Yes, they do but I think they only ship FedEx now. I haven't used their FedEx service (I ship them to and pick them up from Niagara Falls, NY) but I've read that the cost is $40 + taxes and FedEx's own "brokerage fee".
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/6/16 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 6:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- How do shoe care kit I can build myself?Last edited: 1/28/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1331post #19951 of 705614/27/13 at 6:17pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19952 of 705614/27/13 at 7:52pm
Are there alternative sources for AE shoecare products, like the cleaner/conditioner and the premium shoe polish that has international shipping? I will be leaving the US for Singapore in a month's time and will be bring my AE shoes with me.
Also, I see that there is a neutral premium shoe polish. Would it be a bad idea to stock up on those and just use them all all different leathers? (Merlot, walnut, grey, black, brown etc)
Thank you for your time.post #19953 of 705614/27/13 at 9:08pmre: water welts.
might read it . I mist my shells with water then brush back to a shine working in sections sides and vamp. This gets rid of the welts every time on all my shells . I dont use wax only reno but nothing else works as well as water brushing imopost #19954 of 705614/27/13 at 10:19pm
Does anyone have any experience with the Ashton or Benton? I wear custom orthotics with a pretty large heel and definitely can't fit in to Park Avenues like I wanted to(causes most of my heel to stick above the rim of the shoe). My problem is that none of my local stores carry the orthotic styles and I imagine the sizing for them is slightly different. Any advice on either of the shoes would be greatly appreciated.post #19955 of 705614/27/13 at 10:28pmpost #19956 of 705614/28/13 at 1:06ampost #19957 of 705614/28/13 at 1:07ampost #19958 of 705614/28/13 at 4:18amQuote:Originally Posted by jrarnold
Does anyone have any experience with the Ashton or Benton? I wear custom orthotics with a pretty large heel and definitely can't fit in to Park Avenues like I wanted to(causes most of my heel to stick above the rim of the shoe). My problem is that none of my local stores carry the orthotic styles and I imagine the sizing for them is slightly different. Any advice on either of the shoes would be greatly appreciated.
Hi, and welcome to SF and the Allen Edmonds thread! I own the Benton in chili, it is on the 8-678 last. The Clifton is on the 8-108 and the Clifton will not fit my foot no matter how I size it so think the Benton last is more generic fitting. Mine fits best in True To Size. I no longer wear custom orthotics but just the black superfeet 3/4 insoles and they work fine in the Benton, but also in my other shoes. The Benton isn't a bad shoe and looks much like the shell Townley's that many of us recently picked up, the toe is a bit more square at the end. One of the many good things about it being an AE is that if you ordered it and it didn't work you can return it for free and try something else.
Because the Dalton in chili is on sale I was thinking of taking a picture of the Benton with a walnut shoe for color comparison so those considering the chili Dalton could see the difference. I'll try to do that later today if time allows.post #19959 of 705614/28/13 at 5:40amQuote:Originally Posted by md2010
Sanderson is offered in E width for euro market. I have them in E but they feel like B. RL shoes have thick full leather insole makes even less room inside the shoes. If you have wide feet stay away. A double leather soled wingtip don't give much. Going 1/2 size bigger wont even help.
Man, really? I absolutely love the look of those shoes....post #19960 of 705614/28/13 at 5:46amQuote:
I just received shoes shipped to Canada. Yes, they charge $40 delivery. I was not charged brokerage fee from FedEx, nor did they pick up customs fees.
You could always order shoes through your nearest Harry Rosen (they'll do the whole catalogue, plus give them your custom orders). They just won't have sale prices or webgems.post #19961 of 705614/28/13 at 6:26amQuote:Originally Posted by Pastor
What size and color did you get? I ordered and received the Brown Shell Patriots in 9.5D last week. They are a little tight when I wear them with socks and fit perfect without socks. I'm still hoping they loosen up a tad bit but even if they don't I can wear them comfortably. I'm thinking of ordering a pair in burgundy shell as well while the sale is still on.
Mine are a little snug across the vamp, I presume they will loosen up a bit with wear. My experience with loafers and shell loafers is that you want them a bit snug at first, so that they don't fall off your foot after they are broken in.Quote:
They are definitiely different than the Randolphs, I believe the Randolph is longer, and potentially larger across the vamp. I went with the same size in the Patriot as I have in my shell Randolphs, and I think the Patriot fit will be better after they break in a bit.post #19962 of 705614/28/13 at 6:40am
Walnut vs. Chili, outside but early morning light:
The calf walnut McAllister's have been polished mainly with Saphir Cognac wax but once or twice with AE walnut premium polish to knock down the orange hue some. The Benton's have only ever been polished with AE chili premium polish. Both are several years old now with the Benton being almost 4 If I recall correctly.post #19963 of 705614/28/13 at 6:44amQuote:Originally Posted by Cold Iron
Walnut vs. Chili, outside but early morning light:
class="lightbox-enabled" data-id="788139" data-type="61" height="375" src="http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/788139/width/500/height/1000/flags/LL" style="; width: 500px; height: 375px;" width="500">
The calf walnut McAllister's have been polished mainly with Saphir Cognac wax but once or twice with AE walnut premium polish to knock down the orange hue some. The Benton's have only ever been polished with AE chili premium polish. Both are several years old now with the Benton being almost 4 If I recall correctly.
Wow, excellent pictures, very helpful. Thank You Sir.post #19964 of 705614/28/13 at 7:06amQuote:Originally Posted by bucksfan
Mine are a little snug across the vamp, I presume they will loosen up a bit with wear. My experience with loafers and shell loafers is that you want them a bit snug at first, so that they don't fall off your foot after they are broken in.
They are definitiely different than the Randolphs, I believe the Randolph is longer, and potentially larger across the vamp. I went with the same size in the Patriot as I have in my shell Randolphs, and I think the Patriot fit will be better after they break in a bit.
Thanks for the fit information. Now, I just need the pair that arrives to not have any ridiculous defects that make them an automatic return. I tried tongue pads in the Randolphs, which helped immensely, but thought it made more sense to just get a loafer that fits right out of the box.
By the way, I've had the picture you posted up on my computer this morning to keep telling myself the Patriots are worth the upcharge from the $130 price that I got on the prior pair.post #19965 of 705614/28/13 at 7:35am
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › things that are making you happy 19 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 38 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Quintessential Knit Ties: Comprehensive Discussion & Appreciation 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 6 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...