Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/6/16 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 2/9/16 at 5:20pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: Yesterday
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1249post #18721 of 707274/13/13 at 5:41am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18722 of 707274/13/13 at 8:19ampost #18723 of 707274/13/13 at 8:19ampost #18724 of 707274/13/13 at 8:30ampost #18725 of 707274/13/13 at 8:50ampost #18726 of 707274/13/13 at 9:32amQuote:Originally Posted by englade321
I just came over here looking for info @ some shoes im interested in and i find you guys messing around with SHELL CORDOVAN . Do you guys have any idea how dangerous that stuff is ! You can never have enough . If you fret about spending $300 on shoes now you aint seen nothing. Mess with that stuff and you'll find yourself dropping $750 a pop and you'll be looking at another pair you gotta have while they'r still in the mail Dont take my word for it. Go lurk around the alden thread . Those poor guys got problems . Not only is the stuff outrageously priced .Its hard to find . Just when you realize you cant live without that pair of color4 captoe boots w/commando soles you find they'r all sold out and the manufacturer dosen't when if ever they will ever be made again . This is no way to live . You just stay away from that stuff you be a lot happier and certainly a lot wealthier . Dont say you wern't warned
Funny that you should mention that boot. Guess what was waiting for me when I got home from work last night? I bagged another unicorn although not a #4, still hunting that one:
The Townley, provided all is well with it and I assume it will be, will be my 14th AE shell footwear. It takes a lot of years to collect them but then again it can with Alden too. My preference is AE for several reasons. In addition to the vision of the CEO customer service is one of the top reasons. From what I can tell CS is something that you work up to at AE, not exactly a common situation in US Manufacturing but I wish it was a lot more common.
I saw my first shell shoe in the display window of the Exchange on the base in San Diego back in the late 70's, a black cherry wingtip. I stood there and stared at it for a long time. It cost a months pay as an E-squat but I swore that someday I would own it. It took a lot of years, taking care of the mortgage, bills, retirement fund, and the family needs always came first. And I'm glad to see others on here do the same. It wasn't until fairly recently that I found myself where I could start collecting shell. Yes it is addicting! AE as a company ultimately stands for most of the things I believe in so it will always be the place I turn to first. But for boots and #4 shell the hunting is kind of thin out there. Here is my unicorn that will never be beat when all is said and done:
The fact that they are Allen Edmonds makes it even better IMO.Quote:Originally Posted by luvdabass
Thought I would post a few pics of my shoes. The darker brown/chili shoe is To Boot. The rest are AE.
Black McAllister, Walnut McClain, Burnished Walnut Rutledge.
That is a beautiful collection of shoes! Well Done.post #18727 of 707274/13/13 at 10:40ampost #18728 of 707274/13/13 at 1:12pmpost #18729 of 707274/13/13 at 1:13pmQuote:
The Rutledge looks much better here than on their site. Will make a note to examine them more closely at my next retail store visit. I have too many blacks and need to diversify. The chili To Boot looks nice also.post #18730 of 707274/13/13 at 1:24pmpost #18731 of 707274/13/13 at 2:10pmpost #18732 of 707274/13/13 at 2:26pm
Got an email from my girl at AE. Here are the deals coming up for the sale:
brown linen, brown/navy
black, chili, walnut
Getting a black McTavish for casual wear! In my opinion this is the smart mans way to buy shoes.
Cheers gents!post #18733 of 707274/13/13 at 2:42pmpost #18734 of 707274/13/13 at 2:55pmpost #18735 of 707274/13/13 at 3:16pm
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › 3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts... 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 10 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 10 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 12 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 17 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 18 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...