Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 139  

post #2071 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post



Yes there is a thread on here about them and a couple of us did-
http://www.styleforum.net/t/277216/allen-edmonds-dalton-shell-cordovan-in-walnut

Except for some looseness in the heel area which seems common I'm very pleased. In fact considering the Limited Edition Strand now which is why I am currently looking through these threads. Cripes last month I picked up 5 more AE shoes\boots with 2 in shell, WTH am I thinking?!? Here are my Shell Daltons, click for a larger pic:

350x195px-LL-d0608351_DSC00560.jpeg


Thanks, these look great.
post #2072 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbastardocalvo View Post

No trolling, I just have big frickin' feet.  Very hard to find much of anything, which is why, having discovered the variety of sized offered by AE, I'm staring down the barrel of a new expensive hobby.

 

My Player's Shoe in walnut arrived today.  This is my first pair of AE's, and they are beautiful and fit very well.  

 


The players shoe.jpg

 

post #2073 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbastardocalvo View Post


My Player's Shoe in walnut arrived today.  This is my first pair of AE's, and they are beautiful and fit very well.  


350x263px-LL-9ca1f83a_Theplayersshoe.jpeg

Congrats, as a wide footed bloke, I can relate to your fit dilemma. AE has done we well, I'm on my fifth pair now, It's truly addictive.
post #2074 of 70737

I would love to love AE's, but they don't love me.  In my correct size, the cuff of the shoe is as loose around my ankle as an old stripper's...well, you get the point.  I had to go to a narrow just to have the cuff fit, and that doesn't fit my foot ideally, although tolerable.  I finally broke down and got my first pair of C & J's.  It's not a snobbish issue, but one of fit.  Now, I've got three pair of C & J's and I absolutely love them.

 

I really don't want to come off like a %^$#, but the originator of the thread says he has a dozen pair of AE's.  Well, at their standard price, that would be about 5 to 6 pair of C & J's.  Just sayin'.  If money is really the issue, then just wait before pulling the trigger every time you see something you like.  You can't be that poor with 12 pair of $250-$300 shoes.  Of course, 5 to 6 pair of C & J's at their standard price is 2-3 pair of EG's or John Lobb, so maybe I should do the same!  shog[1].gif

post #2075 of 70737
There's a separate PSA thread for this, but I figured that I'd share this deal here as well. $129 Allen Edmonds Montecito Loafers. These are made by Rancourt and are an unbelievable shoe. Had my pair for 6 years and kopped a new pair to replace them.

Credit to deveandepot1 for sharing this deal icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #2076 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManCrush View Post

I would love to love AE's, but they don't love me.  In my correct size, the cuff of the shoe is as loose around my ankle as an old stripper's...well, you get the point.  I had to go to a narrow just to have the cuff fit, and that doesn't fit my foot ideally, although tolerable.  I finally broke down and got my first pair of C & J's.  It's not a snobbish issue, but one of fit.  Now, I've got three pair of C & J's and I absolutely love them.

 

I really don't want to come off like a %^$#, but the originator of the thread says he has a dozen pair of AE's.  Well, at their standard price, that would be about 5 to 6 pair of C & J's.  Just sayin'.  If money is really the issue, then just wait before pulling the trigger every time you see something you like.  You can't be that poor with 12 pair of $250-$300 shoes.  Of course, 5 to 6 pair of C & J's at their standard price is 2-3 pair of EG's or John Lobb, so maybe I should do the same!  shog[1].gif


Maybe it is a fit issue. I have tried on every C&J last and nothing has come close to fitting me as well as the 5 last.
post #2077 of 70737
I just got a PM from BigCheese who asked if I was selling my Kenilworth's as he saw my images on an ebay auction. They certainly are my images but not my shoes. I can't decide if I should be flattered or pissed smile.gif.

Should I bother notifying ebay? The images certainly don't represent the item being sold. He's actually mixed in my images of my nicely shined uppers with his own images of the lightly used soles. I haven't exactly been harmed in any way but it seems shady nonetheless. Someone's going to get a shoe that doesn't look at all like the images.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALLEN-EDMONDS-KENILWORTH-OXFORD-BROWN-BURNISHED-MEN-SHOES-9-5-D-325-/280795916312?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item4160bda818

Thanks to BigCheese for the heads up!
post #2078 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

I just got a PM from BigCheese who asked if I was selling my Kenilworth's as he saw my images on an ebay auction. They certainly are my images but not my shoes. I can't decide if I should be flattered or pissed smile.gif.
Should I bother notifying ebay? The images certainly don't represent the item being sold. He's actually mixed in my images of my nicely shined uppers with his own images of the lightly used soles. I haven't exactly been harmed in any way but it seems shady nonetheless. Someone's going to get a shoe that doesn't look at all like the images.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALLEN-EDMONDS-KENILWORTH-OXFORD-BROWN-BURNISHED-MEN-SHOES-9-5-D-325-/280795916312?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item4160bda818
Thanks to BigCheese for the heads up!

