Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 11/25/15 at 5:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 11/25/15 at 6:47am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1203
Styleforum Top Picks
They are Meermin; Rui last.
AE 1 and 5 lasts 12D, good fit, but could not go any narrower
AE 8 last, 12D, a little too narrow and uncomfortable as my foot swells.
Meermin Rui last, 11UK, a pretty good fit, but wide enough that I wonder if I should have sized down another 1/2 size to a 10.5UK.
The Rui last is definitely wider than AE's 5 last and is pretty spot on for anyone who is on the border between a D and E width.
They look like bowling shoes. Goodyear welted, Made in the USA bowling shoes but still, bowling shoes.
That's a little strong, don't you think? They will be pretty hard to pull off without looking like you are trying really hard, but I don't think anyone will mistake them as bowling shoes!
If I remember correctly, you should be pretty safe to try on the Kenilworth (or any of the shoes that have had reported bowing issues) and see how they look and feel. If they look and feel good, take them home and do your indoor break-in method, wearing them for at least 3-4 sessions around your house for a few hours each (on different days). If they still look good and feel good, you should be in the clear. The bowing issue seems to be a problem from when they are new, rather than a problem that develops over time (assuming you are giving them proper care and keeping shoe trees in them). I'm strictly saying this from observation and from some data gathered from a previous question, so don't take that as gospel, but I posed the question some time ago, and all of the responses indicated that they purchased the shoes that way if I remember correctly.
Just got a new set of McAllisters in the mail directly from AE, and noticed what appears to be some deformities on the outer sides of the shoes. On the left shoe it has noticeable wrinkling in several areas (as if the leather was attached improperly or something), and on the right shoe there is a noticeable bulge in the leather. Attached are photos.
Is this normal, or should I send these back and ask for an exchange?
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this yet because this thread is quite long and I haven't read all the responses but it looks like in your second picture that the bottom strip is overlapping the top one and I'm not sure it's supposed to do that looking at other pictures of this shoe. I'm sure I'm not using the correct terminology but see my attachment and you'll know what I mean. That's probably causing the leather to not sit correctly in other areas of the shoe.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Leather Quality and Properties 14 seconds ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 51 seconds ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Experiencing technical difficulties or have questions about... 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › Ferre Shoes 10 minutes ago
- › Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the... 12 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 14 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories