Bourbon is a color with various shades on purpose. It will age to a nice patina. As far as different widths, I have not experienced this with any AE shoes I've owned. Are you sure about this? it's also possible that your feet are different widths.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 4/28/16 at 12:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: Yesterday
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1111post #16651 of 707373/1/13 at 7:51amQuote:post #16652 of 707373/1/13 at 8:02amQuote:Originally Posted by MacktasticGDogg
I thought the navy suede Strands looked pretty normal. The other three Web Gems are kind of out there, mainly due to the pink stitching on the brown and purple ones, and the shade of green used on the green one. Since I love the color purple, I am kind of intrigued by the purple suede Strand, but I have no idea how I'd wear purple shoes.
Since I have blue Neumoks, I would get the purple before the blue. Honestly, you would be surprised how awesome they would look at night. Jeans with a button down/sports coat, I feel would be the best way to pull those off. Other than that, I would wear them on a casual day in the office with the appropriate outfit, but I would also wear them with a few different pairs of casual pants that I have... gray/slate colored pants.
I almost purchased a pair of Cole Haans in that color just because the color is so bad ass and they looks awesome with raw denim.
The strands are a much better choice IMOQuote:
Thats nothing a little brown polish can't fix, I wouldn't worry about it.post #16653 of 707373/1/13 at 8:31amQuote:
It seems to me that you are unhappy with the shoes so why not just return them be done with it. You have already said "I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather enjoy the far superior product you can get for the additional $250 or so."
Simply put if you are not happy with the shoes return them to Allen Edmonds and find a company that you do like. Life is too short to worry about a company or product you don't like. :twocents"post #16654 of 707373/1/13 at 9:53ampost #16655 of 707373/1/13 at 10:26ampost #16656 of 707373/1/13 at 12:38pmQuote:
There's no stitching on the toe. That's kind of the point of wholecuts.
If you're talking about the brogueing, I like it. But then again, I own the Fairfax in Chili and love them. Wouldn't ever wear them with jeans, though.post #16657 of 707373/1/13 at 1:13pmQuote:
broguing looks like genitalia if you ask me.post #16658 of 707373/1/13 at 2:02pmSaw the new Franciscan today in the flesh at the Philadelphia store. Definitely NOT my bag.
On a different note, I was there to pick up my walnut Players which I had sent in to get re-soled. I continue to be nothing but impressed with AE's re-crafting process, and it's a large part of why I buy AE shoes.post #16659 of 707373/1/13 at 2:11pmpost #16660 of 707373/1/13 at 2:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by TheSizzle
Today, I decided to very subtly give a little burnish to my walnut Sheltons. I think it came out pretty well, without looking like I stood too close to the fire.
Looks great. How'd you do it?post #16661 of 707373/1/13 at 2:15pmpost #16662 of 707373/1/13 at 2:19pmpost #16663 of 707373/1/13 at 2:21pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by jjr4884
Ya that pic was from a while ago. Honestly, I know they are "Cole Haan" like but there are a few I would wear all day long. The blue/purple suede strands are a great casual shoe. I don't understand what everyone has an issue with, last year someone posted a pic of (almost) the same shoe, a blue Alden suede wingtip with a very light natural sole. Perfect casual shoe for spring/summer and I think they could be dressed up a little more than you would expect as well.
In the back, I see what it looks like (from left to right) a cappucinno chukka, a few to the right is a rust colored one, and then the off white ones that I will definitely get for summer. Are those the Amoks or the Dundees? Whichever they are, I've tried them both on, super light, super comfortable.
Good eye and I think you are correct. The Dundee is a 3 eye chukka and the Amok has only 2 eyes so looks like several Dundee's in suede. And the cappucinno shell Dundee.Quote:
It was. But I do know where a pair of walnut shell Dalton's are at an AE store (or were a few weeks ago) that never sold in 10D if your interested and they fit. Pretty sure they want full list price for them.post #16664 of 707373/1/13 at 2:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by elbastardocalvo
Saw the new Franciscan today in the flesh at the Philadelphia store. Definitely NOT my bag.
On a different note, I was there to pick up my walnut Players which I had sent in to get re-soled. I continue to be nothing but impressed with AE's re-crafting process, and it's a large part of why I buy AE shoes.
This might be a silly question, but is there still a way to buy a pair of new walnut Players? I love the look of the walnut wingtip blucher. I actually really really wanted a pair of the RL Sandersons but missed the boat on that sale and even at the seconds price of $260, they don't have any in my size. The Players shoe would definitely fill that void for me, but I guess it's discontinued?post #16665 of 707373/1/13 at 3:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by BackInTheJox
This might be a silly question, but is there still a way to buy a pair of new walnut Players? I love the look of the walnut wingtip blucher. I actually really really wanted a pair of the RL Sandersons but missed the boat on that sale and even at the seconds price of $260, they don't have any in my size. The Players shoe would definitely fill that void for me, but I guess it's discontinued?
I'd call the Shoebank first. They may have some 2nds still available. The next option would be Nordstrom Rack or eBay.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 23 seconds ago
- › The Look goes on... 1 minute ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 4 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 13 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 16 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide