Edited by hexagon - 3/6/13 at 9:02pm
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 10/11/16 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 10/21/16 at 7:25pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1130post #16936 of 707373/6/13 at 7:55pmpost #16937 of 707373/6/13 at 8:06pmQuote:
I need some brown suede shoes as well and can't decide between the Player or the Quinton. Would you guys recommend any in particular?
Edited by hexagon - 3/6/13 at 9:15pmpost #16938 of 707373/6/13 at 9:08pmpost #16939 of 707373/6/13 at 9:11pmpost #16940 of 707373/6/13 at 9:35pmpost #16941 of 707373/6/13 at 10:05pm
Hi, can anyone comment on my post below? TIA!Quote:Originally Posted by presto987
Hi there! New member of this forum, though I've been lurking for a while.
This thread led me to buy my first pair of AEs about a year and a half ago - a pair of black Fifth Avenues. Before that, I had never spent more than $50 on a pair of dress shoes.
This past December, I bought 2 more pairs during the post-Christmas sales at Nordstrom and Brooks Brothers. I have concerns with both pairs, and would appreciate some feedback!
1) AE McAllisters (burgundy) from Brooks Brothers: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Leather-Wingtips/MH00216,default,pd.html
Since this uses the same last as the Fifth Avenue, I was expecting this to fit as well as the Fifths. But because this is the Brooks Brothers version with a different sole, my foot doesn't sit as deeply in the shoe. As a result, I'm finding the shoes very tight and get heel slippage on one of my feet. Is this something that will resolve itself as I break the shoes in? Or should I give up and return them?
2) AE Cliftons (brown) from Nordstrom: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/allen-edmonds-clifton-oxford/3158930
The leather on one shoe appears to have some graining or lining (not sure what to call it) in particular areas but not throughout the shoe. The other shoe does not have this graining but has wrinkles in the leather in one area. See pictures of both below. Are these things normal, or should I try to exchange for another pair?
Thanks in advance!!post #16942 of 707373/6/13 at 11:33pm
I just sent the following email to the shoebank (firstname.lastname@example.org). Will post the reply when I receive it.
Some readers of the Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread on styleforum.net have questions about the sale(s) going on right now and I'd like to get a list of available models in my size.
1. Is the 2 for $250 sale limited to discontinued/closeout models?
2. Is the 2 for $250 only for seconds or are there first quality shoes as well?
3. Can we add the $35 discount for the Soles4Souls promotion to the 2 for $250 deal if we donate 2 pairs of shoes?
I'm looking for a list of closeout and seconds for 9.5E and 9.5EE...
Thanks and have a blessed day!
==================================================post #16943 of 707373/7/13 at 6:07ampost #16944 of 707373/7/13 at 6:13ampost #16945 of 707373/7/13 at 6:18amQuote:Quote:
I would definitely rock 5th Aves with a suit. Maybe chinos depending on the color and dressy-ness. Probably jeans as well depending on the overall outfit. My $.02post #16946 of 707373/7/13 at 6:19ampost #16947 of 707373/7/13 at 6:23ampost #16948 of 707373/7/13 at 7:08ampost #16949 of 707373/7/13 at 7:47ampost #16950 of 707373/7/13 at 7:50amQuote:Quote:Quote:
I think they would work with many suits, all trousers (as long as they color goes well), and they could go with chinos depending on the look you are trying to achieve. Depending on the quality of the chinos, I think they could be used to dress up the pants if you pair them with a good belt and perhaps a business casual shirt with or without a similarly casual sport coat or sweater that complements the chinos.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Crusty's "What I wore on this Date in History" - a walk down memory... 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 13 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 17 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 23 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 26 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 32 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 34 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 34 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...