More pics please!!! They look great!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/6/16 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 2/9/16 at 5:20pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 2/10/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 757post #11341 of 7073510/19/12 at 3:53pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11342 of 7073510/19/12 at 4:37pmpost #11343 of 7073510/19/12 at 4:56pm
My Amsterdam (Bourbon McAllister) arrived today, much to my surprise since I didn't expect them for another few weeks. First impression is very positive. The color is certainly unique. I like the new combination tap sole very much. Will post pics laterpost #11344 of 7073510/19/12 at 5:11pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:
Great pic! I can't wait for mine. It seems as if I'm the only one who didn't get theirs todaypost #11345 of 7073510/19/12 at 5:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by kennkim
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
an unexpected surprise on my doorstep today.
Wow, that bourbon color looks fantastic!
Here's a picture of my new truffle shell dundees
Edited by AndrewN - 10/19/12 at 5:58pmpost #11346 of 7073510/19/12 at 6:45pmpost #11347 of 7073510/19/12 at 7:07pmpost #11348 of 7073510/19/12 at 7:51pmpost #11349 of 7073510/19/12 at 7:56pmQuote:
Thank you for the compliments!
I was able to get this pair from the shoebank during their recent sale. I was originally looking for shell MacNeil's, but they happened to have a pair of truffle dundees in my size. I think AE offers truffle as a custom order color now; I know that JubeiSpiegel posted recently about ordering a pair.post #11350 of 7073510/20/12 at 9:27ampost #11351 of 7073510/20/12 at 11:10ampost #11352 of 7073510/20/12 at 12:14pmQuote:
I have the Wilbert in both brown and black. I used AE Leather Lotion to keep the stitching clean and the original color. I've switched to Bickmore Bick 4 Leather Conditioner, it appears to be the same thing and is a lot cheaper, I use it on bridle leather also so go through a fair amount of it. I love Reno but think it would darken them a bit.
I also have the Benton in Chili. It is my least favorite AE shoe. For some reason it looks stubby and blocky on me in 10D. While I really like the Wilbert's the Benton... not so much. Over the last couple of years I find myself moving more and more away from rubber soles, the heels wear down fairly fast on most all of them regardless of brand and are not replaced easily like a leather soled heel. I also like the stiffer support of leather soles as I get older and the bones in my feet are spreading, just personal preference. Still looking for traction much of the year especially on wet tile\marble floors however and am going to try the Vibram Raptor half soles that Crane's put on his 1k boots on my 5th St. boots next.Quote:
Outstanding! I was gone last week hunting and got home last night, UPS tried to deliver one of my pair 3 times requiring a signature. They used FedEx on my #8 Dundee's, not sure why they changed back to UPS for the next pair. Those both look fantastic and now I'm getting anxious to get mine.post #11353 of 7073510/20/12 at 12:18pmpost #11354 of 7073510/20/12 at 12:41pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › EXTREMELY ADVANCED: official oversized/next level clothing thread 1 minute ago
- › Cleaning Vintage Leather Moto Jacket WITHOUT re-dye? Also - stitch... 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › LVC 1955 jeans 5 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › "Early* Samurai SO500xx Lot 10 selvedge denim jeans, japan, tag 34 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?