Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/6/16 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 2/9/16 at 5:20pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 2/10/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1203post #18031 of 707313/28/13 at 5:24pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18032 of 707313/28/13 at 5:33pmpost #18033 of 707313/28/13 at 6:19pmpost #18034 of 707313/28/13 at 6:22pmQuote:
They are Meermin; Rui last.
AE 1 and 5 lasts 12D, good fit, but could not go any narrower
AE 8 last, 12D, a little too narrow and uncomfortable as my foot swells.
Meermin Rui last, 11UK, a pretty good fit, but wide enough that I wonder if I should have sized down another 1/2 size to a 10.5UK.
The Rui last is definitely wider than AE's 5 last and is pretty spot on for anyone who is on the border between a D and E width.post #18035 of 707313/28/13 at 6:24pmpost #18036 of 707313/28/13 at 6:50pmQuote:
They look like bowling shoes. Goodyear welted, Made in the USA bowling shoes but still, bowling shoes.post #18037 of 707313/28/13 at 6:53pmpost #18038 of 707313/28/13 at 8:48pmpost #18039 of 707313/28/13 at 9:04pmpost #18040 of 707313/28/13 at 9:19pmpost #18041 of 707313/28/13 at 11:04pmQuote:
That's a little strong, don't you think? They will be pretty hard to pull off without looking like you are trying really hard, but I don't think anyone will mistake them as bowling shoes!post #18042 of 707313/29/13 at 12:21ampost #18043 of 707313/29/13 at 4:22amQuote:Quote:
If I remember correctly, you should be pretty safe to try on the Kenilworth (or any of the shoes that have had reported bowing issues) and see how they look and feel. If they look and feel good, take them home and do your indoor break-in method, wearing them for at least 3-4 sessions around your house for a few hours each (on different days). If they still look good and feel good, you should be in the clear. The bowing issue seems to be a problem from when they are new, rather than a problem that develops over time (assuming you are giving them proper care and keeping shoe trees in them). I'm strictly saying this from observation and from some data gathered from a previous question, so don't take that as gospel, but I posed the question some time ago, and all of the responses indicated that they purchased the shoes that way if I remember correctly.post #18044 of 707313/29/13 at 4:52amQuote:Originally Posted by hybrid
Just got a new set of McAllisters in the mail directly from AE, and noticed what appears to be some deformities on the outer sides of the shoes. On the left shoe it has noticeable wrinkling in several areas (as if the leather was attached improperly or something), and on the right shoe there is a noticeable bulge in the leather. Attached are photos.
Is this normal, or should I send these back and ask for an exchange?
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this yet because this thread is quite long and I haven't read all the responses but it looks like in your second picture that the bottom strip is overlapping the top one and I'm not sure it's supposed to do that looking at other pictures of this shoe. I'm sure I'm not using the correct terminology but see my attachment and you'll know what I mean. That's probably causing the leather to not sit correctly in other areas of the shoe.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 13 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › New T-Shirt design 2 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 3 minutes ago
- › Balmoral Boot Porn 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 10 minutes ago
- › Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and... 14 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 14 minutes ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?