or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 146  

post #2176 of 70737
when will the RTW mora's be back? what last will they be on?
post #2177 of 70737
I am gonna sell my brand new seconds 10.5E Brown Fifth Ave for $165 shipped if anyone is interested let me know, I got some pics. I can't find any wrong with the shoe but it's being marked as seconds. I will put it on B&S later this week.
post #2178 of 70737
I tried on the 11D Walnut Player's today up in Freeport. Sadly [and not surprisingly] they didn't fit. I probably needed a 10.5E or 11E just as most of you guys mentioned about the #2 last. So if anyone's looking for an 11D in the beautiful walnut player's wingtip, there's a pair in Freeport. They were on hold for me since early in the week. The #5 lasted Kenilworth in 11D works great for me but this last was much narrower.

Anybody know when the next Nordstrom sale is going to be? I may wait for that and pick up the walnut player's there. They list all widths so I should be able to get an 10.5E or 11E.
post #2179 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2177 View Post

I am gonna sell my brand new seconds 10.5E Brown Fifth Ave for $165 shipped if anyone is interested let me know, I got some pics. I can't find any wrong with the shoe but it's being marked as seconds. I will put it on B&S later this week.

I think you and I are pretty close to the same size. I wish you were selling the walnut players smile.gif
post #2180 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Just picked up these Vinci's in expresso brown, the longer i get to enjoy the now discontinued Seven series, the more i do not understand how it did poorly.

424

I'm really pleased with them, the Vinci looks very similar in style as the Kenilworth. Cut seems to be similar, but obviously, details are extensive on the Vinci's. I strongly recommend finding a pair (any pair of the seven series really) and buying it while you can, fantastic stuff nod[1].gif

That's real sharp. Thanks for posting.
post #2181 of 70737
Player's seconds arrived today. The fit is great, customer service was excellent, and I can't find any flaws. For $159, I'm extremely happy with my purchase. I think the double leather sole makes a huge difference along with the dovetail heel. Not so much from a functional standpoint, but aesthetically they make the shoe look richer.

AEPlayers2.jpg
AEPlayers1.jpg
post #2182 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post

Player's seconds arrived today. The fit is great, customer service was excellent, and I can't find any flaws. For $159, I'm extremely happy with my purchase. I think the double leather sole makes a huge difference along with the dovetail heel. Not so much from a functional standpoint, but aesthetically they make the shoe look richer.

After seeing your images, I'm even more bummed I didn't get a pair that fit. They look great.
post #2183 of 70737
I received a pair of AE Strands today (went up half a size from what I take in Alden's Barrie last). I'm getting a little bit of heel slip in the shoes. Does anybody know if I can expect this heel slip to go away after the shoes break in a little?
post #2184 of 70737
Here are some black Vincis that I sold in November:

280
post #2185 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

I think you and I are pretty close to the same size. I wish you were selling the walnut players smile.gif

ha, I think I tried on that pair of 11D walnut players as well just this past Sunday. I went TTS tho and it fits me pretty good. so I think I ma take that pair.

REguy you also went TTS on ur players right?
post #2186 of 70737
^ Yep. The #2 last fits me like a dream icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #2187 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post

^ Yep. The #2 last fits me like a dream icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

they toe box is a bit tight when i go TTS, but a little lose when I sized doww, so TTS is good for me.

do you mind tell me how much toe room you got in the front of the shoe? mine is about the width of my thumb, and that 's what Ed told me how it should fit.
post #2188 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

I tried on the 11D Walnut Player's today up in Freeport. Sadly [and not surprisingly] they didn't fit. I probably needed a 10.5E or 11E just as most of you guys mentioned about the #2 last. So if anyone's looking for an 11D in the beautiful walnut player's wingtip, there's a pair in Freeport. They were on hold for me since early in the week. The #5 lasted Kenilworth in 11D works great for me but this last was much narrower.
Anybody know when the next Nordstrom sale is going to be? I may wait for that and pick up the walnut player's there. They list all widths so I should be able to get an 10.5E or 11E.

the reason it didn't fit you is because the width, not the length right?
post #2189 of 70737
My toes aren't close to the tip of the shoes due to the 2's more pointed shape. And yeah, I'd say I have about a thumbs width. I have less room in some shoes and more room in others. In terms of sizing, as long as the widest part of my foot corresponds to the widest part of the shoes, the toes generally take care of themselves.
post #2190 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2177 View Post


the reason it didn't fit you is because the width, not the length right?

Exactly, length was fine but I'm on the wide side of D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post

...In terms of sizing, as long as the widest part of my foot corresponds to the widest part of the shoes, the toes generally take care of themselves.

I feel the same but those narrow lasts like 5 and 2 are hit or miss for me. Blucher lacing seems to allow me to fit a D just fine but in the Park Ave. for instance, I'd need an E. The 7 works well for me in 11D.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...