or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 144  

post #2146 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post

Just grabbed a pair of walnut Nordstrom Player's for $159. I had a pair of Lombards and wasn't in love. Hoping these are better with the extra details...double leather sole, etc.

That may fill my desire for a wingtip/longwing. I don't like the MacNeil in the walnut pebblegrain so these may be a nice option. Hope they have my size as well!
post #2147 of 70737
Are the Daltons supposed to be really creaky/noisy when you move? Does it stop?
post #2148 of 70737
I size as a 9E using AE's online shoe measurement tool (the paper Brannok). What would be the best size Strand (or other 5-65 last shoe) to order if I couldn't try it on first?
post #2149 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 454Casull View Post

I size as a 9E using AE's online shoe measurement tool (the paper Brannok). What would be the best size Strand (or other 5-65 last shoe) to order if I couldn't try it on first?

i'd say 8.5EEE, but again, only said that because the consensus seems to size down half a size on length and size one size wider. But then I am not sure how much wider is EEE in comparison to E.

I am usually a 11D and sized down to 10.5E in my Strand and it fits well.
post #2150 of 70737
The length actually shortens? I could see going up one width (two?), but I haven't worn 8.5 in a while.
post #2151 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 454Casull View Post

The length actually shortens? I could see going up one width (two?), but I haven't worn 8.5 in a while.

the 2 last is longer than usual so the consensus sized down on the length.
post #2152 of 70737
Just picked up these Vinci's in expresso brown, the longer i get to enjoy the now discontinued Seven series, the more i do not understand how it did poorly.

424

And, in case i have not posted the Tresana's from the same Seven series.

437

I'm really pleased with them, the Vinci looks very similar in style as the Kenilworth. Cut seems to be similar, but obviously, details are extensive on the Vinci's. I strongly recommend finding a pair (any pair of the seven series really) and buying it while you can, fantastic stuff nod[1].gif
post #2153 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Just picked up these Vinci's in expresso brown, the longer i get to enjoy the now discontinued Seven series, the more i do not understand how it did poorly.
424
And, in case i have not posted the Tresana's from the same Seven series.
437
I'm really pleased with them, the Vinci looks very similar in style as the Kenilworth. Cut seems to be similar, but obviously, details are extensive on the Vinci's. I strongly recommend finding a pair (any pair of the seven series really) and buying it while you can, fantastic stuff nod[1].gif

are you finding these in regular AE retail stores?
post #2154 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 454Casull View Post

The length actually shortens? I could see going up one width (two?), but I haven't worn 8.5 in a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2177 View Post

the 2 last is longer than usual so the consensus sized down on the length.

This, plus most shoes are shaped to extend a little past your toes. On some shoes, it's not really that the shoe is too short, it's that the tapered, pointy part is too narrow, so your foot does not go all the way to the front; i.e.: there's a bunch of unused shoe length there. If the wide part of the shoe is wide enough to accommodate your foot, then that unused tapered space is enough to accommodate your toes. Doesn't always work; but as tv2177 says, the 2 last is pretty long.
post #2155 of 70737
What are these great looking "seven" series that I've never seen or heard of before?
post #2156 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_golfing View Post

are you finding these in regular AE retail stores?

The AE retail store near me use to stock them. I was able to buy the Tresana's there, and they ordered me in the Vinci's from another AE retail store. Most of them were sent back to the shoe bank, from what i was told, but they can definitely be found.
post #2157 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Romo View Post

What are these great looking "seven" series that I've never seen or heard of before?

It was an Italian made line they experimented with a couple of years ago (they had several models). It had a higher price point than typical AE models, but with extensive added detailing and quality. Evidently, they did not sell well, but you can still get them new from AE, for a great price right now (although you might have to track a pair down). They are pretty amazing.
post #2158 of 70737
If anyone can help me find a pair of Allden Edmond boots in size 7.5 or 8 I will love you forever. Brantleys, Andover Ect.

Most of these models are not made anymore, so I have been looking on ebay... lots of large sizes.
post #2159 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

If anyone can help me find a pair of Allden Edmond boots in size 7.5 or 8 I will love you forever. Brantleys, Andover Ect.
Most of these models are not made anymore, so I have been looking on ebay... lots of large sizes.

Call an AE retail store or outlet store. They will have access to inventory nation wide, including discontinued models. Good luck, good sir...
post #2160 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Call an AE retail store or outlet store. They will have access to inventory nation wide, including discontinued models. Good luck, good sir...

How much can I expect retail? A selling point to these boots is they can be had from $100-$150 which ultimately made me decide to go with these instead of Aldens.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...