I wish they had some in 12 D
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 9:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1180post #17686 of 707373/20/13 at 7:12pmpost #17687 of 707373/20/13 at 7:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cold Iron
Congrats! I have come close to getting a deer bone but have always been able to work things out with brushing, a little wax, reno, and did I mention brushing? As far as boning your shoes and your girlfriend catching you, can't help you LOL. But the deer bone is from a stag in Europe and good chance it was raised for food. But then again the horse hide provided for your shoe was likely from Europe also, and the horse was eaten. Of course you don't have to tell her any of this. Now you just need to train her to say all great recipes start with first you cook a pound of bacon.... Pictures of your new shoes when you get them please!
Cambridges arrived! They are much darker than the red plastic-like photos on the Allen Edmonds site; more like chocolate.
Will look for replacement laces. The stock thin waxed laces feel like they would garrote through the holes if I yank on them hard enough. Any lace recommendations?post #17688 of 707373/20/13 at 7:58pm
My black shell PA were waiting for me when I got home tonight. Stripped off a ton of cream and brushing them for as long as I have tells me I still have a lot more work to do on them before they get a few thin coats of Saphir blue polish. Also need to wear them for awhile first to work out any bloom that may be in the shell. In a week or so hope to have them ready to post pictures.Quote:Originally Posted by delmar
I just got a new pair of Cambridge seconds delivered today. They look like firsts to me--no flaws I would've complained about. I'll include a photo side-by-side with an old McNeil to compare the different shades of cordovan. The new ones look darker.
Outstanding pickup delmar! And nice comparison shots.
I still don't own a LWB and between you and bucksfan now know what I'm going to get. On the Alden thread someone posted a link to ebay for a pair of LWB in whiskey that are in my size, a very rare and desirable shoe. My first thought was that of the lion taking down the zebra which TheSizzle posted and I almost pounced on them. But thinking it through.... burgundy shell is as classic as it gets. I have enough brown shoes and boots (for now) and according to those on the Alden thread exotic shell colors will not even exist this year. But has anyone tried to buy a burgundy colored belt in the last 5 years? You can find them but you have to work for it, they are all brown or black for the most part. Burgundy shoes or #8 is less common than brown in shoe color overall. And there is just something about #8 that is "right". The fact that it pairs with almost everything doesn't hurt either. The MacNeil in burgundy shell is at the top of my list right now. Thanks for posting yours. And great Cambridge's!post #17689 of 707373/20/13 at 8:30pmQuote:What did you do to shine them? They look great!Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy
Yesterday these arrived. A pair of burgundy Van Ness. My wife was in Raleigh North Carolina, and visited an AE Outlet. They had a sale going on and she picked these up for me for only $129. They are first quality. The pics below all have a flash, except for the last pic. I shined them last evening. The sole is like none that I have on any of my other 16 pairs of AE's. Can anyone tell me much about this sole?post #17690 of 707373/20/13 at 9:44pmQuote:
Any idea how much they are?post #17691 of 707373/20/13 at 10:22pmpost #17692 of 707373/20/13 at 11:25pmQuote:
Allen Edmonds recontinued them, as they're back up:
i was told by someone at AE that they are MTO. It does look like they do keep some of the most common sizes in stock, but most say 3 - 5 or 6 - 8 weeks.post #17693 of 707373/21/13 at 3:10am
I applied one coat of venetian creme to condition them. Then I applied a coat of lincoln marine cordovan wax polish. I used dabs of hot water, and small circles to buff off the wax, and bring about a high shine. I applied a second coat to the captoe only. I then buffed the entire shoe with my shine cloth. All those pics have a flash, except the last, it was natural light.
I have had comments before on here about the high shine I have on my shoes. Maybe I should go into the shine business...post #17694 of 707373/21/13 at 4:46amQuote:
Still on my year-long shoe-buying moratorium, but when I'm done I'll use the money I've saved to custom-order a hyper-narrow burgundy shell MacNeil... presuming I don't find one on eBay between now and then. It just seems like the quintessential American shoe.post #17695 of 707373/21/13 at 4:54amQuote:where do I look?post #17696 of 707373/21/13 at 5:05amQuote:is this it?Originally Posted by Cold Iron
Instead of the shoebank contact the Jeffersonville Oh. outlet. They have a sale till 4/30 with 20% off one item. And have access to everything that the shoebank does. And have always responded to my emails.
Allen Edmonds Jeffersonville
8665 Factory Shops Blvd.
Jeffersonville OH 43128
phone (740) 948 9033
firstname.lastname@example.org #17697 of 707373/21/13 at 5:39amQuote:Originally Posted by frogwash
At first, I was told it would be six to eight weeks for replacement, since the Fifth Streets are now MTO. However, they were made immediately and overnighted. I should have them today, along with a pair of shoe trees and some polish.
My Black & Orange Neumoks will be here tomorrow, so it's like Christmas in March!
Now that's the great customer service I've come to expect! Hope this pair works out well for you.post #17698 of 707373/21/13 at 6:35ampost #17699 of 707373/21/13 at 6:43amRiverhead is running that 20% off promotion as well. I believe any AE outlet that's located at a Tanger is running the promotion, because Tanger is having 20% off coupons (they don't stack, can't be used on clearance). I remember that the deals coincided last time those coupons were out as well.post #17700 of 707373/21/13 at 7:04am
Where can I find some of the vintage Allen Edmond shoes? And part two is finding size 14D that has been hard to find as well. Any help you can give would be great. Especially if you know any sites i might be able to find those size 14's
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 1 second ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafè Wholecut in Black Calf UK 6 BNIB 11 minutes ago
- › Cordings of piccadilly 23 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 25 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 25 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 31 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 36 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 37 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...