or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1508  

post #22606 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post

True, very true. But eventually even your wallets can turn to shell if your not careful...

 

I still like and appreciate other materials, calf, cowhide, suede, CXL, etc. which I still own and purchase. It does not have to be an exclusive agreement. But I do have to admit that the shell will try to take over, be careful.....

1000


Did you make those shell wallets out of samples from AE?!

post #22607 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by guasc1 View Post

Good afternoon gentlemen, would any of you happen to know what model this is?

 

I found it on this webpage.... http://www.rockefellercenter.com/shop-and-eat/allen-edmonds/

 

 

 

That's the discontinued Bel Air on the 0 last.  Great shoe!  Found an old link:

 

http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/Product_11001_10050_100714

post #22608 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post


Did you make those shell wallets out of samples from AE?!

I was thinking about doing this.
post #22609 of 70737

Not sure what possessed me, but I wore my Park Avenues today for the first time since August of 2012.  I've been wearing a sleeker pair of C&J black cap toes with an elongated toe (337 last) for the past year, but lately I've been thinking that an elongated toe looks excessive on my size 12 feet and that the proportions of a rounded last work better on larger feet.  Now, if I could just trim the welt a little bit and gently slide that cap line back a smidge. . . .  Anyways, so continues my SF evolution.

 

post #22610 of 70737
post #22611 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentyman View Post

http://aetentsale.com/

 

I bless you......... but my wallet doesn't ! !

post #22612 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post

True, very true. But eventually even your wallets can turn to shell if your not careful...

rimshot.gif

post #22613 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentyman View Post

http://aetentsale.com/


Im hoping SWIMS will be apart of this sale. I have seen people say they got theirs for $40... fingers crossed.

post #22614 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post


Did you make those shell wallets out of samples from AE?!

No the card wallet on the left is #2 Shell from Ashland Leather.

The wallet on the right is from Dave Mitchell at Mitchell Leather, #8 lined with CXL and contrasting trim. He does a great job and I will likely end up sending at least one of my shell samples to him to be made into a watch strap in addition to puchasing his natural shell one.

 

http://www.mitchell-leather.com/Custom_Watches.html

 

post #22615 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post

That's the discontinued Bel Air on the 0 last.  Great shoe!  Found an old link:

http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/Product_11001_10050_100714


That is correct.
It's the Bel Air.
I just got email confirmation from AE.
Now to understand if a shell MTO is possible...
post #22616 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Not sure what possessed me, but I wore my Park Avenues today for the first time since August of 2012.  I've been wearing a sleeker pair of C&J black cap toes with an elongated toe (337 last) for the past year, but lately I've been thinking that an elongated toe looks excessive on my size 12 feet and that the proportions of a rounded last work better on larger feet.  Now, if I could just trim the welt a little bit and gently slide that cap line back a smidge. . . .  Anyways, so continues my SF evolution.

 

 

They look pretty sharp in my opinion!

post #22617 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post

 

They look pretty sharp in my opinion!

 

Thanks, MWS.  I suspect you are simply a few steps ahead of me on my shoe evolution path.

post #22618 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by guasc1 View Post

That is correct.
It's the Bel Air.
I just got email confirmation from AE.
Now to understand if a shell MTO is possible...

Here's a pic of the Bel-Airs in the wild:

styleforum 008.jpg
post #22619 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by reidrothchild View Post

Here's a pic of the Bel-Airs in the wild:

styleforum 008.jpg

How do you like them?
I think they are a unique and intriguing model.
That medallion is really original.
I have emailed AE to see if they could do a special MTO in cordovan, but I might have to use the CEO special offer.
I don't even know if it's still valid!
I will keep the SFs posted.
post #22620 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by guasc1 View Post


How do you like them?
I think they are a unique and intriguing model.
That medallion is really original.
I have emailed AE to see if they could do a special MTO in cordovan, but I might have to use the CEO special offer.
I don't even know if it's still valid!
I will keep the SFs posted.

They probably won't do it.  They're not doing anything on the discontinued 0 last; I already tried for a Soho or Evanston.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...