Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 10/11/16 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 736post #11026 of 7073710/12/12 at 9:46pmpost #11027 of 7073710/12/12 at 9:53pmSorry was trying to post my last reply on my iPad and did not do so well. Yes the bourbon strand is calf. So I guess I'm trying to decide on going that direction for new and diffrent color and save a few colors or just get the brown shell strandpost #11028 of 7073710/12/12 at 9:55pmQuote:
Get the brown shell Strands. It's one of the most attractive models AE makes, and it is shell.post #11029 of 7073710/12/12 at 10:01pmpost #11030 of 7073710/13/12 at 2:09amthinkin 'bout pulling the trigger on a pair of Bayfields. how does the sizing work in terms of the 8 last? 10D in the 8 last = 10D in Bayfield?
also: i've seen a lot of you guys say that the Bayfields run narrow. you guys know that CXL is well-known for stretching a lot, right?post #11031 of 7073710/13/12 at 2:32ampost #11032 of 7073710/13/12 at 8:01ampost #11033 of 7073710/13/12 at 8:09ampost #11034 of 7073710/13/12 at 8:11amQuote:Originally Posted by mexicutioner
thinkin 'bout pulling the trigger on a pair of Bayfields. how does the sizing work in terms of the 8 last? 10D in the 8 last = 10D in Bayfield?
also: i've seen a lot of you guys say that the Bayfields run narrow. you guys know that CXL is well-known for stretching a lot, right?
I had the Bayfields in a D, needed an E. They did not stretch at all in the width.
On my Indy boots, the lacing has gotten a little bit closer, but that's it.post #11035 of 7073710/13/12 at 8:58amQuote:
Mario, I'm glad you threw this out there. I think all this talk and asking for advice about sizing and stretching in general is mostly nonsense and probably leading people in a bad direction.
People should get their feet properly measured and default to that shoe size, unless recommended specifically by the manufacturer (e.g..: this last always runs 1/2 small). If you have to mess around with the sizing, then the shoe is just not right for your foot. Sizing up or down in length or width just creates other problems. This is one of the reasons AE makes different lasts - to accommodate different foot types.
And if CXL stretched so much as to change the sizing, do you think reputable manufactures like AE would be using it, or at least not giving out advice?
Seriously, all these gyrations are way out of hand. They will only lead people to trouble.post #11036 of 7073710/13/12 at 9:11ampost #11037 of 7073710/13/12 at 9:16amChromexcel stretches a bit, not so much that it changes the size of the shoe much. But it does wrinkle and crease more than calf or shell cordovan, which can give the appearance of being "stretched out". It is clearly suited for more casual use.post #11038 of 7073710/13/12 at 9:32ampost #11039 of 7073710/13/12 at 9:56amQuote:
Always. On my boots I use combination trees because they happen to fit a little better. Depending on shoe size, tree size, shoe last, and tree design, your trees for normal shoes may or may not work for your Daltons; might have to size down on the trees.post #11040 of 7073710/13/12 at 10:16amJust curious for those who own suedes. Found some old stock AE suedes at the lock Rack, but they have a semi noticeable bald spot. It's small but the white bald spot kinda pops out amongst the brown suede. Is there a way to touch it up so that it blends in better with the brown?
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Currently, there are 1424 Active Users (342 Members and 1082 Guests)
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › Is 2" too much to let out at the waist? 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FS: George Cleverley Chocolate Suede Cap Toe Oxford UK 8E/US 9D 9 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 minutes ago
- › Tagliatore Barry mac coat light khaki IT 48 R 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 12 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › FREEMANS SPORTING CLUB - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...