Strange that they have a better shoe brush selection than AE . I would go with the biggest one you can get.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 7/21/16 at 5:47am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/22/16 at 9:31am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 802post #12016 of 7073711/11/12 at 9:17ampost #12017 of 7073711/11/12 at 9:22amQuote:Originally Posted by BackInTheJox
Need a little help with polish color. I have a pair of brown burnished calf Lasalles. I'm not really sure which color AE polish to use. I'd like to keep the shoes the same color they already are essentially. I was looking at the sale polishes:
Bourbon, Brandy, Mocha, Saddle Brown
Not sure which one (if any) would be appropriate. I like the shade of brown the shoes are and don't want them ending up darker.
As a point of reference, here's a picture (on the right).
Bump. Any ideas on the brown color polishes?post #12018 of 7073711/11/12 at 9:36ampost #12019 of 7073711/11/12 at 10:15ampost #12020 of 7073711/11/12 at 11:49amQuote:
I have the McTavish in 11.5E and the Lubbock in 12E. The Lubbock fits me, but more snugly than the McTavish.
If I was choosing for you, I'd pick the Lubbock in 9.5E.post #12021 of 7073711/11/12 at 12:24pmpost #12022 of 7073711/11/12 at 12:42pmQuote:
I had not been really considering the Long Branch during all of these discussions from a few days ago. After looking at them for a while, the Brown Waxy Leather version is definitely growing on me. I saw Bootspell's pictures from a while back, but there doesn't seem to be any other posts with pics of these. Anyone have some good pictures of their Long Branches they could share? Also, for those who have them, how do you like them so far? Do they have the natural leather insole, or do they have a foam/poron type insole? I prefer to buy AE's with the natural leather insole when possible. Thanks!post #12023 of 7073711/11/12 at 1:00pm
AE recommend their dark brown polish for their dark brown shoes
Of the on sale polishes Bourbon is the closest to dark brown, but with a bit of reddish tone (I have used it on my Dark Brown burnished Moras and it does give them a hint of red). Mocha is considered 1 shade lighter than dark brown, and some recommend using polish that is 1 shade lighter to slow the darkening of shoe.post #12024 of 7073711/11/12 at 1:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by zchen
AE recommend their dark brown polish for their dark brown shoes
Of the on sale polishes Bourbon is the closest to dark brown, but with a bit of reddish tone (I have used it on my Dark Brown burnished Moras and it does give them a hint of red). Mocha is considered 1 shade lighter than dark brown, and some recommend using polish that is 1 shade lighter to slow the darkening of shoe.
Thanks for the reply. I might go with Mocha since I don't really want to darken my shoes at all.post #12025 of 7073711/11/12 at 2:23pm
I bought some park avenues today and have an issue: My left foot is a little wider than my right foot. The right shoe fits perfectly, but the left shoe feels a little tight on the outer-left side.
I'm not sure if I should just live with it, get them stretched, or return them for a larger size (and maybe use an insole for the right foot). Any thoughts?post #12026 of 7073711/11/12 at 3:11pmQuote:
They did the same to me. When I contacted them, they said it was a glitch and corrected it.post #12027 of 7073711/11/12 at 3:12pmpost #12028 of 7073711/11/12 at 3:14pmQuote:
The gators wear like a cloud. You're right - double sole and reverse welt on both gators. I haven't tried out the shark Cliftons yet - they arrived on Friday.post #12029 of 7073711/11/12 at 4:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by random-adam
In other news, look what came in the mail today from allaboutshoes:
They fit just fine over the thicker socks that I'd wear with boots anyway, they are absolutely flawless, and the finish matches my shell wallet perfectly.
Now I just need to put in the time and elbow grease to get their finish up to Cold Iron standards...Quote:Originally Posted by random-adam
After discussing footwear with a like-minded friend yesterday evening (within earshot of my wife) and upon the realization that I've spent an awful lot of money on shoes between my new shell Daltons and a pair of custom Quoddy deck boots, I've decided to undertake a sabbatical of sorts -- no new shoes until November 2013.
My stable is sufficient for any possible career changes in the next year shy of construction or logging; I have a decent assortment of leather- and rubber-soled shoes. There's honestly not much more available in a 14AA anyway. I might make an exception if I see some NOS Ritz or Copley formal shoes on eBay for an unparalleled scream of a deal... but I believe a year of reflection, research, and thriftiness will do me good.
Endless thanks to AE for providing shoes that fit my foot and to all of you goons for the enlightenment and encouragement. I'll be back!
Nice Boots Adam, congrats! I struggled over getting a pair of those to go along with my walnut shell Daltons. I've seen pictures of your shoes and boots, our standards are pretty darn close
At one time in a post you mentioned Tysons Corner, I have a good friend that has a "farm house" near there, and I just spent the last 2 weeks hunting pheasants in SD with him and a few other retired military men. It is our annual Veteran Day's hunt. The Admiral pretty much set the gold bar standard for shoes and boots for me.
I too am slowing down on the stable growth and taking bucksfan approach for the most part.
When I got home this weekend my latest addition was waiting for me, the Wolverine 1K 744 shell boots made by AE.
Purchased them as seconds at $399 and keeping them. Yes they are work boots and are perfect for jeans with a Pendleton wool shirt, and love them and how they fit.post #12030 of 7073711/11/12 at 4:45pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 3 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 20 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 24 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 32 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 33 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 41 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 42 minutes ago
- › Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please 48 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 48 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 54 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding