Bourbon is a color with various shades on purpose. It will age to a nice patina. As far as different widths, I have not experienced this with any AE shoes I've owned. Are you sure about this? it's also possible that your feet are different widths.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:20 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- How do shoe care kit I can build myself?Last edited: 1/28/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1111post #16651 of 705533/1/13 at 7:51amQuote:
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16652 of 705533/1/13 at 8:02amQuote:Originally Posted by MacktasticGDogg
I thought the navy suede Strands looked pretty normal. The other three Web Gems are kind of out there, mainly due to the pink stitching on the brown and purple ones, and the shade of green used on the green one. Since I love the color purple, I am kind of intrigued by the purple suede Strand, but I have no idea how I'd wear purple shoes.
Since I have blue Neumoks, I would get the purple before the blue. Honestly, you would be surprised how awesome they would look at night. Jeans with a button down/sports coat, I feel would be the best way to pull those off. Other than that, I would wear them on a casual day in the office with the appropriate outfit, but I would also wear them with a few different pairs of casual pants that I have... gray/slate colored pants.
I almost purchased a pair of Cole Haans in that color just because the color is so bad ass and they looks awesome with raw denim.
The strands are a much better choice IMOQuote:
Thats nothing a little brown polish can't fix, I wouldn't worry about it.post #16653 of 705533/1/13 at 8:31amQuote:
It seems to me that you are unhappy with the shoes so why not just return them be done with it. You have already said "I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather enjoy the far superior product you can get for the additional $250 or so."
Simply put if you are not happy with the shoes return them to Allen Edmonds and find a company that you do like. Life is too short to worry about a company or product you don't like. :twocents"post #16654 of 705533/1/13 at 9:53ampost #16655 of 705533/1/13 at 10:26ampost #16656 of 705533/1/13 at 12:38pmQuote:
There's no stitching on the toe. That's kind of the point of wholecuts.
If you're talking about the brogueing, I like it. But then again, I own the Fairfax in Chili and love them. Wouldn't ever wear them with jeans, though.post #16657 of 705533/1/13 at 1:13pmQuote:
broguing looks like genitalia if you ask me.post #16658 of 705533/1/13 at 2:02pmSaw the new Franciscan today in the flesh at the Philadelphia store. Definitely NOT my bag.
On a different note, I was there to pick up my walnut Players which I had sent in to get re-soled. I continue to be nothing but impressed with AE's re-crafting process, and it's a large part of why I buy AE shoes.post #16659 of 705533/1/13 at 2:11pmpost #16660 of 705533/1/13 at 2:13pmpost #16661 of 705533/1/13 at 2:15pmpost #16662 of 705533/1/13 at 2:19pmpost #16663 of 705533/1/13 at 2:21pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by jjr4884
Ya that pic was from a while ago. Honestly, I know they are "Cole Haan" like but there are a few I would wear all day long. The blue/purple suede strands are a great casual shoe. I don't understand what everyone has an issue with, last year someone posted a pic of (almost) the same shoe, a blue Alden suede wingtip with a very light natural sole. Perfect casual shoe for spring/summer and I think they could be dressed up a little more than you would expect as well.
In the back, I see what it looks like (from left to right) a cappucinno chukka, a few to the right is a rust colored one, and then the off white ones that I will definitely get for summer. Are those the Amoks or the Dundees? Whichever they are, I've tried them both on, super light, super comfortable.
Good eye and I think you are correct. The Dundee is a 3 eye chukka and the Amok has only 2 eyes so looks like several Dundee's in suede. And the cappucinno shell Dundee.Quote:
It was. But I do know where a pair of walnut shell Dalton's are at an AE store (or were a few weeks ago) that never sold in 10D if your interested and they fit. Pretty sure they want full list price for them.post #16664 of 705533/1/13 at 2:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by elbastardocalvo
Saw the new Franciscan today in the flesh at the Philadelphia store. Definitely NOT my bag.
On a different note, I was there to pick up my walnut Players which I had sent in to get re-soled. I continue to be nothing but impressed with AE's re-crafting process, and it's a large part of why I buy AE shoes.
This might be a silly question, but is there still a way to buy a pair of new walnut Players? I love the look of the walnut wingtip blucher. I actually really really wanted a pair of the RL Sandersons but missed the boat on that sale and even at the seconds price of $260, they don't have any in my size. The Players shoe would definitely fill that void for me, but I guess it's discontinued?post #16665 of 705533/1/13 at 3:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by BackInTheJox
This might be a silly question, but is there still a way to buy a pair of new walnut Players? I love the look of the walnut wingtip blucher. I actually really really wanted a pair of the RL Sandersons but missed the boat on that sale and even at the seconds price of $260, they don't have any in my size. The Players shoe would definitely fill that void for me, but I guess it's discontinued?
I'd call the Shoebank first. They may have some 2nds still available. The next option would be Nordstrom Rack or eBay.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 44 seconds ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 2 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 2 minutes ago
- › E. Ward painting 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › feragamo used white loafers (buying Decision) 6 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › ITT: We are in middle school again (or early-mid 90s appreciation... 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...