Oh, I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with them--it's just that I would have limited opportunities to wear them. But I tend to be a pretty conservative dresser, so that's just me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 10/11/16 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 87post #1291 of 7073712/4/11 at 9:26ampost #1292 of 7073712/4/11 at 9:44ampost #1293 of 7073712/4/11 at 11:46ampost #1294 of 7073712/4/11 at 12:11pmpost #1295 of 7073712/4/11 at 12:22pmpost #1296 of 7073712/4/11 at 12:23pmQuote:
Got the same email, AE is planning a lot recently. I'm looking forward to the new shoes in the spring collection.post #1297 of 7073712/4/11 at 12:24pm
I need some help deciding whether or not to keep one of the pairs I got in the 2/300 sale, which came yesterday.
The Chili Lasalle's are great - look good, comfortable, can't tell why they're seconds.
I'm struggling a bit more with the Randolph's I got in burgundy. I can tell why they're seconds, but no one else would really ever notice - the sole of the left shoe sticks out slightly farther past the upper on the left toe than on the right. Not worried about that. What I am worried about is how the left shoe fits around the arch.
I have very flat feet, no real arch at all. Sometimes makes loafers a tough fit, and I tend to go with something that laces up much more often. But in this case I wanted to give it a shot. The left shoe seems to be fitting more awkwardly than the right - bulging on both sides. I think I notice it much more looking at it from above than anyone else seeing it would.
Comfort-wise I've got not problems, it's strictly an aesthetic issue.
Here are some pictures. Do you think with some wear the leather would break in a bit and not bulge so noticeably?post #1298 of 7073712/4/11 at 12:33pmQuote:
They are trying to keep up with the trends and establish themselves in the redefined American style market. What's the biggest advantage of cordovan? Why is it so costly?post #1299 of 7073712/4/11 at 12:39pmQuote:
Watch the cordovan video on AE's website. Cordovan leather is difficult to make, time consuming to tan, and It's durability is superior to calf, aside from its shine and anti-wrinkling qualities. I know what makes it better, but I'm satisfied with calf skin leather at the moment.post #1300 of 7073712/4/11 at 12:42pm
I tried to make a post in here with some pictures of a pair I bought in the 2/300 sale to get some opinions on their fit, but it got held up "for moderation"...any idea how long it usually takes a post to get out of moderation? (or how long I have to be a member for that stops happening?)post #1301 of 7073712/4/11 at 12:44pmI absolutely adore my shell Cambridges. After maybe 15-20 wears, including a number of "stand/walk for 6+ hours in Manhattan" days among them, the soles are in great shape, and all it's taken is a slight cream and a quick buff to restore them to flawless condition. Every scratch/scuff buffs out easily, the creasing is extraordinarily mild, and the comfort is excellent. I am particularly fond of the double sole: that plus what seems like a rather tough sole material has me feeling that these shoes will get more miles (literally) out of a single wear than any other leather shoe I own.
Downside: 5 seconds of water droplet on leather surface leaves a faint mark. Upside: the marks brush off, and I have found that using the Brooks Brothers "cordovan paste wax" seems to reduce the effect considerably.
(Can't say I expect them to come close to my Merrill hiking shoes/boots, though...)
I also am rather fond of how the toe curves upward a bit more firmly than my other shoes. I tend to wear down toes, but not so with this pair.post #1302 of 7073712/4/11 at 12:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by RZach
I tried to make a post in here with some pictures of a pair I bought in the 2/300 sale to get some opinions on their fit, but it got held up "for moderation"...any idea how long it usually takes a post to get out of moderation? (or how long I have to be a member for that stops happening?)
This seems to be something implemented when the new SF website was launched. It seems to be in place to deter spamming and such, not sure how long moderating lasts though. Try PMing a moderator.post #1303 of 7073712/4/11 at 1:10pmpost #1304 of 7073712/4/11 at 1:22pmpost #1305 of 7073712/4/11 at 1:24pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Japan Blue JB0601 14.8oz Selvedge Denim - High Tapered 4 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 50 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 6 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...