or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1271  

post #19051 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jch1 View Post

Anybody know what model this is? Are they actually shell cordovan? The left shoe looks like it may have creases as well as rolls.  Here's to hoping somebody doesn't snipe these from me!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121093807618

edit: I was already too late. Ouch.

From the pictures it is too hard to tell, but you are right and I see creasing, so I would guess that they were not shell.
post #19052 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al in Philly View Post

Probably not, unless you get gift cards as presents and wait until the American heritage sale (or whatever it's called) in the fall.

Danke. smile.gif
post #19053 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

 

Sorta funny, you say;

 

 "There are other threads that get into the AE vs. Alden quality debate, so it doesn't have to be delved into here." 

 

and then you delve right into it!

 

" People are currently placing enormous emphasis on "made in USA"

 

It's AE themselves doing that.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post

 

That's incorrect on both counts.  I hardly delved into the debate.  I kept it to a limited point on the price difference as it relates to our current discussion on why they are using a factory in the DR and the post I was adding to from kmdsimpson.  The threads on the AE vs. Alden quality difference debates go into everything from leather quality, finishing quality, stitching quality, shoe fit, last shape, durability, comfort... need I go on? 

 

AE is placing great emphasis on their "made in USA" heritage because it is being demanded by the masses.  The fact that this entire conversation has been going on for so long is itself evidence for this because people are picking apart what it really  means to be "made in USA."  If no one cared, they wouldn't be picking apart the concept.  AE isn't the only company pushing the "made in USA" status of their products.  All of the major quality American brands are doing this.  Rancourt, Quoddy, Alden, Oakstreet...  A video on Vimeo with George Vlagos (founder of Oakstreet) touches on the heavy emphasis of this right now. 

 

Mediahound, just in case you'd like a couple of sources regarding this, see here:

 

http://putthison.com/post/1462670297/q-and-answer-whats-a-country-of-origin-worth

 

http://vimeo.com/commonmachine/oakstreetbootmakers

post #19054 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicutioner View Post

COME ON USPS HURRY UP AND DELIVER MY TOWNLEYS


Mine came Fedex, first time I've ever ordered from them so not sure if that is normal or not.
post #19055 of 70737

For some reason, because my Townleys were coming to Canada, they had to be shipped from the Ohio store to Wisconsin, then re-shipped to me from there.  They only went out from Wisconsin yesterday.  I won't see them until next week.  Ugh.  Waiting sucks.

post #19056 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jch1 View Post

Anybody know what model this is? Are they actually shell cordovan? The left shoe looks like it may have creases as well as rolls.  Here's to hoping somebody doesn't snipe these from me!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121093807618

edit: I was already too late. Ouch.

I don't know the model, but they don't look like shell to me. Could be the old "cordovan" color, as in burgundy. I don't think you missed on much.
post #19057 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jch1 View Post

Anybody know what model this is? Are they actually shell cordovan? The left shoe looks like it may have creases as well as rolls.  Here's to hoping somebody doesn't snipe these from me!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121093807618

edit: I was already too late. Ouch.

These are not shell cordovan.
post #19058 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post

I don't know the model, but they don't look like shell to me. Could be the old "cordovan" color, as in burgundy. I don't think you missed on much.
+1 irrelevant probably but those are not shell
post #19059 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post

No face to face meetings today and April showers will lead to another half a foot of more snow soon so....

 

It is a Cascade's type of day.

 

Wow, those look so much better than they do on the AE site...

post #19060 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyswatter View Post


I wouldn't wear a pair of shoes that squeak as audibly as some Amoks reportedly do if I got them for free. As for the talcum powder fix, how does that work, exactly? Sprinkle some inside the shoe? That seems... messy.

Have you experienced any squeaking with your pair, mediahound?

 

Hey Flyswatter,

 

I just wanted to let you know that there are Factory Seconds Amoks in Tan Suede and Brogue Suede going for $99.

Call up your favourite SA to enquire! Also, I don't think the Jeffersonville 20% applies because they are on closeout.

post #19061 of 70737

Looks like I'll be picking up a pair of McAllister's in Bourbon.  But, I first need to stop by the AE store to get properly fitted.  My 11.5D Hastings and 11.5E Strands don't fit properly.  Not buying another pair of shoes on the #5 last until I can determine my proper size.  Unfortunately, the only store is downtown which means I have to deal with traffic parking :(

post #19062 of 70737
just got some park aves in the same size as a pair of old macallisters i have. as far as i can tell these are on the same last. however, the park ave feels much looser in the heel area. i am assuming the difference is because the macallisters are very well broken in (pick up from a consignment shop for $30), and the stiffness of the new leather sole exacerbates the feeling of heel slip. these two should fit the same, correct?
post #19063 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbastardocalvo View Post

Wow, those look so much better than they do on the AE site...

I really like my Cascades


Chris
post #19064 of 70737
Did someone here score the gently-used Walnut Strands in 11E from the Hitch-n-Post on eBay? I was in the lead til the bitter end, and then lost.
post #19065 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviMay View Post

Did someone here score the gently-used Walnut Strands in 11E from the Hitch-n-Post on eBay? I was in the lead til the bitter end, and then lost.

approx how much do bids increase in the last few hours?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...