That burgundy looks nothing like the sample I have here from AE
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 10/11/16 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1530post #22936 of 707376/9/13 at 6:31pmpost #22937 of 707376/9/13 at 6:55pmQuote:
I was going to ask about the colour on the leeds, I'm tempted to get my first shell shoes in that model but that looks much more reddish than I'd hoped for (but still absolutely awesome).post #22938 of 707376/9/13 at 6:59pmQuote:Quote:
AE has a new shade of burgundy that's more like Alden's color 8. Mine are the old shade.post #22939 of 707376/9/13 at 8:26pmpost #22940 of 707376/10/13 at 2:04ampost #22941 of 707376/10/13 at 4:45ampost #22942 of 707376/10/13 at 4:57amQuote:
They're Allen Edmonds, and I've never seen any markings on the shoes to indicate they would be handled differently at AE.post #22943 of 707376/10/13 at 5:03amQuote:Originally Posted by shartmann
It's not really boot season, but was able to pick up a pair of Wolverine 744's from eBay. I really liked this boot and kept trying without any luck to get a pair from the outlets. If anyone in size 11.5, 12, or 13 is interested there are some available on eBay. These were new first quality, with bags, shoe trees, and a certificate. The color is beautiful in my opinion, and similar to what Cold Iron mentioned recently they don't really match any of my walnut, cappuccino, or brown shell samples from AE. They do look very similar to the brown shell Townleys however. So I'm not exactly sure what the official color of these is called, but I know I really like it.
Now to try and make them look half as good as Cold Iron's pair.
What a great score, congrats!! Those look awesome it should only take a time or two with the Mac method to make them shine, although they are not bad out of the box. It is ALWAYS boot season IMO :-) I just came back home after wearing mine for 4 days straight in NW Wi. We had 33 people from an upland hunting site get together and ran dogs and shot 2 flats of shells in 3 days in sporting clays. 3 of us are retired Navy and when the Cdr. saw me he asked what time I got up in the morning to shine my boots. After a couple of days walking through wet grass, mud and getting rained on they are now pretty dull.
But they always come back to life with just a little brushing. One guy from Michigan asked me about them and when I said they were Wolverine's he said no way, he sees Wolverine's every day at work. Like the Red Wing Beckman's they are not truly work boots with steel toes like most lines in those brands but more of a semi-dress boot. And I absolutely love mine, hope you do yours too.
As to the color AE and Wolverine call it mahogany. Pretty sure it is Horween Dark Cognac, mine are close to my Townley's in color but not quite, the Townley's are closer matching to my other AE brown shell. But they are very close to my C&J for RL Marlow's which when they first came out with them were listed as Dark Cognac. I also really like the color and am always looking for more shell in dark cognac. Like most of my other shell that is brown but not AE dark brown I only use Reno on them and no wax or cream on them, just Mac method. Enjoy your new boots and wear in good health!post #22944 of 707376/10/13 at 6:14amQuote:Originally Posted by patrick_b
A little shell shoe care this evening. The cigar PTB's have yet to see any product, just the brush. The burgundy AE's were in need of some Renovateur. It was fully dark by the time I finished so I had to break out the flash. I shot the flash straight up (with nothing to bounce off) and I was surprised at how well the image came out given the late hour.
Macneil and Leeds are about a year old and the cigar PTB just a couple of weeks old.
Beautiful shoes!post #22945 of 707376/10/13 at 6:26amQuote:Quote:
They will recraft any of their shoes that are considered "recraftable" (anything Goodyear-welted, the Italian shoes, and a few select others) without regard for where you bought them. Essentially, they don't recraft cemented shoes or shoes made in the Dominican Republic as part of their AE for Allen Edmonds line.
They have no way of knowing where you bought your shoes for the most part. They don't require a reciept or proof of purchase for the shoes when you send them in for recrafting. The only ID you need is for the insole to say Allen Edmonds on it. The person who checks them in won't have a clue if you bought them at an outlet, from Ebay, from a friend, a yard sale, a thrift store, from Nordstrom Rack, new/used, or anything else. They have no way of even knowing if you are the first owner of the shoes, and they don't care. They will know if they are seconds due to the branding on the sole, but that has little implication for where or what condition you bought them in.post #22946 of 707376/10/13 at 6:59am
Still working on getting my Leeds to shine. Here is the progress:
Brand new out of box:
After stripping 1x with saphir renomat and 2x with renovateur and brushing over 1 hour:
2 light coats of saphir cordovan creme and 2 light coats of paste wax and a ton of brushing and then buffing:
No pop yet. I wonder what I'm doing wrong- any thoughts?post #22947 of 707376/10/13 at 8:56ampost #22948 of 707376/10/13 at 9:17ampost #22949 of 707376/10/13 at 10:50amQuote:
Tighter than slippers, but not as tight as ski boots. It's not rocket science; lace them so that they are comfortable to walk in. My ankles are far from locked in my chukka boots.post #22950 of 707376/10/13 at 11:20amApparently I've become that guy to my friends and family. This from my kid brother today:Quote:I'm so proud.I find myself needing to upgrade again to a higher quality level... my current department store shoes (hey, its a step up from sketchers!) are wearing out and I want something likely to last a bit longer... any thoughts on work-appropriate and durable shoes?
Now to craft an epistle regarding cedar shoe trees, Venetian Shoe Cream, and the benefits of a goodyear welt....
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The Uniqlo Thread 21 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 minute ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 14 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 20 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 35 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 42 minutes ago
- › Loake Aldwych Dark Brown Burnished Calf - UK8.5F 48 minutes ago
- › Tricker's Stow boot Accorn colour Commando soles UK7.5 52 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...