Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 10:32 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 123post #1831 of 7073712/26/11 at 2:38pmpost #1832 of 7073712/26/11 at 2:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bateman87
What do you guys think of the Macneil in this color for $175?
I like them! The contrast stiching makes the shoe, imo.
I would lace them regular though. The lacing style in the photo is better suited to a balmoral.post #1833 of 7073712/26/11 at 4:41pmpost #1834 of 7073712/26/11 at 5:09pm
Bought a pair of the Sandlots today for $50 - my 4th pair of AEs in as many months. I'm not a baseball fan, but picked up a pair with my home town's logo anyway. I honestly just love how they look enough to ignore that they're Dominican made, cemented shoes. They'll be a good drop-in for the Ashburys when I wear shorts, or just don't want to wear boots.
In other news, my *replacement* Strands are doing worse than the ones they replaced. The SF store replaced my 2-month-old Strands due to a bad heel. One of the shoes from the new pair has wrinkly / cracked leather on the medial quarters (e.g. my inside ankle) after a single wear. Also, the broguing of that same part is not aligned correctly, neither my other pair nor the other shoe from this same pair has had these problems.post #1835 of 7073712/26/11 at 11:36pmpost #1836 of 7073712/27/11 at 6:02ampost #1837 of 7073712/27/11 at 6:11ampost #1838 of 7073712/27/11 at 6:20ampost #1839 of 7073712/27/11 at 6:45ampost #1840 of 7073712/27/11 at 7:41ampost #1841 of 7073712/27/11 at 7:45amQuote:
Unless you're already wearing a EEE, in which case, go up half a size in length. Unfortunately, this makes these shoes *very* long. It kind of works on the Ashbury, being a boot, but I'm scared to think how Lombards would look...post #1842 of 7073712/27/11 at 7:54ampost #1843 of 7073712/27/11 at 8:22am
The 2 last is a beast that I haven't been able to figure out yet. Normally the 5 last fits me like a glove (park aves, strands, macneils) and some have said that the 2 fits similarly, but I found that hasn't been the case.
The Van Ness, on the executive last is extremely narrow throughout the shoe from opening to toe, and it seems a little shorter than the 5.
The Player's shoe on the other hand feels a good bit longer than the 5 and feels too loose in the instep and heel for me. I know part of it is because the Player's is a blucher and suede may be more flexible, but the differences between the 2 shouldn't be that great.
Really wish I could fit a chocolate players though
Anyway, anyone out there with Steinbok pics (and also a description of fit compared to the 5) ?! Very tempting at the price right now for a casual shoe.post #1844 of 7073712/27/11 at 8:31amQuote:
The 2 last just sucks fit-wise, which sucks because AE makes a lot of good-looking shoes on the last. I also think the executive rubber dress sole is about the best looking rubber sole on a dress shoe that I've seen. I tried sizing up, and that didn't work. I guess going out in width is an option, but I found that the toe box was the problem area. I assume sizing up in width would cause the heel to be too big. I'd be interested in hearing if going down in length and up in width on the 2 last has actually worked for someone.post #1845 of 7073712/27/11 at 1:09pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › DROP MAR 22 █ FIRESALE --- MAKE ME OFFERS!!! █ NWT Corneliani for... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › DROP MAR 22 █ FIRESALE --- MAKE ME OFFERS!!! █ Sizes 40S and 40R █... 1 minute ago
- › DROP MAR 22 █ FIRESALE --- MAKE ME OFFERS!!! █ Sizes 44L, 46R, 46L,... 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 7 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...