Yes, quite a good chance based on that pic. Any other pictures to make sure? They were available on shell for a good number of years.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:20 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 2:28 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 894post #13397 of 7073712/9/12 at 5:00pmQuote:
Indy is chromexel. Coldiron posted how he treated his chromexel daltons somewhere; might be in the wolverine thread? I'll see if I can find it.
But very similar to shell in that very oily and you dont want to polish them. Lots of brushing.post #13398 of 7073712/9/12 at 5:04pmQuote:
I can never remember the #s. if that is regular calfskin, start with some leather conditioner, then wear. If that is chromexcel, you can skip the conditioner at first.post #13399 of 7073712/9/12 at 5:06pmQuote:No other pics that would clear that up. Picked them up for $23. Soles are more worn than I care for, but they're not misshapen. I figure maybe I can get them recrafted in the future - meaning they would be $150 total for a pair of vintage shells. As is, though, they seem to have tons of character and are probably totally wearable for now.
-Jpost #13400 of 7073712/9/12 at 5:10pmpost #13401 of 7073712/9/12 at 5:16pm
I've been on a bit of a buying spree lately so I can't even brag to my wife how cool the find is! Now what are the shell rules? Saphir Renovateur yay or nay? If yay, i'll want to use it to clean the hell out of them once I get them! Then I need to decide if the heels need to be replaced!
-Jpost #13402 of 7073712/9/12 at 5:16pmMingus, Polo shell numbers are 8284/8281. There may be others but this is what i have.
I restore old shell with Venetian cream and brushing for a long long time.
By the way if you don't replace the suicide heels, I should warn you they are pretty dangerous.post #13403 of 7073712/9/12 at 5:23pmpost #13404 of 7073712/9/12 at 5:24pmQuote:Looks like 59439 in the picture. . .and then something underneath it. . .so I guess maybe they're not shell?
-Jpost #13405 of 7073712/9/12 at 5:25pmpost #13406 of 7073712/9/12 at 5:34pm
Well, the good news is that I'll have my new phone (better camera to take pics at work) before the shoes arrive - meaning I can post better pics. If they're NOT shell, I may just have them resoled at a local cobbler if the uppers are in the condition they appear to be in the pics. Being that they should be resoled NOW or at least SOON, recrafting would only be an option for me if they are shell. If not, they're not shoes i'd pay $150 total (with the recrafting) for. If they are calf, i'll just clean them up a bit, have them resoled locally (for less than half the price of recrafting) and have some nice looking knock around shoes!
-Jpost #13407 of 7073712/9/12 at 5:43pmThe style number will be in the second line. When you get them you can check with capnwes from thrifting forum who has an inexhaustible knowledge of old AE catalogues. Better yet post the pics at thrifting forum, this counts as brag at that price.post #13408 of 7073712/9/12 at 6:22pm9.5D is my size!!! Third time a charm. I was having fears that going down from 10D to 9.5D would mean my balmorals would not close enough and would look like bluchers. However they close enough IMO. Wow once you find your right size, AE are SUPER comfortable. They fit like gloves and I hardly realize I have shoes on.post #13409 of 7073712/9/12 at 6:28pmpost #13410 of 7073712/9/12 at 6:28pm
I'm having some second thoughts on my Sanfords. Do others have problems with the toe on the 7 last? My left pinkie toe feels too scrunched up against the side of the shoe. The right shoe fits perfectly.
I think I can still return them since I've only worn them on carpet. I might have to avoid shoes on the 7 last.
Unfortunately these are 13D. A 14D would almost certainly be too long and a 13E would probably be too wide, especially on the right shoe.
Looking at AE's descriptions of the lasts, I think I might have more success on the 1, 4, or 5 last.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › things that are making you happy 32 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Marron Single Monk Alcudia Last 6.5UK/7.5US DROP $275 2 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 3 minutes ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 14 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...