Yes, quite a good chance based on that pic. Any other pictures to make sure? They were available on shell for a good number of years.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 4/28/16 at 12:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 1:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 894post #13397 of 7073712/9/12 at 5:00pmQuote:
Indy is chromexel. Coldiron posted how he treated his chromexel daltons somewhere; might be in the wolverine thread? I'll see if I can find it.
But very similar to shell in that very oily and you dont want to polish them. Lots of brushing.post #13398 of 7073712/9/12 at 5:04pmQuote:
I can never remember the #s. if that is regular calfskin, start with some leather conditioner, then wear. If that is chromexcel, you can skip the conditioner at first.post #13399 of 7073712/9/12 at 5:06pmQuote:No other pics that would clear that up. Picked them up for $23. Soles are more worn than I care for, but they're not misshapen. I figure maybe I can get them recrafted in the future - meaning they would be $150 total for a pair of vintage shells. As is, though, they seem to have tons of character and are probably totally wearable for now.
-Jpost #13400 of 7073712/9/12 at 5:10pmpost #13401 of 7073712/9/12 at 5:16pm
I've been on a bit of a buying spree lately so I can't even brag to my wife how cool the find is! Now what are the shell rules? Saphir Renovateur yay or nay? If yay, i'll want to use it to clean the hell out of them once I get them! Then I need to decide if the heels need to be replaced!
-Jpost #13402 of 7073712/9/12 at 5:16pmMingus, Polo shell numbers are 8284/8281. There may be others but this is what i have.
I restore old shell with Venetian cream and brushing for a long long time.
By the way if you don't replace the suicide heels, I should warn you they are pretty dangerous.post #13403 of 7073712/9/12 at 5:23pmpost #13404 of 7073712/9/12 at 5:24pmQuote:Looks like 59439 in the picture. . .and then something underneath it. . .so I guess maybe they're not shell?
-Jpost #13405 of 7073712/9/12 at 5:25pmpost #13406 of 7073712/9/12 at 5:34pm
Well, the good news is that I'll have my new phone (better camera to take pics at work) before the shoes arrive - meaning I can post better pics. If they're NOT shell, I may just have them resoled at a local cobbler if the uppers are in the condition they appear to be in the pics. Being that they should be resoled NOW or at least SOON, recrafting would only be an option for me if they are shell. If not, they're not shoes i'd pay $150 total (with the recrafting) for. If they are calf, i'll just clean them up a bit, have them resoled locally (for less than half the price of recrafting) and have some nice looking knock around shoes!
-Jpost #13407 of 7073712/9/12 at 5:43pmThe style number will be in the second line. When you get them you can check with capnwes from thrifting forum who has an inexhaustible knowledge of old AE catalogues. Better yet post the pics at thrifting forum, this counts as brag at that price.post #13408 of 7073712/9/12 at 6:22pm9.5D is my size!!! Third time a charm. I was having fears that going down from 10D to 9.5D would mean my balmorals would not close enough and would look like bluchers. However they close enough IMO. Wow once you find your right size, AE are SUPER comfortable. They fit like gloves and I hardly realize I have shoes on.post #13409 of 7073712/9/12 at 6:28pmpost #13410 of 7073712/9/12 at 6:28pm
I'm having some second thoughts on my Sanfords. Do others have problems with the toe on the 7 last? My left pinkie toe feels too scrunched up against the side of the shoe. The right shoe fits perfectly.
I think I can still return them since I've only worn them on carpet. I might have to avoid shoes on the 7 last.
Unfortunately these are 13D. A 14D would almost certainly be too long and a 13E would probably be too wide, especially on the right shoe.
Looking at AE's descriptions of the lasts, I think I might have more success on the 1, 4, or 5 last.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 55 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 3 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 4 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet Trainers (OPEN TO COLORWAYS) 6 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding