Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/6/16 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 5:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Today
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Today
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1051post #15751 of 705792/12/13 at 10:17am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15752 of 705792/12/13 at 10:26ampost #15753 of 705792/12/13 at 10:37ampost #15754 of 705792/12/13 at 10:47amQuote:
Some AE's are branded Brooks Brothers; some are branded AE for Brooks Brothers. I think the Park Avenue falls into the latter category.post #15755 of 705792/12/13 at 10:50amQuote:
There are normal AE Park Aves and then there are BB Park Aves (rebranded). The recent $130 sale was for the BB version. I was saying that it seems you'd have better luck finding BB version in D width than you would any other width.post #15756 of 705792/12/13 at 10:54ampost #15757 of 705792/12/13 at 10:55amQuote:
Wait, so we aren't allowed to say anything bad about AE in this thread? I think Quadcammer has a valid point about the cap-toe placement. He is hardly the only one to raise the issue.post #15758 of 705792/12/13 at 11:01amQuote:
No, that's not the point. Go back and read Quadcam's 1st comment about a newb who courageously posted a pic of his cap toe shoe. I think that is what mp906 is getting at. Of course, everyone should share their opinions. But this (and the Alden thread) thread benefits from the most respectul and intelligent posters and I'd hate to see that change.post #15759 of 705792/12/13 at 11:02ampost #15760 of 705792/12/13 at 11:07ampost #15761 of 705792/12/13 at 11:38amQuote:Originally Posted by BootSpell
No, that's not the point. Go back and read Quadcam's 1st comment about a newb who courageously posted a pic of his cap toe shoe. I think that is what mp906 is getting at. Of course, everyone should share their opinions. But this (and the Alden thread) thread benefits from the most respectul and intelligent posters and I'd hate to see that change.
dude, stop. Courageously? We are not headed into combat. We are discussing dress shoes on an internet forum. There is precisely zero courage needed.
Nevertheless, the toe cap looks bad, I said as much. could it have been more delicate? sure...but we are all big boys here, no?post #15762 of 705792/12/13 at 12:01pmQuote:
1) Classic buck shoe (in fact, more suede options in general)
2) More 8-last options
3) Cap toe boot with a rubber sole (i.e. Bayfield)
4) A website for the shoebank where you can run searches for available models.post #15763 of 705792/12/13 at 12:47pmpost #15764 of 705792/12/13 at 1:05pmWhat are people's thoughts on the Franciscan? I remember seeing a while back that someone has seen it in person? I've been wanting a monk strap for a while, but I can't decide based off the one grainy picture I've see of it if it's worth pulling the trigger on or if I should wait for (and spend the extra money on) the monk from the Independence line.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 25 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 1 minute ago
- › Unlined Rancourt Caramel Shell Pinch Penny Loafer 8.5D 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...