yes, any shoebank. Try Edward in Maine.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/31/17 at 1:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 1:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 82post #1217 of 7073712/2/11 at 9:16amQuote:Originally Posted by dieselman89
So I've done the following Strand/Van Ness (oxfords/closed tongue) = bar lass, and the Lombard (wingtip/blucher) = bar lass for the time being.
I will let you know after a few wears. Not really sure though
Can you provide a diagram/instructions as to how you tie this method..
I would go with the brown. It's more conservative.Quote:
I think any Allen Edmonds outlet. I was told the same by the Riverhead NY store.Quote:
I would say it would go fine with navy and charcoal, but black would be more conservative. I personally wouldn't wear black with navy.post #1218 of 7073712/2/11 at 9:20amQuote:
Just my opinion. I think it looks great with a navy suit. If you have black already, the dark brown won't be that much of a change. But, as you can see above, different opinions.
I think you can't go wrong with either. But the walnut looks so good and is more of a change from black for when you want to mix things up.post #1219 of 7073712/2/11 at 9:21amQuote:Originally Posted by tv2177
Thanks for the input. I have crap wingtip that I got from yoox for $75 and it's very close to a walnut color and that's why I am asking. Also I am thinking about picking up the Walnut but not chocolate Dalton, which makes me almost 3 pairs of shoes with similar/identical color and thus the question.
Yeah, in that case, the brown might be a better choice.post #1220 of 7073712/2/11 at 9:39ampost #1221 of 7073712/2/11 at 10:25ampost #1222 of 7073712/2/11 at 10:30amQuote:
I agree that the bar lacing looks nicer - it's just too much effort to do the unnatural things one needs to do on shoes with odd numbers of eyelets, IMO.post #1223 of 7073712/2/11 at 11:57ampost #1224 of 7073712/2/11 at 12:06pmpost #1225 of 7073712/2/11 at 12:08pmAs an update to my Amok issues, I returned them to the Boston store today. The crew there was great, even going to the point of trying to locate pairs that looked like the ones on the web (without me asking them to do it). I have my doubts that they'll be able to track any down, but I really appreciated the effort. Regardless of what the shoes might look like, AE does have pretty good customer service.
I also received the pair of Dalton seconds I ordered. Great boot at that price! Although, I think they're trying a little too hard with the pinky-red pull tab and lining.post #1226 of 7073712/2/11 at 12:14pmQuote:
Have to keep an eye out, there was multiple posts on this thread alone about the recent AE sales. There were many, Endless.com, Amazon.com, AE Outlets. Now you might have to wait for the Nordstrom anniversary sale next year, or contact SF member Allaboutshoes (he has an Allen Edmonds Mega Thread you can look into).post #1227 of 7073712/2/11 at 12:15pmAbout lacing - The Fifth Avenues have an even number of laces, so I tried the bar lacing because it looks neater. However, I can confirm what someone else asked - it does make it harder to tigthen the laces. I'm going to change it to the old cross method I learnt when I was but a wee lad.post #1228 of 7073712/2/11 at 12:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by REguy
As an update to my Amok issues, I returned them to the Boston store today. The crew there was great, even going to the point of trying to locate pairs that looked like the ones on the web (without me asking them to do it). I have my doubts that they'll be able to track any down, but I really appreciated the effort. Regardless of what the shoes might look like, AE does have pretty good customer service.
I also received the pair of Dalton seconds I ordered. Great boot at that price! Although, I think they're trying a little too hard with the pinky-red pull tab and lining.
You know, based on what i have heard and read, i dogged a bullet with the Amok. Even my Allen Edmonds SA was reluctant to show interest in their Amok model (which he didn't even carry in his store). There is always the Malvern...post #1229 of 7073712/2/11 at 12:19pmpost #1230 of 7073712/2/11 at 12:19pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Currently, there are 1617 Active Users (279 Members and 1338 Guests)
- › Engineered Garments SS 17 3 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 37 seconds ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 43 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 9 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 13 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...