It really does, looks like the same exact boot, different leather, at least at first glance.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 10/11/16 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 10/21/16 at 7:25pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1320post #19787 of 707374/25/13 at 3:27pmpost #19788 of 707374/25/13 at 3:40pmQuote:Originally posted by Cold Iron
I would highly recommend them, they are one of my favorite shoes, go for it!! In the military I always made it a point to never let any of my men have a better looking shine on their shoes or boots than I had. Thank goodness I never had Patrick to compete with, it would have been tough ;-)
Glad I'm not the only guy who remembers that boots actually were capable of being shined a long time ago in the 80s. Nothing like a pair of Corcorans bloused into Class A's!post #19789 of 707374/25/13 at 3:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by htjouster
Looks like Amazon is currently matching the Anniversary Sale $250 price on merlot McAllister firsts (although other colors seem to be full price and not every size is available). You can also get a 20% off code if you sign up for their shoe emails, which brings the price down to $199. Boca Raton is also on sale for $219, which brings it to $175 if you use the 20% off code.
As I've said before, don't be surprised if order AEs through Amazon and receive ceased or minimally worn shoes...post #19790 of 707374/25/13 at 3:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by rollinsay
I'm on the verge of purchasing my first pair of Allen Edmonds - a pair of the Bourbon McAllisters. Naturally I am incredibly excited. I was hoping for some advice from you all regarding what I should do once I get them. Are there any key first steps in care that I should take before starting to wear them regularly?
I saphir reno all of my new shoes before wear, shell or calf. From time to time, with calf, I will use a neutral shoe cream instead (usually Alden boot cream).
Many sales associates will tell you you needn't treat them before the first wear. I would respectfully suggest they are simply wrong.post #19791 of 707374/25/13 at 3:49pmQuote:
If the budget allows, get both. If the budget doesn't allow, get calf.post #19792 of 707374/25/13 at 4:01pmpost #19793 of 707374/25/13 at 4:11pmpost #19794 of 707374/25/13 at 4:16pmpost #19795 of 707374/25/13 at 4:19pmQuote:
Alden Leather Defender -
orpost #19796 of 707374/25/13 at 6:02pmI got the all football nuemok web gems and was wondering, are these going to be impervious to just about anything, being made of football leather?
Not sure about what, if any, upkeep is needed.
Also, pulled the trigger on the brown Jefferson's today.post #19797 of 707374/25/13 at 6:50pm
I emailed about Bayfield about a day ago(haven't heard back, but I have patience). One was I feel shell just show off better if in cap toe or plain toe boot form, two was feeling Bayfield in Shell would be easier to dress up or down, three it will be more unique because there has been a few shell variety of Datlons already out there. I also inquired about having a Eagle County made with Dublin leather and differnt soles....
love the Promontory Point and Gwinnett...still hoping for a plain toe boot from AE though.post #19798 of 707374/25/13 at 7:18pmpost #19799 of 707374/25/13 at 7:40pmpost #19800 of 707374/25/13 at 8:26pm
For those with snuff suede shoes, do any of you have experience
with Saphir suede & nubuck spray?
Hanger project has it back in stock and I was thinking of picking
some up. Would medium brown be closer in color to snuff suede?
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 40 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 3 minutes ago
- › Ask me about Eyewear! 20 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 20 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 22 minutes ago
- › 5th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling 23 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 26 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 26 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...