I would alert them, his shoes will not look anything like that (I am assuming) I'm sure the buyer is going to be pissed if nothing is done.
post #2079 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles_ View Post

I would alert them, his shoes will not look anything like that (I am assuming) I'm sure the buyer is going to be pissed if nothing is done.


It seems that ebay only cares if images were stolen from another active auction. It's all drop down menus with no free text options. Therefore since I don't have a valid auction's item number from which the images were copied without my permission, I can't report it.

"Provide an item number from your account that clearly shows you were the first to list an item with the photos or text you created. If you reuse your photos and text in many of your listings, please give us the item number of the earliest possible instance of using the photos or text."

Or if IP rights were violated, they give you this option:

To report a listing:


Step 1: If you have a good faith belief that a listing on eBay infringes your copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights, fill out our Notice of Claimed Infringement (NOCI) form, print it out, and fax it to eBay.

Note: You will need Adobe® Acrobat Reader to view and print our NOCI form. You can download a free copy at Adobe's website.

Step 2: After we receive your first NOCI, we will send you an electronic version of our NOCI form as well as instructions on how to submit future reports electronically.


What a PIA!
post #2080 of 70737
Can anyone who has them comment on how the Montecito fits in relation to other AE lasts?
post #2081 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by althanis View Post

I would totally ignore what the AE size guide says, at least for the size; the width seems okay.
I used the guide and it told me I was a 9.5. I decided that's not what I thought I was at all, and bought the 9, and it was still huge; my actual size is 8 to 8.5. The Brannock had me pegged at 8.5 I think.
Hope this helps.

Hey Mate,

Decided to go ahead with the herrings knightbridge (loakes) dark brown oxford - When im in the states next ill go into a AE store and get them tried on properly, i want my first pair of AE to be perfect smile.gif

The Herrings will be my first proper pair of shoes and look forwarding to getting some AE's in the future.

thanks again
post #2082 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

It seems that ebay only cares if images were stolen from another active auction. It's all drop down menus with no free text options. Therefore since I don't have a valid auction's item number from which the images were copied without my permission, I can't report it.
"Provide an item number from your account that clearly shows you were the first to list an item with the photos or text you created. If you reuse your photos and text in many of your listings, please give us the item number of the earliest possible instance of using the photos or text."
Or if IP rights were violated, they give you this option:
To report a listing:
Step 1: If you have a good faith belief that a listing on eBay infringes your copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights, fill out our Notice of Claimed Infringement (NOCI) form, print it out, and fax it to eBay.
Note: You will need Adobe® Acrobat Reader to view and print our NOCI form. You can download a free copy at Adobe's website.
Step 2: After we receive your first NOCI, we will send you an electronic version of our NOCI form as well as instructions on how to submit future reports electronically.

What a PIA!

Did you try messaging the seller? Just let him know that it's not ok that hes using your pictures and that you would rather not alert ebay for his sake.
post #2083 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles_ View Post

Did you try messaging the seller? Just let him know that it's not ok that hes using your pictures and that you would rather not alert ebay for his sake.

That's exactly what I did. Just sent him a message.
post #2084 of 70737
Quite the compliment!
post #2085 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by usctrojans31 View Post

Maybe it is a fit issue. I have tried on every C&J last and nothing has come close to fitting me as well as the 5 last.

Well, yes, it's obviously a fit issue. I share it—I have several AE's in a size 7EEE which are loose in the heal, though otherwise tolerable. The problem is that I need a very wide foot to accommodate my toes, but then the foot slides around a bit in front.

The C&J's I've tried in a UK 6.5G are much snugger through the ankle. Of course I foolishly tried on a pair on last 341 and then bought some on 317, because they were cheaper, only to discover that they were also a bit shorter.

If you have a EEE foot I would also suggest an H fitting in Church's, though they're hard to find in North America, and rather too expensive unless it's solely an issue of fit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...