Yes, quite a good chance based on that pic. Any other pictures to make sure? They were available on shell for a good number of years.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/6/16 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Yesterday
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Yesterday
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 894
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13397 of 7058012/9/12 at 5:00pmQuote:
Indy is chromexel. Coldiron posted how he treated his chromexel daltons somewhere; might be in the wolverine thread? I'll see if I can find it.
But very similar to shell in that very oily and you dont want to polish them. Lots of brushing.post #13398 of 7058012/9/12 at 5:04pmQuote:
I can never remember the #s. if that is regular calfskin, start with some leather conditioner, then wear. If that is chromexcel, you can skip the conditioner at first.post #13399 of 7058012/9/12 at 5:06pmQuote:No other pics that would clear that up. Picked them up for $23. Soles are more worn than I care for, but they're not misshapen. I figure maybe I can get them recrafted in the future - meaning they would be $150 total for a pair of vintage shells. As is, though, they seem to have tons of character and are probably totally wearable for now.
-Jpost #13400 of 7058012/9/12 at 5:10pmpost #13401 of 7058012/9/12 at 5:16pm
I've been on a bit of a buying spree lately so I can't even brag to my wife how cool the find is! Now what are the shell rules? Saphir Renovateur yay or nay? If yay, i'll want to use it to clean the hell out of them once I get them! Then I need to decide if the heels need to be replaced!
-Jpost #13402 of 7058012/9/12 at 5:16pmpost #13403 of 7058012/9/12 at 5:23pmpost #13404 of 7058012/9/12 at 5:24pmQuote:Looks like 59439 in the picture. . .and then something underneath it. . .so I guess maybe they're not shell?
-Jpost #13405 of 7058012/9/12 at 5:25pmpost #13406 of 7058012/9/12 at 5:34pm
Well, the good news is that I'll have my new phone (better camera to take pics at work) before the shoes arrive - meaning I can post better pics. If they're NOT shell, I may just have them resoled at a local cobbler if the uppers are in the condition they appear to be in the pics. Being that they should be resoled NOW or at least SOON, recrafting would only be an option for me if they are shell. If not, they're not shoes i'd pay $150 total (with the recrafting) for. If they are calf, i'll just clean them up a bit, have them resoled locally (for less than half the price of recrafting) and have some nice looking knock around shoes!
-Jpost #13407 of 7058012/9/12 at 5:43pmpost #13408 of 7058012/9/12 at 6:22pm9.5D is my size!!! Third time a charm. I was having fears that going down from 10D to 9.5D would mean my balmorals would not close enough and would look like bluchers. However they close enough IMO. Wow once you find your right size, AE are SUPER comfortable. They fit like gloves and I hardly realize I have shoes on.post #13409 of 7058012/9/12 at 6:28pmpost #13410 of 7058012/9/12 at 6:28pm
I'm having some second thoughts on my Sanfords. Do others have problems with the toe on the 7 last? My left pinkie toe feels too scrunched up against the side of the shoe. The right shoe fits perfectly.
I think I can still return them since I've only worn them on carpet. I might have to avoid shoes on the 7 last.
Unfortunately these are 13D. A 14D would almost certainly be too long and a 13E would probably be too wide, especially on the right shoe.
Looking at AE's descriptions of the lasts, I think I might have more success on the 1, 4, or 5 last.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 5 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 11 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 15 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 16 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 17 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 20 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 22 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...