Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/31/17 at 1:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 4:18 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1019post #15271 of 707372/4/13 at 4:17pmpost #15272 of 707372/4/13 at 4:18pmpost #15273 of 707372/4/13 at 4:22pmpost #15274 of 707372/4/13 at 4:25pm
I think they might even be finished to Independence standards. If not, very close. Definitely a stop up from regular AE, at least in firsts. Except that the ones I have seen do not use the bi-colored, beveled soles, as on the Independence. But I'll curious to see how yours are when you get them.post #15275 of 707372/4/13 at 4:27pmpost #15276 of 707372/4/13 at 4:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
The Illford is the tan boot with the canvas sides? Someone here purchased those during the "great Jeffersonville boot riot of '12", a couple months ago. Nice pickup!
Found a pic of the boot from an ebay listing.
That's the one. The sales associate didn't even know about it but he was able to verify that the price was also $130.
On a side note, Adam at Shoebank 2 (the one at Galleria), is much more pleasant to deal with than the person who answers the phone at the other Shoebank location in Wisconsin. Extremely accomodating and knowledgeable.post #15277 of 707372/4/13 at 5:20pmpost #15278 of 707372/4/13 at 6:00pmQuote:
What the heck? The list of seconds i got had the fifth streets at 299. Which is actually higher than the price of the new ones! When i called they said it was accurate too. Odd.
Anyway, i kinda went crazy and bought everything...
RL chukkas in black and tan
RL cap toe in black and tan
Probably wont keep all of them... but ive said that before.post #15279 of 707372/4/13 at 6:08pmpost #15280 of 707372/4/13 at 6:16pmpost #15281 of 707372/4/13 at 6:18pm
Did I just buy a used/refurbished pair of Park Avenue's from amazon?
I recently purchased a pair of park avenues from amazon listed as new (I wanted to get two day shipping, so I ordered from amazon instead of the official website..anyone have any experience with amazon?). I got my shoes today, and I think that I may have received a used pair, or maybe they have slight imperfections because of Allen Edmonds manufacturing process. Please look at the photos and let me know what you guys think. I am contemplating returning these tomorrow. Whats bothering me is the front part of the shoe seems to be chipped a bit, and the soles at the bottom seem to be showing what it appears to be some wear. I just don't want to spend $340 on a refurbished pair, but if this is normal then I don't mind.
Thanks everyone.post #15282 of 707372/4/13 at 6:54pmpost #15283 of 707372/4/13 at 6:59pm
I remember you were trying to narrow down your choices, but what did you end up snagging?
I can't wait for a few of my recent orders to arrive this week.
Also, this thread needs more pictures. It's just too bad I don't have the Cold Iron backdrop.post #15284 of 707372/4/13 at 7:08pmpost #15285 of 707372/4/13 at 7:09pmQuote:
For what it's worth, I have always admired Sandersons. The only reason I did not jump on them is that I've recently developed an illness where I prefer my longwings to be shell. Antibiotics don't seem to have any affect.
Also, regarding the Evanstons, keep an eye out on EBay for new old stock or a barely worn pair. I like the soft square shape/silhouette of the Evanston so much, it inspired me to purchase a pair of C&J on the 337 last for my black cap toe and Andrew Lock's benchgrade for my brown cap toe.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 8 seconds ago
- › Did Magnanni get better? 11 seconds ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NWT! Brioni Tuxedo Suit Quirinale Navy Blue Size 42 US 52 EU 100%... 3 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway