I really like the dust bags that come with them, they are very thick. Also, was surprised by the JR soles and dove tail heel, this is my first pair so if this is normal my bad.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 3:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1261post #18902 of 707374/16/13 at 3:12pmpost #18903 of 707374/16/13 at 3:14pmpost #18904 of 707374/16/13 at 3:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by benjaminroy
Thanks for the tips guys. I'm definitely not opposed to the darker edges, and it's actually a bit lighter than I was remembering now that I look at them again. I'm more just annoyed with myself for not being more careful before putting the dressing on.
Here's a couple pics...
I think those look great. My bourbon strands have black edges and I'm fond of the contrast. As with most things, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Don't beat yourself up too much over the edge dressing; they look very nice.post #18905 of 707374/16/13 at 3:15pmpost #18906 of 707374/16/13 at 3:18pmQuote:
Those two are very close in colour - and very nice. What did you use to polish the Alden's - just a brush and arm power, or did you use any product?post #18907 of 707374/16/13 at 3:23pmQuote:
The shoe has a little touch of red to it, but both very close in color. Mostly brush and arm power, reno maybe every 8-10 wears and saphir cordovan creme maybe every 15 wears or so.post #18908 of 707374/16/13 at 3:28pmpost #18909 of 707374/16/13 at 3:31pmMy favorite pair of AE shells. 744 action shot down by the water. Got them as seconds during the whole ridiculously cheap price fiasco earlier this year. My friend is selling me his 721s at his cost since they didn't quite work for him. Gonna treat them just as lovingly These are thoroughly Crane's method, btw. No Mac pampering for these bad boys.post #18910 of 707374/16/13 at 3:46pmQuote:What causes the toe caps to look like that. I noticed Cranes did the same thing .Abuse? Construction? Conditioning method?Originally Posted by wdahab
My favorite pair of AE shells. 744 action shot down by the water. Got them as seconds during the whole ridiculously cheap price fiasco earlier this year. My friend is selling me his 721s at his cost since they didn't quite work for him. Gonna treat them just as lovingly These are thoroughly Crane's method, btw. No Mac pampering for these bad boys.post #18911 of 707374/16/13 at 3:49pmQuote:
Thanks for sharing. The picture by the boot is really interesting colorwise and because, every time I see the Townley, I think what a great boot it would make.post #18912 of 707374/16/13 at 3:56pmQuote:
Love the Walnut in almost any model. Nice looking shoes.
CHpost #18913 of 707374/16/13 at 4:07pmpost #18914 of 707374/16/13 at 4:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Flokk
After much hemming and hawing I decided to order Park Avenues in black, Mcallisters in Walnut, and Strands in Walnut (with a 13.5, 4E foot, I know it's going to take a lot of playing around to find the right fit). With backordered Bruces for stomping around. I've been on a college budget and have relied on Clarks and other random brands before this. Thanks for the excellent discussion which helped guide my decision!
Some nice selections, no doubt! Sounds like you're in the same situation as me: just finishing up college and starting a nice shoe wardrobe. I'm curious though as to why you selected two out of three in Walnut, especially two shoes as similar as the McAllister and Strand. Walnut is a beautiful color for sure, but seems like a darker brown would be a bit more versatile and it would have made more sense to get one of those in brown burnished or bourbon calf. Anyway, not trying to make you second-guess yourself, just food for thought. My two AE shoes so far are black Park Avenues and brown Fifth Avenues. Figured I'd start with the dressier/suit appropriate shoes first, then make some more casual acquisitions, i.e. shoes in a lighter brown and with some brogueing. I've got my eye on bourbon McAllisters next.post #18915 of 707374/16/13 at 4:25pmQuote:
In a Chukka, sure it is a year-rounder.
OTOH, anyone know any ideas about brown suede offerings from Allen Edmonds? Is there usually fall specials? I would love Strand in very dark brown Suede for fall (how about a Strandmok in dark brown). I checked the website, under Leathers, and I see "Suede (0)"
Oh, and I exercised my right to fuel financial recovery by purchasing McAllisters, tap sole, Bourbon. Happy Anniversary AE! Can't wait for the mail.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Recent purchases - Part II 11 seconds ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 29 seconds ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 51 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 4 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...