or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 133  

post #1981 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

Leeds are fantastic. It's one of my all-time favorites shoes.

Agreed, I've gone back and forth between Alden & AE shell longwing and eventually settled on the MacNeil. When it comes time for a PTB, I may end up with AE in favor of Alden again.
post #1982 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

Agreed, I've gone back and forth between Alden & AE shell longwing and eventually settled on the MacNeil. When it comes time for a PTB, I may end up with AE in favor of Alden again.

I like the AE Leeds better than the equivalent Alden PTB: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7szvCXCMtsQ

Just looks a little better to me mainly.
post #1983 of 70737
.
Edited by althanis - 1/5/12 at 1:53pm
post #1984 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

Also see this:
http://www.thestyleblogger.com/6153/1-piece5-ways-allen-edmonds-wingtip-brogue-boots/
That's a pretty good choice although I'd probably prefer cordovan.

I really, really want some Daltons right now.
post #1985 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

Kenilworth or Leeds. Leeds in shell is very desirable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsgood View Post

Looking for a pair of ae's to wear with jeans or slacks and button up with maybe blazer. No broguing or anything like that. Suggestions? Thanks.

+1 on this suggestion. Shell looks great with jeans and casual slacks.
post #1986 of 70737
anyone have a picture of some beaten up shell leeds with jeans?
post #1987 of 70737
also thinking about walton/ashton and even benton (despite the minimal broguing) all in brown.
post #1988 of 70737
Anyone ever post some RL photos of the Amok model? Looks like they're almost sold out on the website, is there any way to track down a pair at one of the stores? Looking for the Maracca, size 9D. Cheers!
post #1989 of 70737
Just out of curiosity, have any of you AE fans seen any images comparing Alden & AE longwings and/or Alden & AE PTB's side by side? I haven't been able to locate an image that compares either model adjacent to the other.
post #1990 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

Just out of curiosity, have any of you AE fans seen any images comparing Alden & AE longwings and/or Alden & AE PTB's side by side? I haven't been able to locate an image that compares either model adjacent to the other.
There should be a thread of that very nature either here or over at AAAC. I know I've seen it before, somewhere...
post #1991 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasai View Post

There should be a thread of that very nature either here or over at AAAC. I know I've seen it before, somewhere...

"Battle of the Longwings" is the thread title at AAAC. I'd like to see a "Battle of the PTBs" as well, but as far as I know it hasn't been done.
post #1992 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenobody0 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasai View Post

There should be a thread of that very nature either here or over at AAAC. I know I've seen it before, somewhere...

"Battle of the Longwings" is the thread title at AAAC. I'd like to see a "Battle of the PTBs" as well, but as far as I know it hasn't been done.

Tried looking for it, no luck, just some threads talking about how AE discontinues all their best models...
post #1993 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Tried looking for it, no luck, just some threads talking about how AE discontinues all their best models...

I can't find it with a quick search and I have a meeting right now.

I know it's on AAAC because I looked at it about two weeks ago. I'll do another search when I get back if nobody has found it.

On edit, maybe I'm mistaken on the AAAC thread title, but I'm 100% sure they had a good thread on this topic.

Here's one from SF:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/208831/battle-of-the-longwings-alden-vs-florsheim-limited-vs-allen-edmonds
post #1994 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

Anyone ever post some RL photos of the Amok model? Looks like they're almost sold out on the website, is there any way to track down a pair at one of the stores? Looking for the Maracca, size 9D. Cheers!

Don't waste your money. The construction is fine, but the leathers are garbage. These are what they look like in real life. L-R: Snuff, Maracca, Chocolate.

AEAmoks-1.jpg
post #1995 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasai View Post

There should be a thread of that very nature either here or over at AAAC. I know I've seen it before, somewhere...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenobody0 View Post

"Battle of the Longwings" is the thread title at AAAC. I'd like to see a "Battle of the PTBs" as well, but as far as I know it hasn't been done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Tried looking for it, no luck, just some threads talking about how AE discontinues all their best models...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenobody0 View Post

I can't find it with a quick search and I have a meeting right now.
I know it's on AAAC because I looked at it about two weeks ago. I'll do another search when I get back if nobody has found it.
On edit, maybe I'm mistaken on the AAAC thread title, but I'm 100% sure they had a good thread on this topic.
Here's one from SF:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/208831/battle-of-the-longwings-alden-vs-florsheim-limited-vs-allen-edmonds

Thanks guys! I'll dig around AAAC and post an update if I find anything.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...