Oh, I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with them--it's just that I would have limited opportunities to wear them. But I tend to be a pretty conservative dresser, so that's just me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:20 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- How do shoe care kit I can build myself?Last edited: 1/28/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 87post #1291 of 7052712/4/11 at 9:26am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1292 of 7052712/4/11 at 9:44ampost #1293 of 7052712/4/11 at 11:46ampost #1294 of 7052712/4/11 at 12:11pmpost #1295 of 7052712/4/11 at 12:22pmpost #1296 of 7052712/4/11 at 12:23pmQuote:
Got the same email, AE is planning a lot recently. I'm looking forward to the new shoes in the spring collection.post #1297 of 7052712/4/11 at 12:24pm
I need some help deciding whether or not to keep one of the pairs I got in the 2/300 sale, which came yesterday.
The Chili Lasalle's are great - look good, comfortable, can't tell why they're seconds.
I'm struggling a bit more with the Randolph's I got in burgundy. I can tell why they're seconds, but no one else would really ever notice - the sole of the left shoe sticks out slightly farther past the upper on the left toe than on the right. Not worried about that. What I am worried about is how the left shoe fits around the arch.
I have very flat feet, no real arch at all. Sometimes makes loafers a tough fit, and I tend to go with something that laces up much more often. But in this case I wanted to give it a shot. The left shoe seems to be fitting more awkwardly than the right - bulging on both sides. I think I notice it much more looking at it from above than anyone else seeing it would.
Comfort-wise I've got not problems, it's strictly an aesthetic issue.
Here are some pictures. Do you think with some wear the leather would break in a bit and not bulge so noticeably?post #1298 of 7052712/4/11 at 12:33pmQuote:
They are trying to keep up with the trends and establish themselves in the redefined American style market. What's the biggest advantage of cordovan? Why is it so costly?post #1299 of 7052712/4/11 at 12:39pmQuote:
Watch the cordovan video on AE's website. Cordovan leather is difficult to make, time consuming to tan, and It's durability is superior to calf, aside from its shine and anti-wrinkling qualities. I know what makes it better, but I'm satisfied with calf skin leather at the moment.post #1300 of 7052712/4/11 at 12:42pm
I tried to make a post in here with some pictures of a pair I bought in the 2/300 sale to get some opinions on their fit, but it got held up "for moderation"...any idea how long it usually takes a post to get out of moderation? (or how long I have to be a member for that stops happening?)post #1301 of 7052712/4/11 at 12:44pmI absolutely adore my shell Cambridges. After maybe 15-20 wears, including a number of "stand/walk for 6+ hours in Manhattan" days among them, the soles are in great shape, and all it's taken is a slight cream and a quick buff to restore them to flawless condition. Every scratch/scuff buffs out easily, the creasing is extraordinarily mild, and the comfort is excellent. I am particularly fond of the double sole: that plus what seems like a rather tough sole material has me feeling that these shoes will get more miles (literally) out of a single wear than any other leather shoe I own.
Downside: 5 seconds of water droplet on leather surface leaves a faint mark. Upside: the marks brush off, and I have found that using the Brooks Brothers "cordovan paste wax" seems to reduce the effect considerably.
(Can't say I expect them to come close to my Merrill hiking shoes/boots, though...)
I also am rather fond of how the toe curves upward a bit more firmly than my other shoes. I tend to wear down toes, but not so with this pair.post #1302 of 7052712/4/11 at 12:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by RZach
I tried to make a post in here with some pictures of a pair I bought in the 2/300 sale to get some opinions on their fit, but it got held up "for moderation"...any idea how long it usually takes a post to get out of moderation? (or how long I have to be a member for that stops happening?)
This seems to be something implemented when the new SF website was launched. It seems to be in place to deter spamming and such, not sure how long moderating lasts though. Try PMing a moderator.post #1303 of 7052712/4/11 at 1:10pmpost #1304 of 7052712/4/11 at 1:22pm
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 2 minutes ago
- › Jack Erwin Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Church's Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 13 minutes ago
- › Bernie Sanders, trad icon? 13 minutes ago
- › Need Help with Balmain Biker Jeans 13 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...