Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 3:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1055post #15812 of 707372/13/13 at 9:28amQuote:Originally Posted by Cold Iron
No I haven't, knock on wood. They do push out a lot on my unlined walnut shell Dalton's which I wore yesterday and it used to concern me some that they would cut through to the outside, however after more than a years wear no problems. I have 3 shoe boxes full of insoles I have collected over the years and they are easily the hardest ones. The next hardest ones are an old pair of green superfeet inserts that you cut to length. The harder the insole the better support they provide which is my main concern. When I get around to it I would like to purchase the next size down to see if it helps reduce the tension on the inside of the shoes\boots but still fits the correct position of my arch.
Glad you had a good experience with them then!post #15813 of 707372/13/13 at 9:41am
Thanks! Posted these to give an example of my cap toe preference. these are C&J's HG bal boots: Somerville. Unfortunately my Fifth Streets fell out of my rotation when I picked this pair up.
CB2: Nice Daltons!post #15814 of 707372/13/13 at 9:41amQuote:
Thanks guys. They're still fairly new...just a few wears in.
Other dark chocolate dalton owners...what kind of wax polish do you guys use? All I have is the brown kiwi wax for now.post #15815 of 707372/13/13 at 10:09amQuote:
I've been using the dark brown AE cream polish, with lots of brushing. It's working very well. I also tried the close out mocha color which worked nicely too. Haven't tried a wax yet so i am interested to hear what others say but I suspect it doesn't really matter given how dark the brown of the boot is.post #15816 of 707372/13/13 at 10:43ampost #15817 of 707372/13/13 at 12:49pmpost #15818 of 707372/13/13 at 12:50pmpost #15819 of 707372/13/13 at 1:16pmpost #15820 of 707372/13/13 at 1:30pmpost #15821 of 707372/13/13 at 1:33pmpost #15822 of 707372/13/13 at 1:34pmpost #15823 of 707372/13/13 at 1:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by hohneokc
Great looking shoe!
I think I know where they got the idea for the new AE Winter Park (photo from the AE website) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Sanderson is a great looking shoe, as is the Winter Park. They got the idea from themselves, as the Sanderson is the Williams, which is on the 2 last.
But great to see a nice wingtip on the 1 last. But this interesting - the Walnut Winter Park has 5 blind eyelets, while the black has 4 round eyelets:post #15824 of 707372/13/13 at 1:55pmpost #15825 of 707372/13/13 at 2:12pmQuote:
All RL shoes are on custom last. Sanderson is on a custom last that is similar to 2 last. Below is mine after one and half years of service !
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › CLASSIC ENGLISH BRIEFCASE 2 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 4 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 11 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 13 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Josh Hartnett suede shoes - New York SoHo 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...