I live in the Tiny Kingdom but never been to Harrison. Will have to check that out next time I am over at Dram.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 3:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1177post #17641 of 707373/19/13 at 8:06pmpost #17642 of 707373/19/13 at 9:19pmQuote:
When Mr. Strandmok gets here, he's gonna go ape...post #17643 of 707373/19/13 at 11:18pmpost #17644 of 707373/19/13 at 11:18pmpost #17645 of 707373/20/13 at 4:11am
Yesterday these arrived. A pair of burgundy Van Ness. My wife was in Raleigh North Carolina, and visited an AE Outlet. They had a sale going on and she picked these up for me for only $129. They are first quality. The pics below all have a flash, except for the last pic. I shined them last evening. The sole is like none that I have on any of my other 16 pairs of AE's. Can anyone tell me much about this sole?post #17646 of 707373/20/13 at 4:17amQuote:This looks like the Executive Rubber Sole. I believe I have this on my Lombards and Presidios (though I don't have these anymore). These are both 2-last shoes. Not sure if there is any correlation there.Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy
Yesterday these arrived. A pair of burgundy Van Ness. My wife was in Raleigh North Carolina, and visited an AE Outlet. They had a sale going on and she picked these up for me for only $129. They are first quality. The pics below all have a flash, except for the last pic. I shined them last evening. The sole is like none that I have on any of my other 16 pairs of AE's. Can anyone tell me much about this sole?
They are a nice discreet rubber sole. They seem to be hard-wearing so far. They offer slightly more traction than a leather sole, but don't expect the traction of a mini-lug in snowpost #17647 of 707373/20/13 at 4:21amQuote:Originally Posted by PerCC
I have a question for you Dalton owners.
I'm an 8.5E in my McAllisters and Strands, and they fit very well. I got a list of 9D seconds just for kicks, and boy are there a TON of more shoes in that size, including a pair of Daltons. I've never tried on the Daltons, and I'm curious if I could make a 9D on the 1 last work. Plus that's my last name, so there's some definite bias.
Any input on the fit is appreciated. I might go try them on at the local store, but I'm in public accounting and can only do errands like that on Sundays
There are a good number of guys who "size down" for their 5-last shoes, since it is longer than other lasts (particularly the loafer lasts). I say give it a shot - 9d is the size that AE uses for all their samples and test runs, that's why there are a lot of shoes available. You just missed a REALLY good deal on cordovan patriots in 9D... and there are 9D cappuccino cordovan McAllisters at the Jeffersonville outlet (or, at least they were there last week, before I posted about them here).
As for the Daltons specifically, I would be more apt to "size up" like you are considering with boots, as you will likely be wearing them in winter, potentially with thicker socks. I did that with my bayfield boots, though in my case the width is where I sized up. Give it a shot, but don't fool yourself into thinking that something fits when it really doesn't - that's a recipe for having a great pair of shoes that you never wear...post #17648 of 707373/20/13 at 4:23amQuote:Originally Posted by msulinski
This looks like the Executive Rubber Sole. I believe I have this on my Lombards and Presidios (though I don't have these anymore). These are both 2-last shoes. Not sure if there is any correlation there.
They are a nice discreet rubber sole. They seem to be hard-wearing so far. They offer slightly more traction than a leather sole, but don't expect the traction of a mini-lug in snow
Great find! Classic design, and a sole that is very hard-wearing, and perfect for wet weather. I had a pair for a brief period of time in black. They are on the 2-last, which was the death knell for me and my wide-ish feet.post #17649 of 707373/20/13 at 4:57ampost #17650 of 707373/20/13 at 5:26ampost #17651 of 707373/20/13 at 5:43ampost #17652 of 707373/20/13 at 5:44ampost #17653 of 707373/20/13 at 5:49amQuote:
I have my eyes on the Medalist which I will be getting, however before I pull the trigger, I am going to see what the new line looks like. Another damn week to wait to see what they look like... blah.post #17654 of 707373/20/13 at 5:50ampost #17655 of 707373/20/13 at 7:02amQuote:Originally Posted by frogwash
I just wanted to let everyone know that my issue is being addressed and AE has gone above and beyond to make everything right. While errors were made and things happened that shouldn't have, they genuinely do care abut the customers and all is well again. I'll be happily adding to AE collection for many years to come!
That's great news to hear! I have always been able to look past any problems with AE's products because of their wonderful customer service that always seems to step up and come through in the end. Are they sending you a new pair then?
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 1 minute ago
- › UNDERCOVER JUN TAKAHASHI 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › What stereo(s) do you listen to? What do you want? 6 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 14 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 17 minutes ago
- › The small feet thread: sharing sizing and fits, and where to get... 17 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 21 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 23 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...