From Canada, how do you access the Shoebank offerings? I emailed an address I saw here a while ago...any other advice - anyone?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 4:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:26 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 2/10/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1047post #15691 of 707352/11/13 at 2:58pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15692 of 707352/11/13 at 3:02pmpost #15693 of 707352/11/13 at 4:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by CounselorStyle
The best time of year is usually Nordstrom's summer sale, where the PAs are usually around $200 (I think they might have increased prices to $210 last year). If you aren't willing to wait until July, there are probably options on sale factory seconds around the same price. I have no idea when AE's retail stores will be offering a sale on firsts.
You can call the Jeffersonvile Outlet in Ohio and see what they can do. Right now the Parks 2nd are $219.post #15694 of 707352/11/13 at 4:55pm
BCar email email@example.com and they will take care of you or call 740-948-9033. All the stores can look at the companies entire inventory. Not one store has everything you need you have to call one store and they can get what you need from wherever they have to to accomodate you.
I use Jeffersonville.post #15695 of 707352/11/13 at 4:56pmpost #15696 of 707352/11/13 at 5:03pmpost #15697 of 707352/11/13 at 5:04pmpost #15698 of 707352/11/13 at 5:38pmQuote:
I've always had a reply when emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for the list of available shoes. After making my decision I phoned in the order to a store as others have suggested. I requested USPS shipping which is $25.post #15699 of 707352/11/13 at 6:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by tesuquegolfer
Thought I would post a pic of my Walnut 5th Aves. When I chose them over the Strands, I wanted something a little more conservative with less broguing. However, I ended up getting a pair of Strands and they are actually my favorites. Here in Northern New Mexico, where I am one of less than 1% that owns descent shoes, it is nice to stand out a little and show some real style. I will get a pic of my 5ths for next time.
that toe cap flat out suckspost #15700 of 707352/11/13 at 6:13pm
15% off styles not currently on promtion
$117 Brooks Brothers Presidios
$134.50 Delray & LaSalle
$149 Parkway,Wilbert,Walden Kenilworth,Maxfield,Naples
$219 Park Avenue
$169 Golf Shoes
$49 Basic 35mm Belts
$49 Vests includeing goat suede vests
$299 Goat Suede Blazer
$5 Clearance socks
$99 Amok, Yuma Ann Arbor
Check with them on other clearance shoe pricing including Brooks Brother selection
email@example.com or 740-948-9033post #15701 of 707352/11/13 at 6:42pm
Quad: everybody knows how you feel about the toe cap issue. I share your opinion. However, let's not let that personal preference spill over into denigrating someone's individual shoes, especially when I suspect we're talking about someone on their second pair of nice shoes. Those Fifth Avenues are better than what most of the population is wearing.post #15702 of 707352/11/13 at 6:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by New Shoes1
Quad: everybody knows how you feel about the toe cap issue. I share your opinion. However, let's not let that personal preference spill over into denigrating someone's individual shoes, especially when I suspect we're talking about someone on their second pair of nice shoes. Those Fifth Avenues are better than what most of the population is wearing.
Very diplomatic, New Shoes1. I would have been a bit more blunt because I think Quadcammer denigrates this thread with his posts.post #15703 of 707352/11/13 at 7:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Winston S.
I don't think I see any cracking in your picture. What I do see is that the welt is coming apart from the sole of the shoe.
It's not really that huge of an issue in my eyes unless something gets stuck between the two layers and it starts deteriorating from the inside out. The stitching on the welt through the sole should hold those two pieces together.
I'm mostly concerned with water and salt. They will start creeping into the soles once the separation becomes larger. I should also note that there were several other small separations like that throughout the soles.post #15704 of 707352/11/13 at 8:01pmpost #15705 of 707352/11/13 at 8:29pmThats how I feel...I mean, for me, since I have large feet the cap toe looks pretty good on my foot...it actually falls in a pretty nice place on my foot...but even if I disliked the captoe, I cant for the life of me see how people can fly off the handle over them the way they do...and then the same people turn around and jizz all over pics of the Fifth Street, which to my eye, has the exact same proportions as the Fifth Ave/Park Ave...It makes no sense. If one dislikes it, they dislike it...thats fine...and thats one thing, but to state as a universal fact that it is unappealing is downright specious IMO. It seems as though there has a been a bit an expectation conditioned into people to dislike one version of the the exact same captoe over other, simply because others have done the same.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Balmain Jacket help. 4 minutes ago
- › Arpenteur Roscoff Wool Jacket - Navy - Tagged L shipping included 4 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Banff 9D Chili Luxury Lined Drivers, BNIB, Returns... 4 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 5 minutes ago
- › Ts(s) beige cotton jacket in size 3 (New with Tag) 7 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 7 minutes ago
- › All Styles Considered: An Arts Magazine from StyleForum Users 8 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.