Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 7:55 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 9/24/16 at 9:17pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1024post #15347 of 707372/5/13 at 1:32pmpost #15348 of 707372/5/13 at 1:37pm
Got my Singletons today and they must run big because my heel slips out of them when I walk. Interesting because I never size down and am a very TTS 12D. Yet, I can't keep my heel in them. Has anyone else had a similar experience with the Singletons?post #15349 of 707372/5/13 at 1:39pmQuote:
Thanks for the input, can you comment on the width, and how they compare to any other AE lasts you've had experience with?post #15350 of 707372/5/13 at 1:53pmI had that same experience with the Singleton. I sent mine back mostly because of the defect, but both my heels slipped right out of my normal size. They are beautiful shoes--and a steal at $130--but I'm not reordering because I just don't know about the fit.post #15351 of 707372/5/13 at 1:59pm
Look up Horween on google, their website, and also youtube. There are some pretty cool videos showing you how cordovan leather is made. Its horse leather literally made from their ass. If that doesn't spark your interest enough, the price will lol. It takes 6 months for the leather to ready for shoes, just to give you an idea of what goes into it.Quote:
Whats the number? I am going to LA this weekend, if it ends up being less expensive than I am thinking, I will order them hands down.post #15352 of 707372/5/13 at 2:00pmpost #15353 of 707372/5/13 at 2:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by jjr4884
Look up Horween on google, their website, and also youtube. There are some pretty cool videos showing you how cordovan leather is made. Its horse leather literally made from their ass. If that doesn't spark your interest enough, the price will lol. It takes 6 months for the leather to ready for shoes, just to give you an idea of what goes into it.
Whats the number? I am going to LA this weekend, if it ends up being less expensive than I am thinking, I will order them hands down.
Thanks. Will do.
I stay in L.A. What are you going to be doing?post #15354 of 707372/5/13 at 2:02pmpost #15355 of 707372/5/13 at 2:04pmpost #15356 of 707372/5/13 at 2:09pmSo, cross post as I figured here is a better place to vent. Another member was thinking of getting a pair of the Neumok custom ordered in green (which I didn't care for). But since they are on sale for $199 I figured I would play with some colors and see what I liked.
Ended up putting together what I think would be a great summer shoe and I wanted to get your thoughts. In addition, the only pair of AE that I own are a pair of Lubbocks so I wanted to get an idea on how the Neumok fits and if I should stay with my regular size. Granted, they are only $200 but I don't exactly want to waste money either.
Thoughts or suggestions?
Here is my "creation" which I think would be great for a cruise or other casual type summer wear.
Enough boots already. My Carminas that I ordered in the fall still are not here. Time to think about summer shoes.post #15357 of 707372/5/13 at 2:10pmpost #15358 of 707372/5/13 at 2:18pmQuote:
Width is fine, which is why I'm wondering if I can size down 1/2 a size. Hard to say what other AE's this fits like because I'm not a loafer guy and this was to be my first pair of loafers. The last number on the tongue is a 6, which usually indicates the 6 last on AE's.post #15359 of 707372/5/13 at 2:33pmpost #15360 of 707372/5/13 at 2:50pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 26 seconds ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 7 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 13 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 14 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 17 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 22 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 25 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...