Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/6/16 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 2/9/16 at 5:20pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: Yesterday
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1107post #16591 of 707072/28/13 at 10:31am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16592 of 707072/28/13 at 10:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Touching Cloth
Sorry, new to shell and AE. When people talk about #8 are they referring to the burgundy variety seen here?
Yes that would be correct. The #8 is a numbering system that Horween who supplies the shell uses. It is the most common color of shell in the reddish brown family. There is also #6, #4, and #2 in that color family but they are very rare. Especially #2.post #16593 of 707072/28/13 at 10:57ampost #16594 of 707072/28/13 at 11:13amQuote:
Thank you sir!post #16595 of 707072/28/13 at 11:26amQuote:
No. Did you know you were buying seconds?post #16596 of 707072/28/13 at 11:30ampost #16597 of 707072/28/13 at 12:09pmpost #16598 of 707072/28/13 at 12:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by ckpraxQuote:Originally Posted by catlettsl
What do yall think about these Fairfax's. Not sure about the stitching
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
The shoes look nice although they appear too narrow for your feet. What stitching are you referring to?
Too narrow?? Where...which pic? They felt great on. I was referring to the stiching on the toe of thw shoe.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2post #16599 of 707072/28/13 at 12:19pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:
Wow... whatever they are I want them! The toe shape seems similar to the 8 last with a chili grain leather. Very, very nicepost #16600 of 707072/28/13 at 12:37pmQuote:
This would be funny if it wasn't so serious. Good grief.
You can't make it up ....post #16601 of 707072/28/13 at 12:38pmpost #16602 of 707072/28/13 at 12:40pmpost #16603 of 707072/28/13 at 12:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by cbtaylor
There are 4 new suede Stands up on the website, pretty bold
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Quote:Quote:
Arghhhh!!! I hope this is not the only Webgem for this month. Maybe cappuccino will not be a Webgem, but just a New Arrival?post #16604 of 707072/28/13 at 12:53pmpost #16605 of 707072/28/13 at 12:53pm
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 second ago
- › things that are making you happy 47 seconds ago
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › thoughts on (asking for) price adjustments. 4 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...