I bought the burgundy patriots as well right after I got the brown ones in but I have not broken them in yet. I try to wear new shoes around the office for a week or so before I take them outside.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:20 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- How do shoe care kit I can build myself?Last edited: 1/28/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1393post #20881 of 705355/10/13 at 12:03pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #20882 of 705355/10/13 at 12:16pmpost #20883 of 705355/10/13 at 12:18pm
I didn't create the ad', so I can't definitively explain it, but this is a pretty common retail sales ad'. The part that they want you to see is in bold, and the details are vague. It says "Save on all seconds and closeouts." It doesn't say that there's a certain % off of everything. "Saving" could simply mean that the closeout price is lower than the original price. That's technically "saving" compared to the original price. It says 15-40 percent off. I'm sure that the closeouts are 15-40 percent lower than the original prices. It doesn't say "take an additional 15% off of everything." That's the way that people seem to be interpretting it.
AE does this EVERY time. I'm not sure why it's still confusing to people.post #20884 of 705355/10/13 at 12:20pmpost #20885 of 705355/10/13 at 12:40pmQuote:
I wear the same sizes. The 9.5D Amoks are a little snug on me in the toe area, but loose in the heel. Maybe I just need to break them in more to eliminate the slight heel slip. I don't know if there is another size that would work better for me really. The leather is so soft though, that the snugness really doesn't bother me.post #20886 of 705355/10/13 at 12:44pmpost #20887 of 705355/10/13 at 12:46pmQuote:
It is not available from AE directly anymore, but AE still makes it for Brooks Brothers.post #20888 of 705355/10/13 at 12:49pmHow choice that would look in a shell makeup!1post #20889 of 705355/10/13 at 12:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by msulinskiQuote:
I wear the same sizes. The 9.5D Amoks are a little snug on me in the toe area, but loose in the heel. Maybe I just need to break them in more to eliminate the slight heel slip. I don't know if there is another size that would work better for me really. The leather is so soft though, that the snugness really doesn't bother me.
I ordered a tan Amok 10D from them yesterday. Lets keep in touch, maybe we can help each other out if the sizes don't fit uspost #20890 of 705355/10/13 at 1:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by bellyhungry
From the last list I received for size 10D.
Brooks 7 Tan Calf/Linen Tan
Brooks Aberdeen Brown Grain Brown
Brooks Brothers Park Ave Brown Brown
Brooks Elgin Tan Saddle Tan
Brooks Fifth Ave Walnut Walnut
Brooks Macneil Chil Grain Chili
Brooks Newmok Snuff Suede Snuff Suede
Brooks Presidio Brown Brown
Brooks Shelton Tan Saddle Tan
Brooks Strand Walnut Walnut
Brooks Westchester Burg Burgundy
-RL (Sanderson is the only AE made for RL that I recognize)
Sanderson Tan Calf
Sanderson Tan Calf/Khakki
I am sure others can add/amend the list.
Been looking for the BB walnut strand in 8 3E. Guess I am waitlisted. Hope some show up during the 159 sale!post #20891 of 705355/10/13 at 1:03pmpost #20892 of 705355/10/13 at 1:03pmQuote:
This. Speaking of which....
I purchased the black calf PA for BB during the last sale. It has the Poron insole like it seems most of the AE for BB shoes do. It fits however due to the Poron insole my foot sits higher in the footbed and the gap at the laces is huge compared to my other shoes in the same size and last. Anyone else experience this and have you tried sizing up a half size in length and did it work? With my Bayfields I ended up going up a half size because of the Poron insole but not so sure that would work in the shoes?post #20893 of 705355/10/13 at 1:05pmpost #20894 of 705355/10/13 at 1:09pmpost #20895 of 705355/10/13 at 1:20pm
Was this close to buying them (puts thumb and index finger an inch apart), but I need to save up after buying 2 pair in the past 2 weeks. Plus I have this wedding thing that I am the groom in, that's kinda important to have money for.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 43 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME FIND THESE SHOES 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › A lot of Hickey freeman, Brook brothers and oliver Grant 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 4 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 6 minutes ago
- › Smoking Jacket, Dinner Jacket question 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...