But if you read closely, the shoe they had to switch to chocolate was the mcgraw loafer. I'm not sure I want very dark loafers.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/6/16 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 2/9/16 at 5:20pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: Yesterday
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1129
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16922 of 707243/6/13 at 5:14pmQuote:
That would be my mistake. I just saw that one of the shoes had to be switched, and between quick reading and a few colors being throw in, I got "frazzled". I was wondering why you used the word "loafer," but it makes a lot more sense now. They'll be great.post #16923 of 707243/6/13 at 5:36pmpost #16924 of 707243/6/13 at 5:43pmpost #16925 of 707243/6/13 at 6:03pmpost #16926 of 707243/6/13 at 6:15pmpost #16927 of 707243/6/13 at 6:23pmpost #16928 of 707243/6/13 at 6:44pmpost #16929 of 707243/6/13 at 6:44pmpost #16930 of 707243/6/13 at 6:45pmQuote:
Someone said "discontinued" for the 2 for $250. I have not talked to anyone at AE, but that makes sense to me. They have previously done 2 for $200 on discontinued models. The really awesome part is that these did not necessarily have to be seconds. I got two Italian shoes last time and had the Quintons (returned them - kind of regret it). They look like firsts to me.
This is different than seconds of current models.
But shoot them an email and ask!post #16931 of 707243/6/13 at 6:55pmsomeone wanted to see my "modified" Jos A Bank shoe racks (same as the AE ones). Sorry for the small pics, but I'm just uploading to photobucket from my Android. Not worried about the quality! LOL. . .
Anyway, i went to the hardware store and bought dowels about the same thickness as the connecting dowels. With a coping saw I cut them about 1.5" longer than the originals. This left me with just about an inch of space in between each rack. If I had to do it over again, I probably would have added an extra inch, still.
here's a closeup of the spacing:
And several rows:
AE actually sells spacers made of cedar to add space, but they don't have them at Jos A Bank (and hence I can't get the at 70% off) so I didn't bother with them.
Hope this helps someone who needs more headspace in these racks!
-Jamespost #16932 of 707243/6/13 at 6:58pmIMO, the Malvern does not fit TTS. I had to size up half a size to get a good fit in the toe box. The rubber sole is very well done and does not detract from the look of the shoe. The only negative I would have about the soe is that I had to send back the first pair of Malverns I got due to the rubber heel covering coming loose. I've had them about a year now, and the same issue is happening to the second pair.post #16933 of 707243/6/13 at 7:17pmpost #16934 of 707243/6/13 at 7:51pmpost #16935 of 707243/6/13 at 7:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by masernaut
On the 2 for $250 sale, I didn't find much of note. I know one or two individuals on Reddit snagged a pair of Shell Dundees (7.5 & 11.5). The only boots I noticed were chukkas; Amok/Malvern/Katmai. The Italian loafers are on the list as well. If anyone is interested, here's the lists for 9D/9E/9.5D/9.5E/10B from the Shoe Bank. They're about a day or two old. I would still suggest shooting an e-mail in case they've added a wider selection to the list.
I remember someone was looking to snag a pair of Player's, well, this is your chance! They're on the list!
I forgot to thank you for uploading these earlier!
Edited by hexagon - 3/6/13 at 9:08pm
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 10 seconds ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Junya Watanabe FW06 Rebuild blazer parka (L) 2 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 5 minutes ago
- › Please Critique My Shirt 8 minutes ago
- › Articles of Style shop? 10 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...