But if you read closely, the shoe they had to switch to chocolate was the mcgraw loafer. I'm not sure I want very dark loafers.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/31/17 at 1:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:14 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1129post #16921 of 707373/6/13 at 5:13pmpost #16922 of 707373/6/13 at 5:14pmQuote:
That would be my mistake. I just saw that one of the shoes had to be switched, and between quick reading and a few colors being throw in, I got "frazzled". I was wondering why you used the word "loafer," but it makes a lot more sense now. They'll be great.post #16923 of 707373/6/13 at 5:36pmpost #16924 of 707373/6/13 at 5:43pmpost #16925 of 707373/6/13 at 6:03pm
I think I actually need to exchange my Yumas. I've only worn them 3 times and they are developing a gnarly ridge in the sole where the balls of my feet rest. Really uncomfortable to walk in, actually. Hopefully this isn't a consistent problem with these boots!post #16926 of 707373/6/13 at 6:15pmpost #16927 of 707373/6/13 at 6:23pmpost #16928 of 707373/6/13 at 6:44pmpost #16929 of 707373/6/13 at 6:44pmpost #16930 of 707373/6/13 at 6:45pmQuote:
Someone said "discontinued" for the 2 for $250. I have not talked to anyone at AE, but that makes sense to me. They have previously done 2 for $200 on discontinued models. The really awesome part is that these did not necessarily have to be seconds. I got two Italian shoes last time and had the Quintons (returned them - kind of regret it). They look like firsts to me.
This is different than seconds of current models.
But shoot them an email and ask!post #16931 of 707373/6/13 at 6:55pmsomeone wanted to see my "modified" Jos A Bank shoe racks (same as the AE ones). Sorry for the small pics, but I'm just uploading to photobucket from my Android. Not worried about the quality! LOL. . .
Anyway, i went to the hardware store and bought dowels about the same thickness as the connecting dowels. With a coping saw I cut them about 1.5" longer than the originals. This left me with just about an inch of space in between each rack. If I had to do it over again, I probably would have added an extra inch, still.
here's a closeup of the spacing:
And several rows:
AE actually sells spacers made of cedar to add space, but they don't have them at Jos A Bank (and hence I can't get the at 70% off) so I didn't bother with them.
Hope this helps someone who needs more headspace in these racks!
-Jamespost #16932 of 707373/6/13 at 6:58pmIMO, the Malvern does not fit TTS. I had to size up half a size to get a good fit in the toe box. The rubber sole is very well done and does not detract from the look of the shoe. The only negative I would have about the soe is that I had to send back the first pair of Malverns I got due to the rubber heel covering coming loose. I've had them about a year now, and the same issue is happening to the second pair.post #16933 of 707373/6/13 at 7:17pmpost #16934 of 707373/6/13 at 7:51pmpost #16935 of 707373/6/13 at 7:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by masernaut
On the 2 for $250 sale, I didn't find much of note. I know one or two individuals on Reddit snagged a pair of Shell Dundees (7.5 & 11.5). The only boots I noticed were chukkas; Amok/Malvern/Katmai. The Italian loafers are on the list as well. If anyone is interested, here's the lists for 9D/9E/9.5D/9.5E/10B from the Shoe Bank. They're about a day or two old. I would still suggest shooting an e-mail in case they've added a wider selection to the list.
I remember someone was looking to snag a pair of Player's, well, this is your chance! They're on the list!
I forgot to thank you for uploading these earlier!
Edited by hexagon - 3/6/13 at 9:08pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Eidos Napoli 53 seconds ago
- › Does my suit fit well? 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Suit sleeve length 11 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 14 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 17 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...