaard at Allen Edmonds corporate - and he has a remarkable biography - if you get a chance to catch him between planes!
Nevertheless, I am just a guy who likes to take what little time I have and invest it in good shoes and other lifestyles. When I find a service or a product or a company that I can endorse . . . I do so. (Sometimes
I may come across as a salesman, but I am not).
Living and enjoying Western Montana,
Davidpost #23226 of 707376/13/13 at 9:48pm
The suede Neumoks are unlined and have quite a bit more give to them. That being said, if you like the fit of your McAllisters, go for the same size in the Neumok.post #23227 of 707376/13/13 at 10:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by David Copeland
1) Are you looking at getting the Dalton in Calfskin, or the Dalton in Cordovan Shell?
2) The Dalton is the same 1-511 Last as the Long Branch (which I just purchased and went up a 1/2 inch in a eee. I have not tried the Strand in a 5 last, but it would be less narrow.
I am looking Calfskin. Shell is way out of my league :)
The problem is, I haven't tried any 1 last yet. All I have is Park Ave and McAllisters.
Thanks.post #23228 of 707376/13/13 at 10:10pm
I'm having trouble deciding whether or not I should keep my pair of walnut Lombards. They've been in the closet since November. I keep telling myself that I'll wear it for a "special occasion." I look at the shoe and I just can't let it go...
AE Greenwich wholecut in tan. Finally picked up a pair on eBay in my sizepost #23229 of 707376/13/13 at 10:22pmpost #23230 of 707376/13/13 at 10:23pmQuote:
The 1 Last fits at least one width bigger than the 5, and possibly half a size shorter. I took an 11 1/2 D in Long Branch (1 Last) and an 11 E in McAllister (5 Last).post #23231 of 707376/13/13 at 10:39pmpost #23232 of 707376/13/13 at 10:40pm
Another mystery "sample" shoe from AE? Shaker Heights. Brown leather with a tweed shaft. Personally, I like it.post #23233 of 707376/13/13 at 11:12pmpost #23234 of 707376/14/13 at 5:02amQuote:
For the Dalton in calfskin, with good car they will last a very, very long time.
Also seepost #23235 of 707376/14/13 at 5:31amQuote:Originally Posted by BigRob
Hey, checking in again. I decided to tough it out with the Park Avenues. They're not that bad, I guess. (I actually found the business card of the sales associate who fitted me for them - his name is William and he's the [an?] assistant manager, if anyone knows him.)
I'm going to go to the larger store in Manhattan after work tomorrow to shop for a second pair; as-is, I'm alternating between my super-hard soled PA's and my super-soft soled Johnston and Murphy / Clarks shoes and it's kind of screwy.
I'm leaning toward brown Fifth Avenues, but I'm going to take some time and see if I can't get the independent fitting opinion of several associates before I decide. If I can't find a pair that are at least as comfortable as my old shoes, I won't buy anything.
i have the black park ave and the dark brown fifth ave, i love my fifth ave. both are in my weekly rotation.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 57 seconds ago
- › NWT Lardini Cream Cotton/Linen Blazer 40R Slim 1 minute ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 2 minutes ago
- › NWT Rota Beige Chinos 52EU/34 US 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones Hartland Snuff Suede Unlined Chukka Boot - 8.5 US,... 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...