Does anyone know what is different about the Ralph Lauren versions? It looks like a padded insole. Is it Poron like BB?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/6/16 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 2/9/16 at 5:20pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 2/10/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1008post #15106 of 707352/1/13 at 7:52am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15107 of 707352/1/13 at 7:55ampost #15108 of 707352/1/13 at 7:55ampost #15109 of 707352/1/13 at 7:56ampost #15110 of 707352/1/13 at 8:08ampost #15111 of 707352/1/13 at 8:11ampost #15112 of 707352/1/13 at 8:34ampost #15113 of 707352/1/13 at 8:38amQuote:Originally Posted by rgweiser53
Good price on the Eastport...if you're okay with Tan color
I have the tan and have been able to keep the light color by using Bicks4. If you wanted them darker you could use neatsfoot oil and they would break in even faster and be very soft. That is a great price.Quote:Originally Posted by evolved
Shined up Bayfield seconds today......
I'm continually impressed with these seeing as they cost me $165. They got soaked in Amsterdam on NYE and were worn basically every day while we were on vacation. I came back, threw a coat of reno on there and polished the cap toe with AE chili paste and voila....good as new.
Awesome!! I have never been able to get the AE chili premium wax to work on my toe caps like that. Now wondering if I shouldn't try the paste instead. Very nicely done.Quote:
Yep, and in the very rare cigar shell. Don't even think twice about it- jump on them if they have them in your size...Quote:
You can scratch the Saunders in 10D I just got the last pair
In the next couple of days I should receive my last pair of shell Dundee's which will give me all 5 AE shell colors in a chukka. The Saunders in brown calf should compliment them nicely along with my suede Katmai's.
Also ordered the Brooks 7 Tan Calf/Linen wingtip. Have the Strawfut in brown\brown which is the dark brown and like them a lot. These are also a great looking summer casual shoe IMO if these are the same ones and the SA thinks they are-post #15114 of 707352/1/13 at 9:00ampost #15115 of 707352/1/13 at 9:14amFor anyone wondering about the Singletons, they are NOT on the 2 last. I posted comparison pics of them vs. the Randolph a while back. The fit pretty much like the Randolph. Maybe a bit more heel slip, but I didn't have them long enough to break them in. I paid $209 for them, which I thought was a good deal at the time. Unfortunately, the defect was too significant for me to keep them.post #15116 of 707352/1/13 at 9:21amQuote:
I just spoke with Earl and got the last 12d Walnut Strand he had in stock. He was very nice to work with. Looking forward to getting these next week. Thanks adsmith4 for sharing this special.post #15117 of 707352/1/13 at 9:32ampost #15118 of 707352/1/13 at 9:51ampost #15119 of 707352/1/13 at 9:53am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 36 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 39 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › ALDEN Shell Cordovan Boots US 10.5 C 5 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 6 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?