Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 9:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1465post #21961 of 707375/24/13 at 10:02ampost #21962 of 707375/24/13 at 10:26ampost #21963 of 707375/24/13 at 10:59amQuote:Originally Posted by jbcohen
Why would I buy shoe trees from Allen Emonds rather than say Bed, Bath and Beyond? Are Allen Emond's shoe trees that much better than the standard ones? Looks like I will be taking delivery of my first pair of Allen Edmond's tomorrow, then I will be seeing if you all are right about the quality of Allen Edmond's shoes.
I believe. AE used Woodlore for their shoe trees. I picked up 4 sets of Woodlore trees at my local Nordstrom Rack for $12.90 a piece.post #21964 of 707375/24/13 at 11:01ampost #21965 of 707375/24/13 at 11:07ampost #21966 of 707375/24/13 at 11:11ampost #21967 of 707375/24/13 at 11:49ampost #21968 of 707375/24/13 at 11:53am
Flip the plate over, showing only bare silver rather than whatever manufacturer / store's name is on them.
Beautiful - great start to the long weekend.Quote:
You don't need to, and many including me don't... but if you walk a lot or in such a way as to wear down the heel quickly, it may be a good investment.post #21969 of 707375/24/13 at 11:55ampost #21970 of 707375/24/13 at 12:52pm
Just got the invoice for my own MTO shoes today. I went with a cappuccino shell Kenilworth with a double JR sole and also made my own version of Foo's oneshoe. I got a burgundy shell MacNeil made on the 5-65 last without the split reverse welt, but with the double JR sole. Adding those to my black Park Aves, brown Strands, and burgundy shell Randolphs. I think my next order is going to be a pair of brown shell Dundees, unless anyone else has some suggestions. I think I have most of my bases covered between black stitch cap, brown brogue, burgundy shell longwing, brown shell PTB and burgundy shell loafers, but I'm curious if there are any other "must-have" shoes that I'm missing. A brown punch-cap maybe? Any ideas?post #21971 of 707375/24/13 at 12:58pmIf I have a bit of heel slippage and some room by the toes in 6.5E McTav's (but not enough of either to change sizes) is it safe to assume that in dressier 5 last shoes I should keep the same size? Would getting a BB model make a difference?post #21972 of 707375/24/13 at 1:07pm
I've got a little bit of cap-creasing going on here on my Strands. Absolutely LOVE the shoes, and the fit has been confirmed by Nordstrom fitting (no AE store anywhere near me). They feel comfy, certainly in length. If anything, still a bit tight in width, but nothing worrisome and only been worn half a dozen times, so likely not fully broken in. I'm not worried about the cap-creases, but is it normal? SHOULD I be concerned? Thanks everyone!post #21973 of 707375/24/13 at 1:18pmDoes anyone know if they sell the shoe trees in AE stores at the same price as online? 2 for $40? How about brushes, polishes, etc?
Or, on the other hand, does anyone know if Nordstrom Rack sells the full toe Woodlore trees? Or only the split/combination?
Thanks!post #21974 of 707375/24/13 at 1:31pmQuote:
I would assume AE stores would be willing to price match their website.
I've only seen the split-toe shoe trees at nordstrom, never the fullpost #21975 of 707375/24/13 at 1:51pmQuote:
My local AE store (Denver, CO) sells the shoe trees for the same 2 for $40 deal. They also have a full line of shoe care products and even sell some things like Venetian Shoe Cream that you cannot get online. I mention the store as it may be specific to location. I was in the Denver store a month or so ago, and they had a selection of shoes on sale but not the entire collection. This matched exactly what was listed on line. The next day I was in the AE store in New Orleans, and they had all of their shoes on sale, including shell.
I've never seen full toe trees at my local Rack, and I usually try and look for them when I go.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › CARUSO blue Heringbone Sportcoat Size EU 48 Loro Piana Wool-Cashmere 4 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 10 minutes ago
- › On Tie Knots and Shirt Collars 10 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 11 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 11 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 15 minutes ago
- › Obama's Unravelling 16 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...