Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 5:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 84post #1246 of 7073712/2/11 at 3:59pmpost #1247 of 7073712/2/11 at 4:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by VLSI
Do the bayfield boots take time to break in? I was worried they were a little small after I got them, but decided to keep anyways. Been wearing them all day and put a couple miles on them now. Blisters on my heals and second to last toes now. Will this problem correct itself as the leather softens or am I screwed? Thanks!
If your developing actual blisters I would venture to say you need to change sizes or widths. That shouldn't be happening no matter how much you love to "break in" your shoes.post #1248 of 7073712/2/11 at 5:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by Karl_in_Chicago
Mine were fine right out of the box - the Brown CXL is very supple as is. Are these CXL or the Black Calf? Given the rubber sole on this model it's not going to adjust much down around the welt, which sounds like where your issue is. Sounds like maybe they just aren't sized right?
Brown. Yea, I think you guys are right I posted about them fitting funny earlier in the thread and someone told me it probably wasn't a good idea, but I didn't listen. Guess I'll be paying for it now. So who want to buy some 10.5d bayfields worn only twice?
What last is Amok on and how does that compare to Bayfield? Ordered those in 10.5 toopost #1249 of 7073712/2/11 at 6:00pmpost #1250 of 7073712/2/11 at 6:02pmpost #1251 of 7073712/2/11 at 8:26pmwent into a store and saw the chocolate dalton. i have to say i really like them in chocolate over walnut. now i gotta find out when will they go on sale again in the outlet. I'll definitely get one at $149. I am thinking about to pick up the brown 5th ave and walnut strand from the current sale.post #1252 of 7073712/2/11 at 9:25pm
I don't know what the official AE policy is, but I ordered a pair of shell Leeds without first trying them on. I wore them outside about 5 times and decided that I should have sized down because of severe heel slip in my right. I contacted customer service and they told me to either try an insert or that I could exchange them. The Leeds have leather soles. If they'd exchange a pair of shoes where the leather soles are all scuffed, I don't see why they wouldn't do it for rubber soles that, after a wipe down, would show no signs of wear. Maybe they won't, but it's worth a shot if you can't find a buyer (unlikely if you're just trying to unload them at cost).post #1253 of 7073712/2/11 at 10:22pm
I received my Amoks in brown this week and was really happy with them. I think they would have fit better if I sized down by half, but it's fine enough as is. Admittedly, I didn't expect them to be as thin and floppy as they are, but they look awesome while being worn and I have already received compliments.
I also received the Bayfield seconds, which I was more excited for. I quickly put them on and stood up.. and one of the last lace hooks (rivets?) popped right off. Upon close inspection, the inside piece was not properly bent to fit the outside piece. Not sure what I'm going to do about them. Suggestions? -- I'll be emailing AE support and asking them about it, regardless.post #1254 of 7073712/3/11 at 12:30ampost #1255 of 7073712/3/11 at 4:49amQuote:Originally Posted by reidrothchild
I don't know what the official AE policy is, but I ordered a pair of shell Leeds without first trying them on. I wore them outside about 5 times and decided that I should have sized down because of severe heel slip in my right. I contacted customer service and they told me to either try an insert or that I could exchange them. The Leeds have leather soles. If they'd exchange a pair of shoes where the leather soles are all scuffed, I don't see why they wouldn't do it for rubber soles that, after a wipe down, would show no signs of wear. Maybe they won't, but it's worth a shot if you can't find a buyer (unlikely if you're just trying to unload them at cost).
Thanks for the advice. I got a pretty good deal on them, but yea I'd still lose money trying to sell them. I'll contact CS first as I'd really like to replace them instead. Received 4 other pairs of shoes in the mail today but it's hard to tell which ones fit properly with the blisters now.
Also, is it normal for the backside of the rivet to wear through the finish on the leather like this?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And secondly, will be returning the Amok. I know I said earlier in the thread that I really liked them, but that's worn off. Color is so far off and leather feels so thin. At 150, they're priced much closer to where the MSRP should be starting rather than the 250 they claim. Also a defect in the coloring...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #1256 of 7073712/3/11 at 7:25amQuote:Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
Just my opinion. I think it looks great with a navy suit. If you have black already, the dark brown won't be that much of a change. But, as you can see above, different opinions.
I think you can't go wrong with either. But the walnut looks so good and is more of a change from black for when you want to mix things up.
I'm really undecided now, I purchased the black Lombards since I already own a pair of burgundy Van Ness, walnut Strands and black dress shoes which need to be replaced. To me the walnut strands would be pretty similar to the walnut Lombards (thoughts?) I am really shocked how many people suggest wearing walnut with a charcoal and navy suit, as a result I will have to try my Strands on with my my charcoal suit to see how they look....
However, I am not in love with the look of the black Lombards as opposed to really enjoying how the walnut Lombards look. Right now the Lombards are a little snug anyways so I was considering sizing up; however they may just need some breaking in because they are loose in the heal but tight in the front. Does anyone know if Shoe Bank will exchange the pair of shoes if you want a different color as opposed to a sizing issue?post #1257 of 7073712/3/11 at 7:30amQuote:
I would say it would go fine with navy and charcoal, but black would be more conservative. I personally wouldn't wear black with navy.[/quote]
You dont wear black with Navy? I'm shocked because I always though you were supposed to wear a dark brown/burgundy shoe with Navy but when I got on SF it seemed as though more people were wearing black with Navy.post #1258 of 7073712/3/11 at 8:24ampost #1259 of 7073712/3/11 at 9:14ampost #1260 of 7073712/3/11 at 9:57am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 10 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 14 minutes ago
- › FS: Carlo Barbera fabrics, checks, NAVY STAPLE S150S 17 minutes ago
- › The Rise and Rise of Donald J Trump 23 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 36 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 49 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 50 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 hour ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...