alcohol on a Q tip applied carefully?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 4:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:26 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 2/10/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 921
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13802 of 7073512/21/12 at 1:23pm
Sorry to go off on a totally unrelated tangent but I was perusing a few thousand posts back and saw that some people have had some luck with discontinued models so here goes:
I really really really want a Winhall in 7D if anyone has one, knows someone who does, or knows a collector/merchant that might still have some. They're discontinued I know and there are some black ones in larger sizes available on eBay right now but I'm interested in the brown one with the stitched leather.
I have seen this version:
Which is pretty close to what I'm after except this version has some kind of textured leather in place of the woven leather :(
It's supposed to have a brown woven leather like this: http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Edmonds-Orleans-Oxford-Walnut/dp/B00499E0XG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1356124816&sr=8-3&keywords=allen+edmonds+woven
Anywho, if anyone can point me in the direction of one of these babies (or something similar like a Magnanni Rio) I'd be much obliged...
~Johnnypost #13803 of 7073512/21/12 at 1:41pmQuote:
Search for Man of Lint and Acetone. I believe that is what he has recommended in the past to strip the heel/welt.post #13804 of 7073512/21/12 at 2:03pmAfter the new year I will be in the market for some new shoes and I thought suede would be a good bet. The 2 last doesn't work for me, so sadly the Players Shoe is out. What are the thoughts on the suede neumoks? I just want I shoe to wear with jeans or olive chinos.post #13805 of 7073512/21/12 at 2:20pmSince someone asked about sales: not much. Currently at shoebank:
Factory Second Patriot $181, Norwich $155, Tampa $104, Black Kenilworth $163, and Finch $140. Brown Swim over shoes $29. Shoe Trees 2 for $35. Select Ties $29 or 2 for $50. Socks $5 per pair.
On Amazon 10% OFF SHOES, 20% OFF BOOTS.post #13806 of 7073512/21/12 at 2:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Onlyoneoklahoma
After the new year I will be in the market for some new shoes and I thought suede would be a good bet. The 2 last doesn't work for me, so sadly the Players Shoe is out. What are the thoughts on the suede neumoks? I just want I shoe to wear with jeans or olive chinos.
Suede Neumoks are remarkably comfortable and pair up nicely with casual pants or jeans. Anything specific you'd like to know. They're pretty damn awesome.post #13807 of 7073512/21/12 at 3:05pmpost #13808 of 7073512/21/12 at 5:18pmMy Jingle Bell Mok's came in today and just in time, too. Heading up to the folks' place in the morning. I was on the fence about buying this gimmicky webgem for a long time and I almost didn't pull the trigger, but now I'm glad I did. These look great. The burnishing is well executed and the shoe feels much more solid than some of the other unlined shoes, like the nuemok.post #13809 of 7073512/21/12 at 7:43pmpost #13810 of 7073512/21/12 at 10:30pmQuote:
When I received the Jingle Bell Moks a couple weeks ago, I thought they were the best of both worlds. They're stiff enough not to collapse like water shoes that kids wear (which the Neumoks do), but they have a nice pliable sole, making them incredibly quick to break in and instantly comfortable. I was skeptical about ordering them too, but I'm glad I did.post #13811 of 7073512/21/12 at 11:33pmpost #13812 of 7073512/22/12 at 6:17ampost #13813 of 7073512/22/12 at 7:58am
hello all, i am looking to buy a black pair of shoes/boots. i was looking at the park ave as AE doesnt seem to carry chelsea boots. i was to wear for dressy as well as casual(family holidays, work) should i go with the chelsea or will park ave be fine.post #13814 of 7073512/22/12 at 8:29ampost #13815 of 7073512/22/12 at 9:14amWell, the Neumoks are unlined. You want a thicker suede to give it structure. So this one won't be as thin as say an Alden 1494. But the suede is soft and makes a good palette for the brogues. My snuff Neumoks are light weight and very comfortable. No regrets. I just have to restrain the urge to buy more. Its the best AE makeup I've tried on so far.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 20 seconds ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 43 seconds ago
- › Pal Zileri SC 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris SL/10 Court Sneakers SZ 44.5 (Black Perforated) 4 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.