These actually fit me better than any of my Allen Edmonds. They are a little bit tight in the vamp but after a few wears that shouldn't be much of an issue. I really like the versatility of these shoes also. I wore them yesterday with a suit but I think they are casual enough that come warmer weather, I will be able to wear them with shorts and lightweight pants as well. These were an absolute steal for $99 on Black Friday.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 4/28/16 at 12:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 859post #12871 of 7073712/1/12 at 7:55ampost #12872 of 7073712/1/12 at 8:05ampost #12873 of 7073712/1/12 at 8:51amQuote:
So I'm assuming you can't order over the phone, you have to be in Jeffersonville. :(post #12874 of 7073712/1/12 at 9:03ampost #12875 of 7073712/1/12 at 9:32ampost #12876 of 7073712/1/12 at 10:10ampost #12877 of 7073712/1/12 at 10:30ampost #12878 of 7073712/1/12 at 10:47am
The price on those Krause boots is almost to good to be true. Do any of you have first hand experience on how the quality of the Krause may compare to another boot made by AE like the Long Branch for example? I have some Long Branches in brown headed my way (which I got for a steal as well). I may just keep them as long as they are on par quality wise. However, if the Krause is substantially better I may be tempted to change course. My primary negative with the Long Branch is that it has a foam insole rather than AE's natural leather one. Any idea what the Krause has?post #12879 of 7073712/1/12 at 10:58amQuote:Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent
The price on those Krause boots is almost to good to be true. Do any of you have first hand experience on how the quality of the Krause may compare to another boot made by AE like the Long Branch for example? I have some Long Branches in brown headed my way (which I got for a steal as well). I may just keep them as long as they are on par quality wise. However, if the Krause is substantially better I may be tempted to change course. My primary negative with the Long Branch is that it has a foam insole rather than AE's natural leather one. Any idea what the Krause has?
I think these are part of the 1000 Mile boot line, which is their top line, and I would say on par with the Long Branch. (Actually, I think the leather on the Krause is probably better, though it's different).
Cold Iron can probably give us a definitive answer.post #12880 of 7073712/1/12 at 11:06amQuote:
Yeah, and I have a pair of AE's made in Dublin Leather, so I have experience with the leather these Krause's are made of. I am not sure what leather the Long Branches are. The Long Branch Vibram sole may be more what I am looking for application wise, but I'm not dead set in it.post #12881 of 7073712/1/12 at 11:09ampost #12882 of 7073712/1/12 at 11:15amQuote:
And they say 1/2 down. Seems to be the consensus.
And yes, $159 is ridiculous for these! I wonder what kind of defects they have to make them seconds at this price?post #12883 of 7073712/1/12 at 11:27amQuote:
I do know that they seem to be a bit more liberal with the prices on shoes manufactered for other companies. The Brooks Brothers shoes, for example, seem to sit at $199.00 at the outlet nearest to me.post #12884 of 7073712/1/12 at 1:28pmQuote:Yes you can over the phone. In fact I forgot they were in a different time zone and waited till 10 AM my time.
That was my biggest concern. I did not but went TTS. I talked to Crystal for awhile about it and she seemed to feel that they LOOKED like a TTS boot but she couldn't say for certain. I am a 10D in all my AE shoes except for the 3 in the rough collection which are 9.5D so that worried me a bit. I went TTS on the 744 LTD which is what wingtip said to do and they are perfect so they could be correct on sizing down a half size. I would prefer them to be a bit larger than smaller however so I can wear thicker socks in the winter. My Bayfields are a bit too snug to do that, I should have gone up a size in width on the Bayfield's like bucksfan did.Quote:
Not sure as I haven't seen them yet but willing to bet they are on par with the Long Branch and even probably better also. Seer actually had a pair recently and I almost sent him a PM asking him along with sizing. But his initial impression was that the leather was great with oxblood highlights and it would take a shine well. I'm very pleased with all 3 of my AE dublin leather shoes and pretty sure I will be with these boots too.Quote:Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent
Yeah, and I have a pair of AE's made in Dublin Leather, so I have experience with the leather these Krause's are made of. I am not sure what leather the Long Branches are. The Long Branch Vibram sole may be more what I am looking for application wise, but I'm not dead set in it.
I also would prefer the full vibram lug sole also and will put the vibram raptor half sole on them. Until they are wore down and then likely replace with full lug soles. I plan on doing that with my 744 LTD but they are so comfortable I hate to send them off to have it done. In fact I have them on right now.Quote:
Yes it is. I did not post about these on the 1K thread, selfish of me but in case the 10D are too large I wanted to slant things in my favor that they would still have a 9.5D available on Wednesday when I will know for sure. I'm tempted to order the brown\tan too.
I don't have time right now to reply to your post on the other thread headed out the door and will send you a PM later when I get home later. But to answer your other question quickly: these are the best bang for the buck for what you want IME- Perfket Hunters They are in the picture I posted there next to my Russell's.
I used to live near you although I was on the other side of the Sound... So the Olympics rule and the Cascades drool... j/kpost #12885 of 7073712/1/12 at 1:54pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 28 seconds ago
- › Naples Tailors - seeking any experience or advice ? 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 14 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 17 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 18 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 21 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding