or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 147  

post #2191 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post

My toes aren't close to the tip of the shoes due to the 2's more pointed shape. And yeah, I'd say I have about a thumbs width. I have less room in some shoes and more room in others. In terms of sizing, as long as the widest part of my foot corresponds to the widest part of the shoes, the toes generally take care of themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

Exactly, length was fine but I'm on the wide side of D.
I feel the same but those narrow lasts like 5 and 2 are hit or miss for me. Blucher lacing seems to allow me to fit a D just fine but in the Park Ave. for instance, I'd need an E. The 7 works well for me in 11D.

good info guys. thanks. that's how i felt when i tried on the players. the 11D is just a little bit tight but not so tight that I will complaint. I have already email Edward and see if he can mail me that 11D tmrw in exchange of the brown 5th Ave. I think that 11D up in Freeport is pretty close to flawless as well.

Do they make E width on the players? I only see B, D, and EEE on Nordstrom.

Do y'all think the players will still look good with a dark brown color?
Edited by tv2177 - 1/19/12 at 9:02pm
post #2192 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslade View Post

I received a pair of AE Strands today (went up half a size from what I take in Alden's Barrie last). I'm getting a little bit of heel slip in the shoes. Does anybody know if I can expect this heel slip to go away after the shoes break in a little?
Bump as this was overlooked. biggrin.gif Can anybody provide some advice?
post #2193 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslade View Post

Bump as this was overlooked. biggrin.gif Can anybody provide some advice?

how did you size? mine fits perfect, no heel slide at all.
post #2194 of 70737
I went with a 9.5D, and am a 9.5D on the Brannock device. So very much true to size. smile.gif

I'm getting a little bit of heel slip, but I've gotten heel slip in the past with my Aldens. However, the heel slip that I've gotten in the past has almost always diminished with a few times wear, and I was just wondering whether or not I can expect the same from my AE Strands. If not, I should probably return them and go a half size down?

Thanks in advance for the help!
post #2195 of 70737
i sized down from 11D -> 10.5E but other members on this board went TTS on the 5 lasts, so if you have spare money my best suggestion is to order another pair of 9E and try on and pick the one you like with the best fit and return the other.
post #2196 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslade View Post

Bump as this was overlooked. biggrin.gif Can anybody provide some advice?

I don't think so. I've found that most shoes, if anything, loosen up, not tighten up. You can try doubling up socks like someone recommended, but it really depends on how much slip you have.

Maybe try a 1/2 size down in a local store or Nordstroms?
post #2197 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2177 View Post

good info guys. thanks. that's how i felt when i tried on the players. the 11D is just a little bit tight but not so tight that I will complaint. I have already email Edwards and see if he can mail me that 11D tmrw in exchange of the brown 5th Ave. I think that 11D up in Freeport is pretty close to flawless as well.
Do they make E width on the players? I only see B, D, and EEE on Nordstrom.
Do y'all think the players will still look good with a dark brown color?

I'm the opposite. A 5-lasted Strand in 9D fits me great, but a Executive 2-lasted Lombard in 9D was too narrow, so I had to sell it; a 9E probably would've been perfect. Although with time I don't doubt that the 9D Lombard would've stretched a bit.
post #2198 of 70737

I don't have a very big budget, but I've been looking at getting a used pair of AE's. I don't know if this is asking too much, but is it possible to get an impression of how worn a pair of used shoes are from looking at pictures? I'd really appreciate any input from you guys. Looking at these pictures would these shoes need any work? Ballpark figures, what would you be willing to pay?


1.jpg

 

 

2.jpg

 

 

3.jpg

post #2199 of 70737
Just a heads up, I read this on the blog Dappered. Piperlime has some Allen Edmonds on sale with an extra 20% off with the code NEWYOU. There are some brown Kenilworths in 10 1/2 and 11, and they come out to about $180 after the 20% off and tax. The code worked as of last night, but I haven't checked today.
post #2200 of 70737
I'm looking for some more shoes in the 5 or 1-511 last. I've already got a black Park Ave, a walnut Strand, and a brown Fifth Ave. Any recommendations? The Kenilworth is uninteresting and the Sanford, while nice, is basically a Strand-lite.
post #2201 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

I'm looking for some more shoes in the 5 or 1-511 last. I've already got a black Park Ave, a walnut Strand, and a brown Fifth Ave. Any recommendations? The Kenilworth is uninteresting and the Sanford, while nice, is basically a Strand-lite.

5 - Cambridge or McTavish (black)
1-511 - Dalton (dark chocolate)

I'd personally go with the Dalton.
post #2202 of 70737
349
post #2203 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_drizzle View Post

5 - Cambridge or McTavish (black)
1-511 - Dalton (dark chocolate)
I'd personally go with the Dalton.

Yeah, I'm waiting for another sale on the shell Dalton's. That McTavish in Tan looks kind of interesting. Don't think I like that contrast outsole in the black.
post #2204 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by brailly View Post

I don't have a very big budget, but I've been looking at getting a used pair of AE's. I don't know if this is asking too much, but is it possible to get an impression of how worn a pair of used shoes are from looking at pictures? I'd really appreciate any input from you guys. Looking at these pictures would these shoes need any work? Ballpark figures, what would you be willing to pay?


350x231px-LL-cecf8205_1.jpeg


350x233px-LL-795a7b46_2.jpeg


350x235px-LL-8c09c6e5_3.jpeg

Those look very lightly used. You see very little heel wear and most of the outsole is still unmarked. The uppers look fine, just normal creasing from wear (which I presume you would do anyway). I would guess 4-8 wears outside on them. You can check completed listing on ebay for a good comparison, but given that you can get them new for $245 here http://www.styleforum.net/t/263225/ic-allen-edmonds-mega-thread-is-back-nib-park-ave-fifth-ave-strand-mcallister-macneil-shell-cordovan-all-models-colors-sizes, I would guess anything under $200 is good, anything close to $150 is great.

Good Luck.
post #2205 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Yeah, I'm waiting for another sale on the shell Dalton's. That McTavish in Tan looks kind of interesting. Don't think I like that contrast outsole in the black.

TBH I don't really like walnut, it doesn't go with most of the clothes I have. I find myself rarely using my walnut Strands lately (I wear suits about 75% of the time).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...