or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 127  

post #1891 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poshak Man View Post

Don't understand why they discontinued these shoes.confused.gif

Evidently they weren't selling... I'm baffled myself.
post #1892 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

See my video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7szvCXCMtsQ
Where I talk about this a bit.
Basically, the Barrie last is just slighly wider and has more area above the toes. The AE 1-511 last is a bit sleeker and is the last I show in the above video.

Wow thank you sir! Great vid! You say (and i can also see) that the toe box is more narrow than the Alden Barrie.Should i go up a width on the 1-511 if i'm a TIGHT D width on the Barrie?
post #1893 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post


Evidently they weren't selling... I'm baffled myself.



Weren't they originally retailing for $550 or something close to this range?  With AE's bread and butter being quality shoes in the $200-300 range on sale, I wonder how many AE customers were willing to pay that price.  This is the same reason I wonder how AE's new Independence line is going to sell.  Some beautiful shoes in this line, but not worth the extra couple hundred when considering the excellent quality for AE's main line shoes.

 

By the way, you did very well to get that shoe from the Shoe Bank at a considerable discount.  It's a beautiful shoe.  Well done!

 

post #1894 of 70737
I question the whole idea of a "Made in USA" branded/marketed company marketing Made in Italy shoes. doesn't that go against their/their customers ethos?
post #1895 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post




Weren't they originally retailing for $550 or something close to this range?  With AE's bread and butter being quality shoes in the $200-300 range on sale, I wonder how many AE customers were willing to pay that price.  This is the same reason I wonder how AE's new Independence line is going to sell.  Some beautiful shoes in this line, but not worth the extra couple hundred when considering the excellent quality for AE's main line shoes.

By the way, you did very well to get that shoe from the Shoe Bank at a considerable discount.  It's a beautiful shoe.  Well done!

Actually, my local AE store had some in stock (on discount) and i simply ordered a pair in my size. I believe they mentioned that AE was re-calling all the Seven line inventory back to the factory, so i am hoping to get a pair of Vinci's before they are sent to the AE outlets for good.

It is a quality shoe, no question, better than their usual offerings. I think people have trouble accepting a higher price point shoe from AE, when they can simply just shop at similarly priced shoe makers with higher prestige. But at a discount, the Seven line is a steal, fantastic quality and detailing.
post #1896 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Well alright then! nod[1].gif
Tresana
437

CONGRATS!!! You've been talking about (or looking for) the Tresana for months now. So glad you finally got your hands on a pair!! I couldn't be more pleased with mine, now at about 2 yrs old. They are one of the best fitting shoes I own. I wish I could get other AE shoes in the same last. The fit is spot on and they are comfortable as any other shoe in my rotation. My only small concern is that they aren't recraftable by AE. I'm not sure what I'll do when they need soles. I like them so much, I may send them off to B. Nelson in Manhattan rather than use a local cobbler. I like them so much I'm afraid that recrafting will change them even slightly.

Again...so glad you got them (finally). happy.gif

224
post #1897 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Evidently they weren't selling... I'm baffled myself.

I personally wouldn't have bought them at MSRP of $595. At $220, I love them!

245
post #1898 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by TauKappaEpsilon View Post

blah blah blah blah, enough with the questions, this is the "appreciation thread".  Less talk and more photos!

 

5th Aves:

DSC01674.JPG

Hahahaha nice pics
post #1899 of 70737
I really like the Mondavio in black.

339
post #1900 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

CONGRATS!!! You've been talking about (or looking for) the Tresana for months now. So glad you finally got your hands on a pair!! I couldn't be more pleased with mine, now at about 2 yrs old. They are one of the best fitting shoes I own. I wish I could get other AE shoes in the same last. The fit is spot on and they are comfortable as any other shoe in my rotation. My only small concern is that they aren't recraftable by AE. I'm not sure what I'll do when they need soles. I like them so much, I may send them off to B. Nelson in Manhattan rather than use a local cobbler. I like them so much I'm afraid that recrafting will change them even slightly.

My AE store manager swears they are now available for re-crafting through AE. I'm going to hold him to it when the time comes biggrin.gif
post #1901 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

My AE store manager swears they are now available for re-crafting through AE. I'm going to hold him to it when the time comes biggrin.gif

That's interesting to hear. I hope he is right. Edward up at the outlet indicated that they weren't re-craftable simply because they weren't made in the AE factory in the US, which made sense to me. However, since they are a goodyear welted shoe, they certainly can be re-soled by any competent cobbler. It still worries me that any significant change (to include re-soling) will ruin the otherwise perfect fitting shoe for my far from perfect feet (on the wide side-between D and E, right foot wider than the left, high instep, etc.).
post #1902 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

That's interesting to hear. I hope he is right. Edward up at the outlet indicated that they weren't re-craftable simply because they weren't made in the AE factory in the US, which made sense to me. However, since they are a goodyear welted shoe, they certainly can be re-soled by any competent cobbler. It still worries me that any significant change (to include re-soling) will ruin the otherwise perfect fitting shoe for my far from perfect feet (on the wide side-between D and E, right foot wider than the left, high instep, etc.).

If AE acquired the lasts from the Italian manufacturer, then they should be able to recraft the shoes at the factory.
post #1903 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

That's interesting to hear. I hope he is right. Edward up at the outlet indicated that they weren't re-craftable simply because they weren't made in the AE factory in the US, which made sense to me. However, since they are a goodyear welted shoe, they certainly can be re-soled by any competent cobbler. It still worries me that any significant change (to include re-soling) will ruin the otherwise perfect fitting shoe for my far from perfect feet (on the wide side-between D and E, right foot wider than the left, high instep, etc.).

To quote my SA, "Allen Edmonds now employs a few Italian cobblers just for re-crafting of the Seven & Italian collection". I'll check with him today, to see if the detailing will be identical once re-crafted.
post #1904 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

To quote my SA, "Allen Edmonds now employs a few Italian cobblers just for re-crafting of the Seven & Italian collection". I'll check with him today, to see if the detailing will be identical once re-crafted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

That's interesting to hear. I hope he is right. Edward up at the outlet indicated that they weren't re-craftable simply because they weren't made in the AE factory in the US, which made sense to me. However, since they are a goodyear welted shoe, they certainly can be re-soled by any competent cobbler. It still worries me that any significant change (to include re-soling) will ruin the otherwise perfect fitting shoe for my far from perfect feet (on the wide side-between D and E, right foot wider than the left, high instep, etc.).

Are you sure the Seven shoes are welted and not Blake stitched? I only ask because it seems most Italian shoes are Blake stitched.

Also, is there anywhere online to view and purchase them?
post #1905 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

To quote my SA, "Allen Edmonds now employs a few Italian cobblers just for re-crafting of the Seven & Italian collection". I'll check with him today, to see if the detailing will be identical once re-crafted.

That'd be great. Look forward to hearing what he says. It's certainly encouraging to know that I can get them re-crafted by the original mfr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post

Are you sure the Seven shoes are welted and not Blake stitched? I only ask because it seems most Italian shoes are Blake stitched.
Also, is there anywhere online to view and purchase them?

TBH, I don't know the difference between the two. I'm sure you are right.

Can you tell by looking at the images posted above? If not, let me know what details you need to see and I'll snap some new images for reference.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...